Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Anderson looked half asleep, bored, and ready to go out on the town.....before the fight even started. Bonnar had no business even being in there.

GSP wants no part of Silva. Either Silva vs. Jones happens soon or Silva should just retire before he hits the magic age wall and loses to an inferior opponent for that reason alone.

Here's a gif of the finish, love how Anderson pushes Bonnar into the fence and lets him rebound before landing the knee.

ihs60Nk0UYsAR.gif

I don't think we know Silva's next opponent until February, hopefully he fights sometime in the spring. I don't see the Jones fight happening at all, but if it does, I bet it won't happen before Jones breaks the record for LHW title defenses, which I think is 2 wins away. I really only want to see Anderson destroy Weidman, and maybe fight one more contender before riding off into the sunset, it's been a great run and I have enjoyed watching it.

You kind of got the feeling Anderson could have literally done whatever the hell he wanted in that fight.

I think they give Bisping the next shot, show somewhere in England for a huge card. Weidman probably deserves it more, but he's only going to get better with more seasoning. Weidman still hasn't fought a decent striker, so maybe put him with someone like Belcher and it will give him one more fight to grow before he fights Anderson.

Big Nog, you have nothing left to prove sir, please retire. Even beyond the fact that he looked the worst I've seen him physically (I know it was short notice), he looks painfully slow on the feet. I just can't see Nog beating any credible HW's at this point.

Fitch is right up there with Benson Henderson for being un-submittable. I thought Silva had that choke locked in the 2nd. Fitch vs. Maia makes a lot of sense moving forward.

Erick Silva got schooled, but he had some moments in the fight. Hopefully he works on some of his weaknesses because he's a dynamic fighter, still one to watch for moving forward. Fitch was just too much too soon.

Rick Story, things have been downhill for him since he loss that fight to Brenneman on 1 days notice.

Big Nog, you have nothing left to prove sir, please retire. Even beyond the fact that he looked the worst I've seen him physically (I know it was short notice), he looks painfully slow on the feet. I just can't see Nog beating any credible HW's at this point.

I think Big Nog has looked worlds better than he did when he first came in to the UFC. He was more out of shape back then as well. His hand speed has improved a lot, he was popping Herman with the hands last night. Remember when Tim Sylvia was boxing him up something fierce? But I agree with your first point, it's time Big Nog. You won in Rio with Anderson, subbing a guy that entirely dismissed BJJ.

Watching Herman defending the subs last night was funny, he obviously knows a little bit of submission defense. But not enough.

285095_10151858040214057_1197076004_n.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think Big Nog has looked worlds better than he did when he first came in to the UFC. He was more out of shape back then as well. His hand speed has improved a lot, he was popping Herman with the hands last night. Remember when Tim Sylvia was boxing him up something fierce? But I agree with your first point, it's time Big Nog. You won in Rio with Anderson, subbing a guy that entirely dismissed BJJ.

Watching Herman defending the subs last night was funny, he obviously knows a little bit of submission defense. But not enough.

Nog was fighting a world's difference in competition when he got first got the UFC, so its more understandable he got busted up then. He should be able to tee-off on Herman, Herman has 21 wins, not a single one coming against a good fighter.

Nog was fighting a world's difference in competition when he got first got the UFC, so its more understandable he got busted up then. He should be able to tee-off on Herman, Herman has 21 wins, not a single one coming against a good fighter.

What I'm saying is that in his last three fights, his boxing is world's better than his boxing from when he fought Sylvia and Mir. Hence his dominance on the feet in the second Mir fight. His hands are faster, he's a lot more active in his stance, his output is higher, Nog right now would whoop his 2008 version's ass. Still think he should consider retirement. Like you said, it's only a matter of time before he's put through the meat grinder.

Anderson looked half asleep, bored, and ready to go out on the town.....before the fight even started. Bonnar had no business even being in there.

GSP wants no part of Silva. Either Silva vs. Jones happens soon or Silva should just retire before he hits the magic age wall and loses to an inferior opponent for that reason alone.

Not true, if GSP gets past Condit, they already have a 180lb catchweight bout set up between him and Anderson.

Not true, if GSP gets past Condit, they already have a 180lb catchweight bout set up between him and Anderson.

Heard that song before. I think what he means is that GSP knows there is too great a chance he gets posterized. He pretty much HAS to pull off Chael I. I predict he'll say something like he needs a year to gain muscle, and there are enough guys at welterweight and middleweight that both him and Silva should focus on that. Would be incredibly awesome if it actually happens though.

The way Anderson has been performing, I'd pick him by vicious TKO early in the fight.

Everyone here was talking about that after the fight. I'd love nothing more than for Nog to retire on this win and just coach guys and focus on teaching jiu jitsu.

Heard that song before. I think what he means is that GSP knows there is too great a chance he gets posterized. He pretty much HAS to pull off Chael I. I predict he'll say something like he needs a year to gain muscle, and there are enough guys at welterweight and middleweight that both him and Silva should focus on that. Would be incredibly awesome if it actually happens though.

The way Anderson has been performing, I'd pick him by vicious TKO early in the fight.

After the Chael fight GSP would have to like his chances. Unlike Chael, GSP is great fighter that's skilled in all facets of the game. More importantly, he has excellent wrestling. I'd still take Silva to win, but if GSP took down Silva he'd have a much better chance of putting him a way. Chael laid on Anderson for nearly the whole fight in their first match and he did no damage. At the end of the fight Chael's looked like hamburger and Silva's looked he just stepped into the Octagon. Chael is an overrated one dimensional fighter that's famous for his mouth. GSP is better than Chael in everything but cutting WWE style promos. Although he doesn't deserve it, I hope Chael does get to fight Jones. After he gets smashed, hopefully he'll go away for good.

After the Chael fight GSP would have to like his chances. Unlike Chael, GSP is great fighter that's skilled in all facets of the game. More importantly, he has excellent wrestling. I'd still take Silva to win, but if GSP took down Silva he'd have a much better chance of putting him a way. Chael laid on Anderson for nearly the whole fight in their first match and he did no damage. At the end of the fight Chael's looked like hamburger and Silva's looked he just stepped into the Octagon. Chael is an overrated one dimensional fighter that's famous for his mouth. GSP is better than Chael in everything but cutting WWE style promos. Although he doesn't deserve it, I hope Chael does get to fight Jones. After he gets smashed, hopefully he'll go away for good.

GSP's top game hasn't been devastating per say. It's more fluid than Sonnen's, but he still doesn't go Donkey Kong on guys. GSP sets up and times takedowns better than anyone, so sure, he can possibly ride out a decision with top control. Doubt it though.

It's just a painfully obvious gameplan that Silva has experienced twice as of late. Against one of the very best wrestlers in the game, Sonnen, who is definitely stronger than GSP is. GSP is better than Sonnen in most facets, but that means close to nothing against Silva. He misses a takedown, if there are any scrambles...every second he stands with Anderson is a second he's at a major disadvantage.

Question for you MMA fans. Is Silva/Jones turning into MMA's version of Pac/May? That's the MMA fight that I want to see.

No. Jones and Silva are in separate weight classes. The desire to see them fight is less about the fight itself and more about how they've dominated their own divisions.

I think GSP has had too long a layoff and will get dropped by Condit. Carlos hits real hard.

No chance, he is going to his back faster then Tito's wife.

I'm also down to sig bet the Anderson vs GSP fight if it happens if GSP is 100%. I think GSP wins easily a 5 round decision with top control much like Sonnen/Silva 1. GSP's wrestling is about the best you will find in MMA. He has outwrestled the wrestlers with the pedigrees. Rashad Evans said nobody in Jackson gym could handle him he is ridiculously strong. Chael might outweigh him by a few pounds but Chael is'nt a better wrestler and he's damn sure not stronger. Gsp has about the most powerful shot in MMA just nasty power and explosion. I hate the way he fights because he does'nt take chances to finish fights but this is the perfect style fight for him.

I like Andersons chances againest Bones alot more then GSP. Bones is stupid and confident enough to bang with him. GSP won't mess around on the feet at all. Bones if he fought to win could top control Anderson for 5 rounds easily as well.