Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That knee was brutal. Aldo just hits a LOT harder than anyone else in this division and that's going to be hard to counter and game plan against.

He will reign supreme over this division for as long as he wants to stay.

If you can't take him down, you will eventually get caught with something. Dude is a sniper.

Edited by StillUnknown

Watching the replays of the Aldo KO, I am even more impressed.

Barboza's KO was really just a wild kick that Etim didn't see coming, but that is going to miss 90% of the time. If it had happened in the first round, when both fighters were fresh, Etim would have just taken a step back or ducked under it, but fatigue probably played a factor. Etim really shouldn't have been caught like that, and he deserves to watch that over and over in highlights. Getting knocked out on your feet makes it the better highlight certainly.

But Aldo's knee is more impressive in my eyes. He pushed free of Mendes's grip and feinted with his left hand, knowing that Mendes would be worried about the left hand because he just let it go. Mendes predictably ducked under the left hand and exposed himself for the devastating knee. Aldo was probably thinking through that plan during the entire time he was working along the fence. When he pulled his left hand free, he had Mendes set up for the kill. That was the work of a stone cold assassin.

Both KOs were so sudden, and so powerful. One second the fight is in a lull, and the next second it is over. Great fights in a great venue.

I like him too but dude never came in at 170. Dana moved him up to 185. Dude misses that mark by a mile. Dana gives him 205 on the spot. Dude enters the cage at 212. That's just multiple disrespectful displays to Dana and ownership. He obviously didn't care about being a professional and thought he was too special to be suspended or fired.

I wonder if he was so dominating at 170 because he was always 195 lbs when he entered the cage.

I like him too but dude never came in at 170. Dana moved him up to 185. Dude misses that mark by a mile. Dana gives him 205 on the spot. Dude enters the cage at 212. That's just multiple disrespectful displays to Dana and ownership. He obviously didn't care about being a professional and thought he was too special to be suspended or fired.

I wonder if he was so dominating at 170 because he was always 195 lbs when he entered the cage.

He really never beat anybody at 170, the one time he fought a top fighter, Koscheck choked him out. His highlight reels wins are over preliminary card fighters.

I really like Rumble but he deserved to be cut. How he ever made 170 is beyond me. Dude is HUGE. Walks around @ 220+. He needs to get it together because he's too talented to waste it. If he cant make 185 go to 205. He's way bigger then some 205 fighter. Rashad is smaller, Shogun is smaller, Machida and so on. He had no business at 170. 185 is doable but if's too much he needs to fight at 205.

Ultimately I think he will be back. But he needs to get more professional quick. Very talented, great striker, exciting, but he needs to get it together

---------- Post added January-15th-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

It's ironic considering the ESPN OTL piece today but I do feel for these guys who get cut by the UFC nowadays. Especially the guys who can still really fight. Options are very limited to make good money in MMA even since Zuffa bought Strikeforce

I really like Rumble but he deserved to be cut. How he ever made 170 is beyond me. Dude is HUGE. Walks around @ 220+. He needs to get it together because he's too talented to waste it. If he cant make 185 go to 205. He's way bigger then some 205 fighter. Rashad is smaller, Shogun is smaller, Machida and so on. He had no business at 170. 185 is doable but if's too much he needs to fight at 205.

Ultimately I think he will be back. But he needs to get more professional quick. Very talented, great striker, exciting, but he needs to get it together

---------- Post added January-15th-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

It's ironic considering the ESPN OTL piece today but I do feel for these guys who get cut by the UFC nowadays. Especially the guys who can still really fight. Options are very limited to make good money in MMA even since Zuffa bought Strikeforce

I think Rumble will go win a few fights in Bellator/Japan and then the UFC will bring him back. But I bet he'll be on a short leash. IMO, he's too entertaining of a fighter for the UFC to let walk for good. I'm pretty sure he won't be winning any belts in the UFC but he's a good gatekeeper and an entertaining draw on a PPV card.