Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

nobody's denying the story, and the fact the commission made his corner rub him down with towels after rounds 2 & 3 make me think it was true.

It's not uncommon to have fighters wiped down in between rounds. In fact it happens all the time.

I'm gonna wait for more information to surface about this before I get all worked up.

As for now I really hope it's not true.

If GSP fought Anderson, his strategy would be exactly like the one against Penn. If GSP gets him down, he wins the fight.

With due respect to you, Dance- I don't even know where you're getting this. Silva finished Nate Marquardt from his back with elbows. Anderson is so ungodly dangerous from any position. I'm a little blown away by how many people are letting last night blind them to what Anderson Silva does in the cage. Today is GSP's day. He was amazing last night against one of the greatest but keep images in mind like what Silva did to 2 legends like Franklin and Henderson.

Edited by Chachie

Anderson did a pretty good job defending Hendo's take down in round 2 of their fight. he would have size advantage on gsp as well. that fight boils down to if GSP can get him and keep him down.

GSP's best strategy for the takedown would be to shoot in fast and furious, and even that comes with risks as he could eat a kick or knee. there's always the clinch takedown but as Dance stated, clinching with Anderson for any amount of time isn't the smartest thing in the world to do

i would expect Anderson to religiously train his takedown defense as that would be his primary concern against GSP.

i think right now i would favor Anderson to win, but wouldn't be completely shocked if GSP pulled it out

With due respect to you, Dance- I don't even know where you're getting this. Silva finished Nate Marquart from his back with elbows. Anderson is so ungodly dangerous from any position. I'm a little blown away by how many people are letting last night blind them to what Anderson Silva does in the cage. Today is GSP's day. He was amazing last night against one of the greatest but keep images in mind like what Silva did to 2 legends like Franklin and Henderson.

No need to put in the "all due respect", I love all my MMA brethren on here. So that goes without saying.

You are referring to Travis Lutter, who he finished from his back. Travis Lutter also had Anderson mounted in that fight.

When Anderson fought Marquardt, Marquardt was winning until Anderson got back up then finished him with strikes.

I'm not taking anything away from Silva. Silva's strength's are MT and striking. If GSP stood with Anderson it would be the dumbest thing imaginable.

Remember, GSP has taken down anyone and everyone he has ever fought at will.

And again, like I said. If GSP can get him down, he will win the fight. Only problem is, to get him down that would require clinching up with Anderson. And what happens when you clinch with Anderson? You get KTFO. So I don't know how that would play out.

Thanks to Greg Jackson, GSP always has stellar game plans.

It would be a very interesting match.

Edited by Dance04

Anderson did a pretty good job defending Hendo's take down in round 2 of their fight. he would have size advantage on gsp as well. that fight boils down to if GSP can get him and keep him down.

GSP's best strategy for the takedown would be to shoot in fast and furious, and even that comes with risks as he could eat a kick or knee. there's always the clinch takedown but as Dance stated, clinching with Anderson for any amount of time isn't the smartest thing in the world to do

i would expect Anderson to religiously train his takedown defense as that would be his primary concern against GSP.

i think right now i would favor Anderson to win, but wouldn't be completely shocked if GSP pulled it out

Exactly SU. I agree with all the mentioned above.

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Georges St. Pierre $400,000 (includes $200,000 win bonus) def. B.J. Penn $125,000 (win bonus would have been $125,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Lyoto Machida $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) def. Thiago Silva $29,000 (win bonus would have been $29,000)

– Jon Jones $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Stephan Bonnar $22,000 (win bonus would have been $22,000)

– Karo Parisyan $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Dong Hyun Kim $26,000 (win bonus would have been $26,000)

– Clay Guida $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Nate Diaz $20,000 (win bonus would have been $20,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Jon Fitch $68,000 (includes $34,000 win bonus) def. Akihiro Gono $28,000 (win bonus would have been $28,000)

– Thiago Tavares $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus) def. Manny Gamburyan $14,000 (win bonus would have been $14,000)

– John Howard $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Chris Wilson $15,000 (win bonus would have been $15,000)

– Dan Cramer $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Matt Arroyo $8,000 (win bonus would have been $8,000)

UFC 94 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,057,000

karo's being paid too much. UFC did 4mil+ from the gate, PPV #'s should be great as well. if they go over 900k buys (which it is expected) the UFC would be the first sporting event of any kind to register 3 consecutive events of 900k+ buys

Unless GSP is the one striking....

Silva is awesome on the ground. You should just stick to misjudging RBs.

You sound emotional, like you thought BJ had a chance last night.

Did you think he had a chance in hell?

Personally, I would like to thank MMA for paying for my $100 sushi dinner last night, my sake and my beer.

I also send out a special thanks to GSP for paying for an extra $100 worth of pizza and beer for the Superbowl tonight.

MMA has come down to a few elite fighters. I would love to see them fight each other.

Fedor against Lindland was interesting--even in spite of the weight difference.

I would like to see Fedor against GSP. If GSP could win that, he would be the greatest in the sport since an early Royce Gracie.

It is time for the UFC to go back to a tournament style--just for one night.

Since the purchase of Pride, they could put together 30 of the greatest fighters ever, in a round-robbin tournament like the old days.

One night, New Year's. The single greatest card in history. Winner advances.

I would like to see Fedor against GSP. If GSP could win that, he would be the greatest in the sport since an early Royce Gracie.

I'm the biggest GSP homer there is. But him fighting Fedor wouldn't even be cool. It would be a side show. It's just dumb to even think.

I'm the biggest GSP homer there is. But him fighting Fedor wouldn't even be cool. It would be a side show. It's just dumb to even think.

It would be fantastic.

Especially if it was the second or third fight that either one had that evening.

Too barbaric for today's UFC.....but damn I would love to see it.

I don't agree. :cheers:

Don't you miss the early days of UFC just a little?

Where a fighter would have to go through 3-4 guys in one night to win it all?

While today's setup has some advantages, and the fighters today are more athletic.....those old tournaments sure were exciting.

Since the purchase of Pride, there are just too many good fighters, and not enough slots to show their talent.

one night....30 men. Let it rip.

:cheers:

Don't you miss the early days of UFC just a little?

Where a fighter would have to go through 3-4 guys in one night to win it all?

While today's setup has some advantages, and the fighters today are more athletic.....those old tournaments sure were exciting.

Since the purchase of Pride, there are just too many good fighters, and not enough slots to show their talent.

one night....30 men. Let it rip.

I wasn't disagreeing about tourneys. I was disagreeing about fedor v GSP.

Thats the one thing I miss the most about pride the Tourneys and GP's were awesome. I would love for the UFC to do it.

I don't think I'm that excited about GSP vs Anderson. I think Anderson would win for sure. It's not a great idea to move up in weight and fight the best person in that class. Look how it worked for BJ Penn.

I'm sure GSP could beat most of the guys in the MW division, but I don't see him beating Anderson.

I don't think I'm that excited about GSP vs Anderson. I think Anderson would win for sure. It's not a great idea to move up in weight and fight the best person in that class. Look how it worked for BJ Penn.

I'm sure GSP could beat most of the guys in the MW division, but I don't see him beating Anderson.

Finally someone else making sense besides Sebowski and I.

Finally someone else making sense besides Sebowski and I.

come on Chach, don't make it seem like I blindly said GSP would win!

I gave the pros and cons for each fighter if they were to fight.

If it stays on the feet, anderson wins.

If it goes to the ground, GSP wins.

And for the record, Im NOT a fan of fighters moving up. It's normally ego driven. And they normally leave with a bruised ego.

But, if it WERE to happen, I'm 50-50 on this fight, it would be the most nervous I have ever been for a GSP fight

Edited by Dance04

I don't think that now is the time for a GSP/Silva fight, but maybe if he defends again and it's not really a close fight it might be time. GSP is definitely still improving as a fighter (not that I'm saying Silva isn't). I don't think he would be ready for that fight as of right now, but a year from now that might be the most interesting, hyped fight in UFC history (again:)).

I don't think that now is the time for a GSP/Silva fight, but maybe if he defends again and it's not really a close fight it might be time. GSP is definitely still improving as a fighter (not that I'm saying Silva isn't). I don't think he would be ready for that fight as of right now, but a year from now that might be the most interesting, hyped fight in UFC history (again:)).

If GSP beats Alves there is no one at 170 worthy of a shot.

I don't think GSP is ready for Anderson either though. He hasn't shown any power and has a suspect chin. He is rolling by out working and being stringer than everyone he has beat. He would not have those advantages at 185. I agree with whoever said when a fighter moves up it shouldn't be to fight the best of the class. GSP should beat Alves then step up at fight an Okami, Franklin, Lietes type before challenging Anderson.

If GSP beats Alves there is no one at 170 worthy of a shot.

I don't think GSP is ready for Anderson either though. He hasn't shown any power and has a suspect chin. He is rolling by out working and being stringer than everyone he has beat. He would not have those advantages at 185. I agree with whoever said when a fighter moves up it shouldn't be to fight the best of the class. GSP should beat Alves then step up at fight an Okami, Franklin, Lietes type before challenging Anderson.

If Swick wins his next couple fights, he will easily be deserving. Watch out for Koschcek to want a rematch if he strings together some W's at the pace he's going.

In my opinion, GSP should stay down at 170. He is all muscle and wouldn't have to cut a pound. He'll be 185 the night of the fight. Anderson, on the other hand, cuts a ton of weight. He'll be 200 lbs the night of the fight. This guy has superior striking advantages, and you're giving him 15 lbs? Please.

If those two stood next to each other, Anderson would make GSP look like a horse jockey. The reach and height advantage is stupefying when you take in to account how much Silva likes to use his lengthy limbs to catch you from the outside.