Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

They all tested positive for getting KO'd in the first round.

And he's fought noted TRT users Nate Marquardt, Dan Henderson & Chael Sonnen twice, plus guys who have been popped other times like Vitor & Leben. I guess Team Quest is the best at cheating, since Hendo & Chael are the only guys listed who have made it out of the first with Anderson.

Question for you gentlemen.....

When you all view 'first row sports' and you get the message, (as I frequently do), that you cannot view the streaming video because you need to download another program, plug-in or some kind of supplementary video software in order to be able to view it : are these truthfully, legitimate and necessary programs ? Or are they tricks to get you to download some type of malicious software ?

I imagine there's the possibility that they are not always "one or the other". In other words, some may be legitimate, and some may not be.

So, if that's the case, is there a method you use to determine if it's a legit program you need ? Or if easier to explain, could you list some of the actual names of the softwares that are frequently "recommended" on the first row sports "message pop-ups", that are indeed safe and legit ? Like perhaps the most commonly recommended "safe" ones. Thanks a bunch,

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Firstrow streams sometimes try to trick you into clicking on those links, while it's "loading" and is counting down to when you can view the video. It is NOT necessary to download these programs and they may be harmful applications. All the streams are through 3rd parties which usually use standard video sharing programs, like UStream.

Usually once that "ad" comes on after clicking a link, I wait the required time or 30 seconds ish, and the video loads automatically with an X somewhere in the stream so you can exit out of that "ad" because that "ad" may be blocking the view to watching the stream.

I stick with the first few links for a stream anyways on Firstrowsports, and I would never download anything off of any streaming site because what you download could literally be anything, and most likely is not required to watch the stream.

Are you familiar with Veetle ?

That would be an example, of a time where a software was recommended to me, to view the live stream, and I chose to download it - and it worked - and it also had no ill effects that I was aware of.

So that gave me the impression there were some legit scenarios in those instances. Even so, I have never downloaded anything since that time, because I have gotten more and more cautious..

I am familiar with the whole "countdown" that you speak of - to wait til it gets to zero, for the chance to "x" out the ad. But sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. Oftentimes, after the countdown, there is still a huge pop-up in the way, and no option or "X" available to get rid of it.

Thanks for the input

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

WSOF 1 was pretty crazy tonight. Buncha violent finishes. Anthony Overeem Johnson laid out his opponent with a battering ram right hand. Arlovski finished his fight with a violent series of punches. Tyrone Spong made his MMA debut; let's just say the other guy wasn't able to get it to the ground. Punishing early TKO.

I tell ya, watching Miguel Torres is depressing. The guy is in a freefall. Lost by split decision, but a few years ago he was considered like #3 P4P, with a seriously fierce record. Padded, ya, but the lack of talent in that division was clear in his day. Now the talent level is skyrocketing, and he's taken some mighty bad losses. Wish the best for him...

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

WSOF 1 was pretty crazy tonight. Buncha violent finishes. Anthony Overeem Johnson laid out his opponent with a battering ram right hand. Arlovski finished his fight with a violent series of punches. Tyrone Spong made his MMA debut; let's just say the other guy wasn't able to get it to the ground. Punishing early TKO.

I tell ya, watching Miguel Torres is depressing. The guy is in a freefall. Lost by split decision, but a few years ago he was considered like #3 P4P, with a seriously fierce record. Padded, ya, but the lack of talent in that division was clear in his day. Now the talent level is skyrocketing, and he's taken some mighty bad losses. Wish the best for him...

Spong's opponent literally looked like they plucked him from a local bar, dude looked flabby & sick.

Torres isn't old, but he's put alot of miles on his body. His strategy was flawed, his opponent was clearly out-striking him yet Torres didn't really try to get it to the ground. I was glad the right guy got the decision, I had a feeling they may try to rob Moraes. He clearly won, not sure how the one judge gave it to Torres.

The entire show felt like a promo for the Blackzilians camp. I swear every other commercial featured one of their fighters. Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson is getting them a lot of attention considering they're still a relatively new camp.

Edited by StillUnknown

And Hendo-Machida Superbowl weekend. As a Hendo homer, I have to say that I don't love the matchup, but it should be a good fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31523/dan-henderson-im-fighting-lyoto-machida-at-ufc-156-on-super-bowl-weekend.mma

Shaping up to be a pretty good card so far:

Champ Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar - for featherweight title

Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida

Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Strikeforce is closing shop. Jan 12th card is its last. :(

Women in the UFC is official effective immediately.

I actually like it. No more missing fights that should happen because the two organizations are separated and there are a lot of women's MMA bouts that could definitely spice up otherwise mediocre UFC cards. This reminds me of the WEC merger and how it brought over the new weightclasses and strengthened up the LW division...I'm excited for this.

And Hendo-Machida Superbowl weekend. As a Hendo homer, I have to say that I don't love the matchup, but it should be a good fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31523/dan-henderson-im-fighting-lyoto-machida-at-ufc-156-on-super-bowl-weekend.mma

Shaping up to be a pretty good card so far:

Champ Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar - for featherweight title

Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida

Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

That is going to be a nice card. Also the next two UFC on FOX cards are going to be great as well (assuming everyone stays healthy).

I actually like it. No more missing fights that should happen because the two organizations are separated and there are a lot of women's MMA bouts that could definitely spice up otherwise mediocre UFC cards. This reminds me of the WEC merger and how it brought over the new weightclasses and strengthened up the LW division...I'm excited for this.

That is going to be a nice card. Also the next two UFC on FOX cards are going to be great as well (assuming everyone stays healthy).

thank god they finally stuck a fork in Strikeforce, I think they where in serious trouble of losing a few top fighters after their contracts expired, like Gilbert. I am excited to see him fight in the UFC, as well as Cromier, but beyond that I can't name many Strikeforce fighters, Showtime used to have a deal with a network in Canada to air their fights, but they stopped that sometime in 2010, so I havent seen a strikeforce card since then, only highlights of good fights people tell me I missed. Hopefully this means the 31 fight cards in 2013 won't be as watered down as some of the 31 cards they put on in 2012.

I think things are lining up to have either Rousey or Tate fight on Fox.

I always thought Cung Le was an over-rated striker but man the timing on that counter was beautiful.

KO of the year?

Wow. Rich didn't even see it coming, chin was out there on a platter for Cung Le and he nailed it. I'd say it's at least in the running for KO of the year. Thanks for the gif, missed it live this morning, but will watch the replay at 7pm here.