Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Sounds like a boring fight...

I slipped in to watch the end of one of the UWC fights at the Patriot Center (where I was working), and watched one guy knock his opponent out with about 6 elbows to the back of the head in rapid succession, only to have the fight ruled "no contest" because of illegal blows. It was pretty crazy.

stevenson looked to me to be perfectly content with not being finished. i don't think he threw a single kick all fight. his punches were predictable as hell. diego was more aggressive in his striking.

i was kinda of disappointed in Joe, he seemed more concerned with getting the crowd into the match than actually trying to win the fight

I think Joe was frustrated that Diego was backing up the whole time and throwing counter combos. Joe was trying to get in on Diego and Diego was too quick moving back. Let me know if you watch the fight a second time. If I am bored later I may try to count who landed more shots in the 1st and 3rd round.

Marquardt was great in that fight. He controlled it from the outset and did not have to finish it, but he had an opening and went for it. He has been a much more focused fighter since his loss to Silva, and that is a fight I would really like to see again.

This was my favorite fight of the night. Greg Jackson's guys are just completely tearing it up in MMA right now.

I want to see him and Anderson go at it again too.

Per yahoo sports:

The full UFC 97 card includes:

MAIN CARD

* Middleweight champ Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites

* Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

* Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brian Stann

* Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk

* Luis Cane vs. Steve Cantwell

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Xavier Foupa-Pokam vs. Denis Kang

* Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry

* Ed Herman vs. David Loiseau

* David Bielkheden vs. Mark Bocek

* Ryo Chonan vs. T.J. Grant

* Sam Stout vs. Matt Wiman

Indeed. I hope we get to see a few fights from the undercard again, because there are a few there that interest me.

Same here, I'd like to see the Dennis Kang fight and the Jason MacDonald/Nate Quarry fight.

Imagine if they saved the Rampage/Jardine fight for that card...it would be another super fight card.

Rampage KO's glassjaw Jardine in the first. Bank on it.

Kicks...the only way I see Jardine having a chance. Leg kicks early and often. Griffin did a great job of that against Rampage, and Jardine is very effective with his kicks. If he has not improved his defense, it could be an issue for Rampage, but I do not think that is enough.

Cool. I got the underdog Jardin in that one.
Rampage KO's glassjaw Jardine in the first. Bank on it.
Kicks...the only way I see Jardine having a chance. Leg kicks early and often. Griffin did a great job of that against Rampage, and Jardine is very effective with his kicks. If he has not improved his defense, it could be an issue for Rampage, but I do not think that is enough.

For some reason I hate Keith Jardine. I'm really hoping Rampage knocks his head off into the crowd with a nasty hook....but everytime I feel really sure about a fight the complete opposite happens. :(