Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I look like that when I'm thirsty....

There's something wrong with me, I know.

Keeping with that theme, hey QBK, let's do a sig bet for how long Jardine lasts against Rampage.

How's about I'll take the over on 4 minutes for this fight? That is seriously a longshot. And if Jardine wins within 4 minutes, I win also. And pigs will fly out of my ass, and I'll stop drinking toilet water. Serious circumstances.

Sig bet lasts until next PPV. Deal is no anti-Redskins stuff; a sig that deals with MMA

Let me mull this one over d0ubles...the only thing is, I only see this fight going two ways, Rampage either wins in the first round by KO, excuse me...KTFO, or Jardine will drag this out to a decision, which Rampage should win as well.

****, I was actually looking forward to part II.

Might still happen

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AuArZnF6.nFYFl_C929Pj9w9Eo14?slug=ki-mirhurt030609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Mir injured, but Lesnar rematch still on

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 17 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The heavyweight title unification bout between champion Brock Lesnar and interim champ Frank Mir at UFC 98 on May 23 remains on despite arthroscopic surgery performed on Mir’s right knee earlier this week.

Fiveouncesofpain.com initially reported Friday that the bout was off because of a back injury sustained by Mir. It later corrected that to say it was a knee injury. And then MMAWeekly.com reported Mir had knee surgery.

UFC president Dana White said after the weigh-in for UFC 96 at the Nationwide Arena that he knew nothing of an injury by Mir. Mir and manager Dean Albrecht did not return messages.

“I don’t know anything about it, so I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about it,” White said of Mir’s injury and the report that the fight was off. “I’m not too worried about it now. If that were the situation, I’d know about it. I honestly don’t know right now. I haven’t talked to Frank and I haven’t talked to Lesnar and if that’s the situation, I’m not going to make any statements until I talk to everybody.”

But a source in Las Vegas close to Mir said his knee began swelling excessively last week after a workout. After an examination, Mir had arthroscopic surgery to “clean up” the knee.

Mir won the interim title from Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 92 in December despite a training camp that was filled with injuries. Mir’s back was bothering him and he received frequent treatment on it in an attempt to enable him to compete.

An alternative would be to push the title bout back to UFC 100 on July 11 in Las Vegas, but White said because he had no information, he couldn’t comment.

if Mir can't go, let Kongo fight Lesnar. he's as credible as anyone else left in the UFC HW division. or if the Carwin/Gonzaga fight ends early, let the winner fight Lesnar.

and just for ****s and giggles, i'll place my sig on Keith Jardine tomorrow. Any takers???? (2 week bet as normal)

i see Machida using his ninja like elusiveness to hit rampage in the head with brass knuckles to guarantee a Jardine. this way The Dragon receives the next title shot

Edited by StillUnknown

some ridiculously ghey pics of Imanari & Aoki :wtf: :wtf:

http://sherdog.com/pictures/event/pictures-aoki-and-imanari-the-odd-couple-16454

Dream 7 Fightcard (3am est Sunday, just a couple hours after UFC 96)

DREAM 7

venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

First Round of Dream Featherweight Tournament:

-Chase Beebe (#8 Bantamweight in the World)* vs. Joe Warren

-Atsushi Yamamoto (#10 Bantamweight in the World)* vs. Masakazu Imanari

-Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura vs. Abel Cullum

-Yoshiro Maeda vs. Micah Miller

-Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kim Jong Won

-Takafumi Otsuka vs. Bibiano Fernandes

Non-Tournament Bouts:

-Shinya Aoki (#1 Lightweight in the World)* vs. David Gardner

-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#5 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Ross Ebanez

-Mitsuhiro Ishida (#8 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Edited by StillUnknown

if Mir can't go, let Kongo fight Lesnar. he's as credible as anyone else left in the UFC HW division. or if the Carwin/Gonzaga fight ends early, let the winner fight Lesnar.

and just for ****s and giggles, i'll place my sig on Keith Jardine tomorrow. Any takers???? (2 week bet as normal)

i see Machida using his ninja like elusiveness to hit rampage in the head with brass knuckles to guarantee a Jardine. this way The Dragon receives the next title shot

UFC 96: SU Has a Gambling Problem

Why not. I will bet. I am slightly pulling for Jardine, but I do not see him winning this fight.

cool, its official. i'm still willing to bet others if they are interested

UFC 96: Who's Koscheck fighting?

:rotflmao:

UFC 96: SU Has a Gambling Problem

its only a problem if you lose :cool2: (that smiley has stalker/perv kinda look to it)

on another note, Mir confirms the fight with Lesnar is off :mad:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8331&zoneid=2

After a day of conflicting reports, it appears that the May 23 date for Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar to unify the UFC heavyweight championship will indeed be postponed. The latest confirmation comes from Mir himself at the Arnold Fitness Expo in Columbus, Ohio, on the eve of UFC 96.

The two were scheduled to collide at UFC 98 in Las Vegas. Friday afternoon, however, FiveOuncesOfPain.com reported that Mir was forced to withdraw from the bout due to a back injury.

MMAWeekly.com sources later indicated that it was in fact a knee injury that forced Mir to withdraw. He had surgery a week ago to repair damage to his meniscus in the same leg that was injured in a prior motorcycle accident that kept him out of action for more than a year.

Following the UFC 96 weigh-ins at Nationwide Arena, UFC president Dana White told Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole, " If that were the situation, I’d know about it. I honestly don’t know right now. I haven’t talked to Frank and I haven’t talked to Lesnar and if that’s the situation, I’m not going to make any statements until I talk to everybody."

Later on Friday, however, Mir himself confirmed the knee injury and that he is not planning on facing Lesnar on May 23. Speaking with The Fit Show on Bodybuilding.com, Mir proposed a new possibility for the fight. "Hopefully (we can fight in) the summertime. It was May 23, but I needed to get a scope done to my knee, so I got it done immediately last week. It would be rushing it to try and fight that soon because I can’t really train for four to six weeks as far as sparring and wrestling and the real forms of training. Obviously I can hit the treadmill, but that’s usually not a good idea to be getting in shape for a fight on a treadmill.”

Sources told MMAWeekly.com late in the day on Friday that Mir had been debating whether or not to try and push through the fight with a drastically reduced amount of time for training, but it appears that he has opted out.

The UFC has not had any official comment as of the time of publication. It is unknown what the plans are for the UFC 98 main event at this time.

Edited by StillUnknown

UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jackson, picks:

Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller: Potential Fight of the Night, however, Maynard is a rhinoceros with his striking and wrestling. I'll be surprised if Miller can gain control of this fight on the ground. On paper this is a bad matchup for Miller. Maynard is also entering UFC veteren status and as beaten some good fighters. I think he ends his 3 fight decision-streak and pounds out Miller. TKO G&P, round 3.

Matt Hamill vs. Mark Munoz: Hard to tell what is going to happen here. These guys are pretty evenly matched. Munoz has the heavier strikes, but Hamill is quite savvy with his standup, as well. Both are good wrestlers, and we know Hamill has good G&P. Somewhat tempting to take the upset here, but I think the edge in experience will enable Hamill to outwit Munoz. Hamill, G&P TKO, round 2.

Pete Sell vs. Matt Brown: Sell does everything Brown does well with a little more umph to boot. Matt Serra will have Sell throwing haymakers and his jiu jitsu should be good enough to fend off submissions. I think Brown will have to really fight his best fight to get a win here. UD, Sell

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane Carwin: I've got to believe Carwin hasn't seen many leg kicks up until now in his career. He's a pretty accomplished Division II wrestler and has very heavy hands. Dude has been past 2:00 of the first round one time in his career. If Gonzaga can survive the initial barrage, it might get in to Carwin's head and give Gabe a boost in confidence. Carwin is a very popular underdog in Vegas right now. I've been wanting to pick him up until this point. Gonzaga has the experience, and his RLK is getting more and more dangerous. I think he plays it smart and drags Carwin in to water he's never been in. Gonzaga, armbar, round 2.

Quinton Jackson vs. Keith Jardine: One reason I love this sport is because when seemingly lopsided matchups such as this one are announced, people start making guesses as to how quickly Jardine will make his second visit to outer space via uppercut. The closer we get to the fight, the more people we see coming out of the woodwork to pick Jardine. These fighters are all the cream of the crop, and a flash KO can easily happen in this sport. Rampage's conditioning has gotten better, but dragging him deep in to fights and chopping him down has always been his downfall. If he can't connect with your chin, you've got a good chance at winning. Greg Jackson will have a good gameplan, and you know Jardine has been sparring with Rashad this whole camp. If he carries out the plan, watch out for a surprise. But I think Rampage gets ahold of him tonight and reminds everyone that he used to be known more for his slams than his hands. Rampage, KO (Slam), round 1.

Wow, a great card so far. That Hamill knockout was wicked. Lavigne effed up big time. When he pushed Brown away the first time, the fight should've been over. Sell was standing up, but he wasn't really there. Impressive knockout by Grove!