Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

not much of a joke actually, 2 of the judges from that said they had Jardine winning that 3rd round which would have gave him the fight until Rampage knocked him down in the last 10 secs

judges are fickle

I don't see why, Rampage controlled the entire fight including the 3rd. The funny thing is, the most controversial judge of the group (Cecil Peeps) scored the fight 30-27 for Rampage, so that gives me an idea of how unorganized they are.

I don't see why, Rampage controlled the entire fight including the 3rd. The funny thing is, the most controversial judge of the group (Cecil Peeps) scored the fight 30-27 for Rampage, so that gives me an idea of how unorganized they are.

judging definitely needs to be more consistent. thats my biggest issue, the sport is still relatively new so there really is no unified standard to judge a fight

when in doubt i always ask "who would i have rather been that round" if its not clear cut.

i still think it would be a great idea for ex-fighters to judge, but then you have to deal with potential bias

i gave Jardine the 2nd round, the first was kinda close but i gave it rampage. i thought Rampage won 3rd before the knockdown, but i can see an argument for giving Jardine the round before the knockdown

Edited by StillUnknown

judging definitely needs to be more consistent. thats my biggest issue, the sport is still relatively new so there really is no unified standard to judge a fight

when in doubt i always ask "who would i have rather been that round" if its not clear cut.

i still think it would be a great idea for ex-fighters to judge, but then you have to deal with potential bias

i gave Jardine the 2nd round, the first was kinda close but i gave it rampage. i thought Rampage won 3rd before the knockdown, but i can see an argument for giving Jardine the round before the knockdown

They definitely have to clean up judging. Like I said, I felt like Rampage won all 3 rounds, but the fight was still too close to warrant a 30-27 score.

I actually thought the 1st was closer than the 2nd because Rampage knocked Jardine down with a hook I believe it was and jumped on him swinging, then scored a takedown right after. Jardine got that flurry towards the end but Rampage covered and was controlling Jardine at the bell.

In the first Jardine started out winning the round but I thought that Rampage finished strong enough to take it.

good god it looks like someone cut the car in half

damn shame its looking like it could've been avoided, its one thing to be reckless with your own life, but putting everybody else on the road with you in danger is crossing the line. sad to hear his passenger is in critical condition. luckily nobody else was hurt

Good to see Machida finally get his shot, but man I was looking forward to Rampage vs. Rashad.

I like this matchup better, 99. Two undefeated guys for the title. Wow. :)

I don't know if Jackson matches up well with Rashad. Evans' speed and athleticism are through the roof right now and I think having a guy like Machida who finally showed some ruthlessness and brutality to go along with his superb conditioning will make for a great pivotal moment in the UFC as the LH division moves forward. Lyoto has a mysterious aura to him and this presents more of a challenge for Rashad, who has simply proven the critics (myself included) wrong every time he's climbed in the octagon. The log jam for the title has finally been busted by two up-and-comers who've earned it. I'm not saying Forrest didn't earn it but he beat a broken Shogun and lost to a gatekeeper on his way. Evans and Machida deserve it unarguably.

Man, this is an interesting fight. :saber:

I got Machidi winning this fight rather easily he is to technically sound and elusive to be hit by any big bombs. And he has showed he is strong enough to stop take down attemps.

They are both too cautious. That's the potential downside. This is why I'm so glad they are meeting in a 5-rounder. At some point they will be forced to mix it up.

I got Machidi winning this fight rather easily he is to technically sound and elusive to be hit by any big bombs. And he has showed he is strong enough to stop take down attemps.

i don't think anyone will ever have an "easy" fight against Rashad. think about it, Rashad is obviously a flawed fighter. he has holes in his game, yet nobody has been able to exploit well enough to beat him. to me that says alot about Rashad's work ethic.

oddly enough i'm greatly anticipating this fight despite the fact it could easily turn out to be a snooze fest.

both are counterstrikers by nature. we know that both come from tremendous camps who will work on great gameplans for the other.

nobody seems to be able to land a clean shot on machida, let alone a sustained offensive effort, yet every time i've doubted Rashad, he's come up big.

right now, i'd lean towards a Machida victory by decision, but i won't be surprised if Rashad became the first to figure out Machida. regardless of who wins, i don't expect it to be an easy fight

This fight is either gonna be a total bore fest or one of the best fights weve ever seen. Saying that, give me Machia by decapitation. Then Rampage will handle Machida when he returns from injury.

i don't give Rampage much of a shot against Machida. his lack of leg kick defense will make him a sitting duck for machida.

i don't give Rampage much of a shot against Machida. his lack of leg kick defense will make him a sitting duck for machida.

With Rampage being one of my favorite fighters, the homer in my says that Rampage will be ready. But the realist MMA fan in me says Rampage is screwed against Machida. Therefore I wont be surprised when Machida stands there firing leg kicks one after another.

I like this matchup better, 99. Two undefeated guys for the title. Wow. :)

I don't know if Jackson matches up well with Rashad. Evans' speed and athleticism are through the roof right now and I think having a guy like Machida who finally showed some ruthlessness and brutality to go along with his superb conditioning will make for a great pivotal moment in the UFC as the LH division moves forward. Lyoto has a mysterious aura to him and this presents more of a challenge for Rashad, who has simply proven the critics (myself included) wrong every time he's climbed in the octagon. The log jam for the title has finally been busted by two up-and-comers who've earned it. I'm not saying Forrest didn't earn it but he beat a broken Shogun and lost to a gatekeeper on his way. Evans and Machida deserve it unarguably.

Man, this is an interesting fight. :saber:

Maybe it was the trash talk after the Jardine defeat but Rampage vs. Rashad is intriguing to me. Maybe because their boxing matches up well and they both can wrestle with Rashad being the better of the two on that front. I think a fully rested Rampage wins that fight. Let him get healthy again and if Rashad can make it through Machida (which I agree is an interesting fight BTW) then he can fight a fresh Rampage which is still a scary thing to get in the ring with.

Machida/Rashad is a tough fight to call though. Both are at the crossroads of their careers in this fight. Someone walks away with a blemish on their record and the other walks away with the title. They're both elusive and have nice power and speed on the feet. Rashad is a better technical wrestler but Machida is very good at the trips and sweeps that we see him use so often and he has better jiu-jitsu. Should be exciting but I'm still bummed that we're not seeing Rampage/Rashad. I still want to see Rampage/Forrest II at some point as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AlQ_EHTEDMnzsWywlKO011FXEo14?slug=ki-shammy031109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Shamrock suspended for steroids

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports

1 hour, 9 minutes ago

Ken Shamrock, one of the icons of mixed martial arts, may have seen his fighting career end on Wednesday when he was suspended for a year by the California State Athletic Commission after testing positive for three different anabolic steroids following a Feb. 13 bout in Fresno.

The commission announced Shamrock’s suspension and $2,500 fine on Wednesday for testing positive for 19-Norandrosterone, 19- Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol following his first-round victory over Ross Clifton.

Shamrock is slated to fight ex-World Wrestling Entertainment star Bobby Lashley in the co-main event of a March 21 MMA/boxing card in Pensacola, Fla. That fight is almost certainly now not going to happen as a result of Shamrock’s suspension. States are required to honor each other’s suspensions, which means that Florida would not allow Shamrock to fight while under suspension in Calfornia.

Shamrock, 45, is one of the greats of the game and is a member of the UFC’s Hall of Fame. But Shamrock has fallen on hard times recently and the win over Clifton had snapped a five-fight losing streak. Even with the Clifton victory, Shamrock has lost eight of his last 11 fights and is no longer remotely competitive with high-level fighters.

Shamrock’s suspension runs through Feb. 1, 2010, at which point he would be 10 days shy of his 46th birthday and would not have fought in almost a year.

Shamrock does have the right to appeal, but that in and of itself will be a lengthy process.

Also, Ken Shamrock was suspended for juicing:

http://sherdog.com/news/news/shamrock-suspended-for-steroids-16535

UFC legend Ken Shamrock has been suspended for one year for testing positive for the steroid Stanozolol, as well as two Nandrolone-based substances, 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone, according to a statement issued by the California State Athletic Commission on Wednesday.

Shamrock, who turned 45 on Feb. 13, picked up a one-minute victory over super heavyweight Ross Clifton at Wargods “Valentine’s Eve Massacre” on Feb. 14 in Fresno, Calif. Shamrock’s production company also co-promoted the event.

Shamrock‘s manager and attorney Rod Donohoo said the fighter has adamantly denied the allegations and will appeal the suspension.

“Ken was taking legal over-the-counter products, and based upon our preliminary research, I’m investigating if those products were the result of these findings,” Donohoo told Sherdog.com on Wednesday.

Ken Shamrock vs. Ross Clifton.

Shamrock was scheduled to face fellow WWE pro wrestler Bobby Lashley in a headlining heavyweight bout for the Roy Jones Jr.-helmed Squared Ring Promotion’s “March Badness” on March 21 at the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Fla. However, the Florida State Boxing Commission will likely uphold the CSAC’s suspension and an appeals process will not be completed before March 21.

Donohoo told Sherdog.com that he will request an expedited appeal.

“Ken is willing to submit to immediate testing in Sacramento to prove his innocence,” said Donohoo.

If the suspension is not overturned, Shamrock will be eligible to re-apply for licensure in California after Feb. 1, 2010 and will pay a $2,500 fine.