Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

This is probably more a case of UFC over-hyping their own stars too soon. Someone wins a belt, and makes few impressive title defense and all of the sudden "omg best of all time, best p4p, can't be beat" etc etc.....

Barao always looked impressive but he never looked like some unbeatable killer, same with Cruz before him.

I don't think Rogan's talking about the biggest moment in fighting history for Dillashaw, but technique and execution from a fighter. Dillashaw looked like a damn Bruce Lee descendant in there tonight.

He did have a little bit of a Bruce Lee vibe going.  

On another note, all UFC champions are Americans minus Aldo now 

One more and the Brazilian menace is defeated.... then we send the choppers to circle Rio blasting Real American while dropping fliers designed by Chael Sonnen on their shamed population.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

One more and the Brazilian menace is defeated.... then we send the choppers to circle Rio blasting Real American while dropping fliers designed by Chael Sonnen on their shamed population.

You might want to slow your roll; there are 3 title fights before Aldo Mendes 2, and it is Aldo, there still is a 40% chance he gets injured & the fight gets pushed.

I think 1 of the 3 Americans will loose their belt by the time Aldo steps in the ring (Johnson, Rousey, Weidman). I'm not picking which one, I'm just guessing 1 will, would be nice to see Canada steal one back while GSP is on sabbatical though.

You might want to slow your roll; there are 3 title fights before Aldo Mendes 2, and it is Aldo, there still is a 40% chance he gets injured & the fight gets pushed.

I think 1 of the 3 Americans will loose their belt by the time Aldo steps in the ring (Johnson, Rousey, Weidman). I'm not picking which one, I'm just guessing 1 will, would be nice to see Canada steal one back while GSP is on sabbatical though.

Canada?! Losing to brazil is one thing but Canada? Unthinkable. We can't go on pretending they don't exist if they beat us at something. Hockey doesn't count.

Rousey is running right through Davis, and Johnson will be heavily favored against Bagautinov. Even if they lose, the belts would be in America and Russia. Machida and Fabricio are the next Brazilian challengers.

What Canadian fighter would win a belt? Rory? Pfffsshh.

Weidman's enemy isn't Machida, and it's not Brazil, but it's the pesky asterisk.

He will come out with a nasty vengeance against the asterisk, that will unleash a fury to finally defeat it for the first time in 3 fights, and prove he is for real.

You really think asterisks should be put next to the Anderson fights? I don't. Weidman showed that he's a beast in both of those fights. I mean has he dealt with adversity yet?

The second fight may get an asterisk, but it doesn't take away the fact that Weidman has been the dominating fighter. He took a flurry of leg kicks in the first fight, that's the deepest water he's been in. Anderson always clowns dudes, can't give an asterisk because he got caught trying to clown.

Why an asterisk for the Munoz fight? *Finish too brutal - result changed to DQ.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Rousey is running right through Davis, and Johnson will be heavily favored against Bagautinov. Even if they lose, the belts would be in America and Russia.

What Canadian fighter would win a belt? Rory? Pfffsshh.

Davis is Canadian not American, I think the UFC lists her as fighting out if whatever US gym she fights out if (Jackson?) but just listen to her, she's a hoser, maybe wait to hear here say "a-boot". while she's a longshot, last fight card

should have shown everyone that seemingly unbeatable champions can fall with a decent gameplan. Take a fighters A game away & see what else they got, Davis or any other title challenger would be silly not to use a similar strategy going forward, forget trying to fight "your" fight, don't let your oppenenr fight theirs.

Like it or not, an IMPRESSIVE win for Rory puts him in contention. He would destroy Hendricks after fighting a decent strikingsouthpaw in Lawler. He's fighting Woodley, Lawler won't get an rematch, Condit is out & Brown needs 1 more fight. Who else fights for the title other than the winner of Woodley Rory?

I have Machida over Weidman, Machida is a tough match up.

I don't think anyone ever has picked Machida to lose ever. That distance he fights at changes the fight entirely, I don't think Weidman will get frustrated & run into a KO like Bader did, this one will be interesting to see how it plays out with patient Weidman. I can't pick against Machida though.

If I hadn't already been to Vegas last 4th of July & know just how insanely hot it is in Vegas, I would think of flying out to see that card. Best PPV of the year IMO. I'm thinking of driving to AC for FN 45-Miller Cowboy Cerrone. tickets are cheap & the card is decent for a fight night card. Why the heck is Barboza still fighting on undercards? The guy has main event written all over him.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

You really think asterisks should be put next to the Anderson fights? I don't. Weidman showed that he's a beast in both of those fights. I mean has he dealt with adversity yet?

The second fight may get an asterisk, but it doesn't take away the fact that Weidman has been the dominating fighter. He took a flurry of leg kicks in the first fight, that's the deepest water he's been in. Anderson always clowns dudes, can't give an asterisk because he got caught trying to clown.

Why an asterisk for the Munoz fight? *Finish too brutal - result changed to DQ.

Oh I agree with you. There should be no asterisks on those fights, in my eyes. I was just referring to a large portion of the population that is chalking up the asterisks. Although, I'm sure most of those are probably just casual fans, and I probably need to stop paying attention to youtube comments and online sports news comments on the fights, as those are probably super-casual fans. But it sure would be nice to see Weidman put together a completely non-controversial win (that I believe he's highly capable of), that would silence every single doubter,  just like Dillashaw did.

As for the Munoz fight, I was basically saying it was 3 fights ago since his last non-asterisk, so I wasn't including that one.

Like it or not there is an emotional asterisk there. It's like the fans were never given a sense of closure on Spider's reign. I'm not saying he's not the real champ but he didn't come in and simply dominate the champ in a fight that felt like a passing if the torch. It didn't even have the feel of toppling an aging champ that had simply gone one fight too many. Spider's stupidity beat him in the first fight, which was a heavy dose of well earned karma, and the second ended in a freak injury. We see fighters check kicks all the time, rarely does a leg snap like that.

Eventually Spider will lose the right way and then we can all wish him well in Bellator where he will beat all of their marketable fighters using nothing other that open hand slaps.

Eventually Spider will lose the right way and then we can all wish him well in Bellator where he will beat all of their marketable fighters using nothing other that open hand slaps.

I think the 8 fights he has remaining on his 10 fight deal he signed with Dana a while ago means Anderson will only be fighting for Zuffa for the rest of his career, if there even is one.

That might sound like a patriotic marketers wet dream, but all USA champs-especially new ones would actually be horrible for the UFC scheduling wise.

Why you ask? Probably because the US has no universal health care system. Name the last US fighter to win a belt & NOT immediately get surgery-usually for something lingering, not even an injury from the most recent fight. Jones, Rousey & Mighty Mouse are the ones that come to mind & they all won their belts a while ago. Cain, Weidman, Hendricks, Pettis all went on the shelf after their wins.

You can have all US champions, but get ready to have a Roy Nelson Matt Mitrone main event at UFC 185, and a string of bad PPV cards while the new champs are recovering from surgery.

For the sake of the schedule, they need at least 3 champs to be from countries that have some form of social medicine. the UFC wants Irishman McGregor so that's one, maybe a Canadian as one and a Swede as the other if Brazil can't hold on to one? Just a thought.

I don't think anyone ever has picked Machida to lose ever. 

I'm pretty sure a decent amount of people picked him to lose to Jon Jones. Although I doubt anyone picked him to be choked unconscious..still the best Jon Jones win so far IMO.

Also, I don't agree with the asterisk crowd. Maybe in the rematch (although Weidman dominated him before the injury), but the first fight was a legit win for Weidman. 

legit.