Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The fight night was very good. All my picks won. Johnson will start moving up the WW ladder now, and I think he will start getting higher profile fights. He should be 8-1 if it weren't for the eye gouging controversy. Cain V. is a beast, but he still needs a few lower tiered fights under his belt.

UFC has to workout something with AKA, they have Kos, Fitch, Swick & Rumble (who trains with Cung who works with AKA). can't have that many top WW in one camp in the same org.

Rumble vs. Swick would be a logical next fight, and would be a damn good fight at that. Outside of Swick, i wouldn't mind seeing Rumble fight Marcus Davis or Dustin Hazelett (to test Rumbles ground game, if it got to the ground)

Frank Shamrock vs. Nick Diaz set for April 11th

Frank Shamrock will fight Nick Diaz at Strikeforce’s April 11 event on Showtime.

The bout, which Strikeforce and Showtime announced Tuesday, will be contested at a catch-weight of 179 pounds.

The outspoken Shamrock is coming off a loss to Cung Le in a March 2008 Strikeforce event. His arm was broken by Le’s kicks in the entertaining 15-minute match. Before that defeat, Shamrock choked out Phil Baroni in a June 2007 Strikeforce main event.

Diaz, who is perhaps even more outspoken than Shamrock, has won three straight. Most recently he stopped Thomas Denny in a July 2008 EliteXC bout.

Check back shortly for more news on Strikeforce’s April 11 show.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/shamrock-diaz-set-for-strikeforce-16152

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-josh-koscheck-talks-ufc-95-weighs-gsp-greasing-allegations

A lot of former opponents of his, like Matt Hughes, have said he felt especially slippery to them. Did you feel any grease on him when you fought him?

Oh, no. I didn’t feel anything when I fought him. That isn’t the reason I lost that fight. The reason I lost the fight is because he was better than me that night.

with damn near all of GSP's past opponents accusing him of "greasing" during their matches, its surprising to see Koscheck stick up for him a bit.

meh, it he is greasing himself up it is clearly a violation.

he didnt beat BJ on his feet because his back was greased but it could have stopped BJ from being able to use his legs from the bottom like he loves to do.

he didnt beat Matt hughes on his feet because he was greased up but it could have stopped Matt from being able to pick him up and slam him..

meh, it he is greasing himself up it is clearly a violation.

he didnt beat BJ on his feet because his back was greased but it could have stopped BJ from being able to use his legs from the bottom like he loves to do.

he didnt beat Matt hughes on his feet because he was greased up but it could have stopped Matt from being able to pick him up and slam him..

I'd like to see a video of all his UFC fights, just focused on him in between rounds. I'm sure someone could do that, and it would clear the whole thing up pretty quick.

I just find it interesting that people that GSP has dominated are now coming out and saying he was suspiciously greased up in their fights. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

lol... at least there's one UFC WW who doesn't whine.
That's a good wrestler for ya, they don't make excuses for getting beat (haha, I'm so biased)...unless they're named Matt Hughes, lol.

I just find it interesting that people that GSP has dominated are now coming out and saying he was suspiciously greased up in their fights. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

That's a good wrestler for ya, they don't make excuses for getting beat (haha, I'm so biased)...unless they're named Matt Hughes, lol.

i say sour grapes too. but i still think he needs to be checked out.

Yeah for the recent Penn fight. Looked pretty innocent imo, but maybe that's just me. I kinda want to see one from ALL the fights that his defeated opponents are whining about.

agreed that I would too.

but even a little grease mixed with sweat are going to make it damn near impossible to grab and hold on.

i am NOT saying that is why he won though..he beat them all with his hands as well..

i say sour grapes too. but i still think he needs to be checked out.

Sure, I think they can recheck the videos, I don't have a problem with that.

I just think it's a little unrealistic that GSP was able to be illegally greased up before fights (when the ref actually does a thorough check) and/or between rounds under the scrutiny of refs, judges, and cameras. They can check out the videos, but I can tell you what they'll find...he's a French Canadian, and everyone knows they gots nasty, slimy sweat! haha!

Sure, I think they can recheck the videos, I don't have a problem with that.

I just think it's a little unrealistic that GSP was able to be illegally greased up before fights (when the ref actually does a thorough check) and/or between rounds under the scrutiny of refs, judges, and cameras. They can check out the videos, but I can tell you what they'll find...he's a French Canadian, and everyone knows they gots nasty, slimy sweat! haha!

thats the grossest thing ive heard today. you win!! :silly:

i don tthink before the fight he was but you could see his trainer between rounds hookin him up.

You know, you hear all of Penn's people questioning the outcome of the fight because supposedly GSP was all greased up and everything. But you don't hear anything from Penn that would suggest he thinks the fight might have had a different outcome otherwise.

If Penn REALLY thought that he had a chance to win had GSP not been so slippery, wouldn't he have come out saying that he was looking forward to fighting him again? Nope, he quietly got on his plane back to Hawaii to nurse his wounds, without so much of a peep about him fighting GSP again.

Ya know why? Because he got his ass kicked, and he knows that the allegation that GSP was greased up had NOTHING to do with him losing. You know damn well right now another fight with GSP is the LAST thing he wants to do. So I call BS on all these "cheating" calls.

Frank Shamrock will fight Nick Diaz at Strikeforce’s April 11 event on Showtime.

The bout, which Strikeforce and Showtime announced Tuesday, will be contested at a catch-weight of 179 pounds.

The outspoken Shamrock is coming off a loss to Cung Le in a March 2008 Strikeforce event. His arm was broken by Le’s kicks in the entertaining 15-minute match. Before that defeat, Shamrock choked out Phil Baroni in a June 2007 Strikeforce main event.

Diaz, who is perhaps even more outspoken than Shamrock, has won three straight. Most recently he stopped Thomas Denny in a July 2008 EliteXC bout.

Check back shortly for more news on Strikeforce’s April 11 show.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/shamrock-diaz-set-for-strikeforce-16152

C'mon Nick!!!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

My man Nick is going to face easily the toughest fight of his career. Shamrock may not be what he used to but I see him as being too big and too strong for Diaz.

Go Nicky go!!

You know, you hear all of Penn's people questioning the outcome of the fight because supposedly GSP was all greased up and everything. But you don't hear anything from Penn that would suggest he thinks the fight might have had a different outcome otherwise.

If Penn REALLY thought that he had a chance to win had GSP not been so slippery, wouldn't he have come out saying that he was looking forward to fighting him again? Nope, he quietly got on his plane back to Hawaii to nurse his wounds, without so much of a peep about him fighting GSP again.

Ya know why? Because he got his ass kicked, and he knows that the allegation that GSP was greased up had NOTHING to do with him losing. You know damn well right now another fight with GSP is the LAST thing he wants to do. So I call BS on all these "cheating" calls.

thats not quite accurate, GSP got fed up with all the talk of him greasing and offered to fight Penn again, which Penn quickly accepted on his website. not much has been said by either side recently though

thats not quite accurate, GSP got fed up with all the talk of him greasing and offered to fight Penn again, which Penn quickly accepted on his website. not much has been said by either side recently though

Ah, see what happens when I don't pay close enough attention. Oh well... It was still GSP that offered to fight again though.;)

I'm a BJ Penn fan and I watched him get a beat-DOWN even before he ever landed on his back. GSP was faster, stronger, and sharper from the opening bell and his motor could have run for another 5 rounds. Penn didn't have it that night the same way Minotauro just didn't have it when he fought Mir. When jabs and uppers fly right through your defense from 3 steps away, you shouldn't look for other reasons that you lost.

I'm a BJ Penn fan and I watched him get a beat-DOWN even before he ever landed on his back. GSP was faster, stronger, and sharper from the opening bell and his motor could have run for another 5 rounds. Penn didn't have it that night the same way Minotauro just didn't have it when he fought Mir. When jabs and uppers fly right through your defense from 3 steps away, you shouldn't look for other reasons that you lost.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about that fight. If GSP did grease, it's something that needs to be dealt with. However, I don't believe it would have made any difference in this fight. I hope BJ just stays at LW from now on. I think he really can own that division for a while and I want to keep watching him fight.

What's up fellas (and Keastman). Been in Puerto Rico for a week.

Just caught Fight Night. Good card.

Anthony Johnson and Cain both need bigger names to fight from now on. If I'm Joe Silva I give Johnson Lytle or Davis. Ben Saunders vs. Johnson could be a hell of a fight too though.

I'd give Cain the loser of Kongo-Hardonk (looking forward to that one) or Herring.

How crazy is Diaz-Shamrock? I don't think anyone saw that coming. I'll be pulling for Nick, but I agree that Frank will probably be too much for him. I'll go ahead and pick Cheech by Gogoplata.

I think too much is being made of "Greasegate". GSP-Alves can't happen soon enough for me.

BJ may have accepted that challenge from GSP, but I'm sure Dana talked to him real quick because he is already talking about the Florian fight.

Penn.com

Florian] is very good. He’s very well rounded. He’s a black belt in jiu-jitsu. He’s obviously improved his wrestling and he’s a southpaw Muay Thai fighter with great kicks. He can box, he can elbow, he can knee. He’s a mixed martial artist. He is. I give Kenny that: He’s a mixed martial artist, and I’ve got my work cut out for me.”

I've never heard BJ so humble. Maybe that beating did him some good.

Love the sig OZ

WAR Machida!

speaking of the "Rainbowed One", he and Mach Sakurai have been named as competitors in DREAM's upcoming WW tournament.

i hope they get to fight each other again, it was a close fight that the judges gave to Sakurai, but alot of people (myself included) think Aoki should've got the decision.

Edited by StillUnknown