Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Question:

I might be giving Serra too much credit because he got lucky last time against GSP, but did anyone else think he looked kind of pale and sickly walking out of the tunnel that night? I wasn't expecting him to win, but I certainly thought he'd put up much more of a fight.

He was recently off of that back injury so I don't think he was completely 100 percent, but I still don't think he would've beaten GSP if he were. I'm not going to call the first fight a fluke but Serra caught GSP off-guard with those early strikes and just took advantage of it. I would say that GSP wins that fight 9 times out of 10.

Thought this was kinda interesting... Quarry's myspace blog about the fight on Saturday night:

04/23/08 12:44PM

Another day at the office....

What a week! Canada was incredible. Beautiful city, beautiful women, great crowd (eventually) :-)

The preparation for this fight was so much better than the last one. Stayed strong throughout and had great coaches and sparring partners come together for me. Kru Jeremy Wijers and Kru Dan Burke teamed up on me for my Thai boxing. Leonard Trigg and Dan Taylor helped me with my boxing. Phil Claud got my conditioning up so I could push the pace for 15 minutes. Marco and Tim flew over from New Jersey Martial Arts just to help me out, both guys are black belts in Ju Jitsu and they would just attack me over and over til the tears flowed and I didn't want to play anymore. And of course Greg Thompson was my head corner and MMA coach that brought everything together. We like to refer to him as my Nipple.

My game plan for the fight was just to stay in face the whole fight. Never let him get any momentum. I felt that when I started throwing he would freeze up and I'd be able to unload. I wasn't expecting him to move backwards so much. I assumed he'd be trying for the takedown the whole time. But I think after a few attempts he got disheartened and was looking not to lose instead of looking to win.

I have a hard time recalling how the fight goes during the fight and even thought he may have won the first round but towards the end I just became so frustrated I did my running man impression. And when I heard the 10 second bell I just thought, "ok, if he won't engage I'm going to do the most ridiculous thing I can think of and just maybe he'll come in and try and throw something." But no, couldn't get him fired up.

One of the best parts of the night for me I had to be told about later because I didn't hear it at the time. Right at the end after my "RockHammer" technique, he looked at me and says, "real classy." Then not 2 minutes later when my corner Greg said to him, "My guy came here to fight, you came here to run away." That's when Kalib starts yelling, "F' you you f'ing faggott! Why don't you fight me!" that to me isn't very classy. But oh well. I don't hold anything against him. Its very tough living your life in front of millions and especially something so personal as fighting. Because its in fights where your true character comes out and sometimes the pressure forces out parts of us we'd prefer to keep private. And of course it's magnified 100 fold due to the microscope we're under. I have no doubt he'll be successful wherever he ends up.

But I think the lesson in all of this is that 2 guys trying to kill each other is better than 20 million. And if I can change and you can change..... ANYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!!

Thought this was kinda interesting... Quarry's myspace blog about the fight on Saturday night:

04/23/08 12:44PM

Another day at the office....

And of course Greg Thompson was my head corner and MMA coach that brought everything together. We like to refer to him as my Nipple.

what in the hell???

Question:

I might be giving Serra too much credit because he got lucky last time against GSP, but did anyone else think he looked kind of pale and sickly walking out of the tunnel that night? I wasn't expecting him to win, but I certainly thought he'd put up much more of a fight.

I thought the same thing, Serra looked extremely white and his eyes from the moment he walked out looked like they had the biggest bags I'd seen on him. Who knows, maybe he was feeling ill, if he was and hasn't said anything it's for the better. Or his nerves coulda cracked, ya never know.

Saw the last half of TUF. The 22 year old kid might be a rookie, and will have time to grow, but he needs to stop smirking all the time. I think he was smiling during the freakin armbar. Smiled after the loss, smiled during the interview, smiled at Rampage when he said he was sorry. Ok man, if you wanna smile, I bet they can give you Nate and Nick Diaz' address and they'll smoke you up.

He didn't even listen to his coaches, including Rampage, who was yelling to "STAND UP!" If that were my coaches, I'd be running laps 'til 1 in the morning. When the light heavyweight champion tells you to standup, I dunno, maybe by the 20th time you should try listening to him. The only thing that kid did was get a nice flurry in the 2nd while standing up. I dunno, he needs to go to boot camp before he goes on that show.

Saw the last half of TUF. The 22 year old kid might be a rookie, and will have time to grow, but he needs to stop smirking all the time. I think he was smiling during the freakin armbar. Smiled after the loss, smiled during the interview, smiled at Rampage when he said he was sorry. Ok man, if you wanna smile, I bet they can give you Nate and Nick Diaz' address and they'll smoke you up.

He didn't even listen to his coaches, including Rampage, who was yelling to "STAND UP!" If that were my coaches, I'd be running laps 'til 1 in the morning. When the light heavyweight champion tells you to standup, I dunno, maybe by the 20th time you should try listening to him. The only thing that kid did was get a nice flurry in the 2nd while standing up. I dunno, he needs to go to boot camp before he goes on that show.

yeah that dude could've won that fight, he had Credeur out on his feet and took him down instead of standing with him. his limited fight experience definitely showed as he virtually ignored his corner for the entire fight.

overall, i'm not seeing much quality from this group of fighters. this doesn't appear to be a strong class overall.

on another note Irvin has been confirmed as Evan's opponent at UFC 85

yeah that dude could've won that fight, he had Credeur out on his feet and took him down instead of standing with him. his limited fight experience definitely showed as he virtually ignored his corner for the entire fight.

overall, i'm not seeing much quality from this group of fighters. this doesn't appear to be a strong class overall.

on another note Irvin has been confirmed as Evan's opponent at UFC 85

He really could have won. If only he stood up, someone should have told him.

UFC.com already changed UFC 85's main event to Werdum/Vera. Think they'll change it again? I'm sensing Mir vs. Herring or Lesnar vs. anybody.

UFC.com already changed UFC 85's main event to Werdum/Vera. Think they'll change it again? I'm sensing Mir vs. Herring or Lesnar vs. anybody.

that guy he fought was exposed too. he has NO endurance and one of the more experienced fighters is going to step in there and finish him off. he shouldnt have been popping off to the crowd either, that showed he wasnt very focused.

i am looking forward to rampage getting pissed at forrest.

Did I miss a preview at the end?

the last UFC they both said that Rampage loses his cool at Forrest during the season.

Should be funny because both are such big personalities and smart asses.

Rampage just loses it period this next one I think...:laugh:

they'll probably do a co-main event deal. werdum vs. vera is strong enough to stand alone.

the last UFC they both said that Rampage loses his cool at Forrest during the season.

Should be funny because both are such big personalities and smart asses.

Rampage just loses it period this next one I think...:laugh:

That would indicate to me that his fighters keep on losing then.

That would indicate to me that his fighters keep on losing then.

Fights end the show. I think Rampage goes off during the show which would be before the next fight. You are right though. If you are watching and Rampage is happy-go-lucky until the fight, you should bet on his guy losing.

Is anyone else waiting for the coaches competition? Remember they had BJ and Pulvr play ping pong and they had Serra and Hughes go bowling? I can't wait for that episode. These are two funny dudes. I hope they do something cool. Foosball? Pool? Any guesses? Darts? It would have to be non-contact. Video games?

I believe Rampage WAS, in fact, yelling at him to stand up.

:laugh: I know, I was being sarcastic. Should have added a ":rolleyes:" at the end.

Oops, I'm sorry!! It's late at night, I just finished a paper, and my sarcasm detector is switched to "off" evidently...which really means I need to go to bed because I'm usually all over sarcasm. :laugh:

Oops, I'm sorry!! It's late at night, I just finished a paper, and my sarcasm detector is switched to "off" evidently...which really means I need to go to bed because I'm usually all over sarcasm. :laugh:

Here, this will put you to sleep...from one of my earlier posts:

He didn't even listen to his coaches, including Rampage, who was yelling to "STAND UP!" If those were my coaches, I'd be running laps 'til 1 in the morning. When the light heavyweight champion tells you to standup, I dunno, maybe by the 20th time you should try listening to him. The only thing that kid did was get a nice flurry in the 2nd while standing up. I dunno, he needs to go to boot campbefore he goes on that show.