Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ah yes, Davis is a 170 pounder. I want him to fight GSP.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bisping and Leben. I like Leben, but want Bisping to win just so we can have some parody in MW. Every person you mentioned isn't exactly a threat to the UFC belt. And the UFC is losing fighters at a much faster rate than gaining them.

Franklin made 205 to get after Shamrock and got the hell out of that division. I don't see how he could threaten the better fighters up there, I think he knows that, as well. If anything, he should try 170, IMO.

u got something personal against Davis?:laugh: he's on a nice streak, but i need to see him fight someone in the top 10. he has some dangerous hands, but GSP is in a "tito ortiz" type of mode right now, where he's not standing with anyone, he goes in and immediately goes for the takedown and wins via ground and pound. Davis bjj is good, but not good enough to stop GSP's ground and pound.

MW division has a few more faces for title shots than you may think. I don't think he's quite ready yet, but I could Maia being fast tracked. The winner of Almeida/Cote will be on a short list for title shots. Bisping will probably get a shot if he beats Leben and one more fighter.

Franklin fought @ 205 for a few fights, not to get after Franklin. he dropped to 185 because UFC wanted him to be the face of that division

"First of all, you said he could beat Houston and Jardine. And hello, Jardine isn't too shabby. I'd take that bet. That equals out to exactly 1 fighter you're confident Rich would beat."

Nice to see you can count. I listed Houston, Jardine, etc. in my first post. That means more than just those two fighters. This does help explain why you think Rich won the stand up.

"Sakuraba fought and got KTFO by Wanderlei Silva 3 times, why can't Rich, a pioneer and former champion get 3 shots"

You really can't compare the Japanese sending out there hero to get destroyed over and over again in the hopes that he'll regain some national pride to the UFC title fights. And how exactly is Rich Franklin a pioneer of our sport? Your man crush on this guy is insane.

"Did you count all the strikes? Watch the punching exchanges, like I said. Rich landed some nice inside leg kicks, but when they mixed it up with the hands, toe to toe, Rich was connecting harder. This isn't boxing where you graze the peach fuzz and get a landed punch. Rich was bouncing his Anderson's head back"

That's counting every strike that landing, even the ineffective ones. I'm not sure what you're seeing when you watch this fight, and apparently no one else on here does either.

"This can go unsaid. Obviously, if he doesn't earn it, he won't get it."

If this can go unsaid then why are saying he deserves another shot? He hasn't earned one yet, so why even bring it up? And in case you missed it, here's the quote from the article about him going to 205:

"He's fought almost everybody in the 185-pound division," said Cox. "There are some guys that he could fight, but if he beats them it knocks them out of title contention. And nobody is looking to see Rich and Anderson Silva 3 right now, including me."

That's from his own manager.

Quite honestly, when I saw Randy and Rich in the UFC, I knew it was a legit MMA organization (Tito was good too, but bored me with his style back then). Rich has been on multipule TV programs promoting our sport and is incredibly well spoken. I've seen an heard him on the radio owning people with great insight on the dynamics of martial arts.

This really is just a matter of opinion, and maybe I had a Cecil Peoples moment yesterday, but Rich's jab has always been my favorite to watch. I dunno, maybe I'm turning a blind eye to the array of weapons used in that round. But seriously, we're arguing about less than one round. Rich got dropped, it doesn't even matter.

I really don't see Rich doing well at 205. He had a "win" against Shamrock, so it proves nothing to me. He walks around at 225, and cutting 55 pounds would be pretty sick...but at 185 he still has some meat on his bones that could be scraped off with a nice diet of celary, carrots...you know, plankton, that sort of thing. If he COULD get to 170, and still have strength...watch out.

All in all, if Rich earns his shot at Anderson, he shouldn't be kept from it. He still has some good years left in his gas tank. Dude is a workout warrior. One of the best training regiments around. I don't know the policy on a guy that can wipe out everyone but the champ. Seriously, could those two fight 5, 6, 7 times? Please God, no. But what if he keeps earning a shot? And what if Anderson camps out with that belt? It's unlikely the wheel will keep turning like that. I ain't sayin, I'm just sayin.

I remember Franklin kicking Shamrock's ass at 205, then everyone commented on how great rich looked at 205 and was surprised to see him go back to 185.

My Australian Cattle Dog would look great against Ken Shamrock. And Shammy either took a swan dive or broke his back trying to avoid Rich's combinations. I don't think it was a dive, but that fight proved nothing to me.

In other news, Din Thomas has been cut from the UFC (sorry Mvisit). He is deciding whether to drop down to 145 or retire from the sport. No word if he's going to the WEC...

Tommy Speer has also been cut. Least he'll be safe from Anthony Johnson...

Joe Doerksen, Travis Lutter, Charles McCarthy, Jake O'Brien, and Kalib Starnes have all been dropped, or quit this month, as well.

Nick Diaz got pulled from the dream card by eliteXC. They fear he wont be able to fight at full strength for his next fight in the EliteXC on june 14.

man, does this piss anyone else off? I'm tired of getting anxious to see him fight, just to hear he has been removed from a card.

My Australian Cattle Dog would look great against Ken Shamrock. And Shammy either took a swan dive or broke his back trying to avoid Rich's combinations. I don't think it was a dive, but that fight proved nothing to me.

I meant he looked great, as in, fit for the weight class. He cuts too much weight to get to 185. He is more naturally a 205'er.

All in all, if Rich earns his shot at Anderson, he shouldn't be kept from it. He still has some good years left in his gas tank. Dude is a workout warrior. One of the best training regiments around. I don't know the policy on a guy that can wipe out everyone but the champ. Seriously, could those two fight 5, 6, 7 times? Please God, no. But what if he keeps earning a shot? And what if Anderson camps out with that belt? It's unlikely the wheel will keep turning like that. I ain't sayin, I'm just sayin.

I should clarify that I certainly think Rich should be allowed to earn a 3match. I just don't think he should risk his life like that. Silva owns him. I don't care what Rich landed in that first round. He was panicked from the opening seconds. By the last minute of the first round, he was looking to the clock for mercy. At 205 it could be a different story but whatever he would gain over Spider physically, he's already lost twice that in the mental game and it was so apparent in their 2nd bout. I definitely was proven wrong about Franklin being a broken fighter but I'm pretty confident about his chances vs. Anderson Silva. Zero.

Sherk Tested Clean

It's official: Sherk is clean

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/mma/05/06/sherk.officially.clean/index.html

By Ken Pishna, MMAWeekly.com

Following some confusion over the recent drug test results of former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight titleholder Sean Sherk in Nevada, the official results are in. Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, told MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday via email, "The NSAC received Mr. Sherk's steroid and drug test results this morning and they were all negative."

Initial reports last week had stated that Sherk had already been cleared as part of Nevada's new out-of-competition testing process. Kizer on Friday, however, notified MMAWeekly.com that, "Mr. Sherk was tested as a condition of licensure. We have not yet received the results of that test, the sample for which was given on or about April 22, 2008."

The negative result confirms that Sherk has been cleared for licensure and will be able to challenge B.J. Penn, the current UFC lightweight champion, on May 24 in the main event of UFC 84 in Las Vegas.

Sherk was suspended in California for failing a drug test following his victory over Hermes Franca on July 7 in Sacramento. He was subsequently stripped of the title. As of April 14, he fulfilled the terms of his suspension in California and was removed from the active suspension list.

As previously reported, Penn was tested by Nevada as part of the new out-of-competition procedure. His test results came back negative on April 23 according to Kizer.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz was also drug tested recently and returned negative results. Kizer indicated that the commission also intends to test Ortiz's opponent, Lyoto Machida.

Sure Sherk is clean...now. But he still USED TO juice.

Here is my idea...you use steroids, you make unfair gains in size, speed, strength...you stop taking steroids...aren't you now still better off than someone who never took steroids in the first place?

Sure Sherk is clean...now. But he still USED TO juice.

Here is my idea...you use steroids, you make unfair gains in size, speed, strength...you stop taking steroids...aren't you now still better off than someone who never took steroids in the first place?

Actually we'll never really know if he took steroids considering the CSAC refused to take a look at the supposedly overwhelming evidence Sherk had. There were several people from a global testing agency saying there was no way you could determine if Sherk was juicing based on his slightly raised levels without seeing more evidence. I'll try and find the info they posted on this.

But I do agree with you. If he did juice then that's true. I've trained with guys that used to take roids and they are still much much stronger than the rest of us.

Actually we'll never really know if he took steroids considering the CSAC refused to take a look at the supposedly overwhelming evidence Sherk had. There were several people from a global testing agency saying there was no way you could determine if Sherk was juicing based on his slightly raised levels without seeing more evidence. I'll try and find the info they posted on this.

But I do agree with you. If he did juice then that's true. I've trained with guys that used to take roids and they are still much much stronger than the rest of us.

I was about to bring this up. He had a lab test a number of Xyience products he was using and most of them tested positive for different steroids.

And on top of that, I'd be willing to bet money that a LOT of the Pride guys were juicing, because of their lax testing policy. Just look at how much smaller Wanderlei is now than he was in Pride. And look at the guys coming over looking flat in the UFC like Shogun and Cro Cop.

The July 19th Affliction show is reportedly being moved from Dallas to Anaheim.

My first thought was I am going to go no matter what. Now I hear they have 6mil committed in payroll to the fighters already. That means tickets will probably be as much if not more than the UFC is getting away with.

Here is some of the card:

Fedor-Sylvia

Barnett-Rizzo

Lindland-Negeo

Rothwell-TBA

It will be a great card and I am hoping to be there.

The July 19th Affliction show is reportedly being moved from Dallas to Anaheim.

My first thought was I am going to go no matter what. Now I hear they have 6mil committed in payroll to the fighters already. That means tickets will probably be as much if not more than the UFC is getting away with.

Here is some of the card:

Fedor-Sylvia

Barnett-Rizzo

Lindland-Negeo

Rothwell-TBA

It will be a great card and I am hoping to be there.

Did I miss the update where Arlovski dropped off the card?

Mark Coleman going APE **** and Kevin Randleman telling Fedor he will drink vodka with him :laugh:

Although their forums suck you can find funny **** like this over at Sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/mark-coleman-going-ape-777730/

I disagree. I'm a sherdogger (mvisit1 there also), and I don't think their forums suck. If you ignore the posers and keyboard warriors, there is some good info on there. I've been a member for months and I read more than anything...I think I've only posted once.

I'm sorry, but Leben is one of the biggest bafoons in all of MMA. He probably would've lost anyways, but damn, what an idiot. :doh:

This issue was in the courts for a while. He turned himself in to try to ensure he could leave the country to fight Bisping. It backfired. I think he's a buffoon too but a loveable one. Besides, with out guys like Leben we'd be seeing a lot more guys like Starnes.

So tragic that Starnes actually beat Leben.

Leben is a character and things like this happen to characters, he is entertaining to fight so I give him a pass, he's also an idiot but what can u do.

On a side note, watched this weeks TUF yesterday, loved Matt's KO and the second bout those 2 guys went slugging.

Leben is a character and things like this happen to characters, he is entertaining to fight so I give him a pass, he's also an idiot but what can u do.

On a side note, watched this weeks TUF yesterday, loved Matt's KO and the second bout those 2 guys went slugging.

It was definintely one of the better TUF episodes ive seen. And I LOVED seeing that asshat Jeremy May get KO'd. The fact that he played up his injury so he wouldnt have to train as hard is dispicable and a disgrace to the UFC name. Second bout was great for the shear fact that Rampage's reaction was hilarious.

The fact that he played up his injury so he wouldnt have to train as hard is dispicable and a disgrace to the UFC name.

I was shocked when he said that. I literally had no expression on my face.

Even if you did do that, how do you have the audacity to say it on camera? If he has a future in MMA, it is going to be hard for people to trust him from here on out.