Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

So I was lurking sherdog and they said what happened is AJ got to 187.5 but doctor told cutting anymore was dangerous so he stopped cutting and put fluids back in his body to get him to 197. I'll get a link as soon as I can. heres the link http://mmajunkie.com/news/26970/win-or-lose-anthony-johnsons-job-is-on-the-line-at-ufc-142.mma

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

Belfort/Johnson fight is now at 205 so the fight is still on.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26975/anthony-johnson-weighs-204-2-pounds-ufc-142-co-main-event-is-on.mma

RIO DE JANEIRO – Anthony Johnson made weight when it mattered most.

After he came in heavy and weighed 197 pounds for a 185-pound bout with Vitor Belfort at Friday's official UFC 142 fighter weigh-ins, Johnson was told he could weigh no more than 205 pounds after rehydrating.

After a UFC-mandated second weigh-in on event day, he today weighed 204.2 pounds.

Therefore, his fight with Belfort is good to go for tonight's pay-per-view event, which takes place at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. However, Johnson (10-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) still must surrender 20 percent of his purse as a fine, which will be issued to Belfort (20-9 MMA, 9-4 UFC).

Glad it's still on but damn it's not good no matter how you look at it. If Rumble wins people will blame his weight, if he loses people will blame him having to cut on fight day. I guess no matter what there will be excuses tied to his weight issue.

But he didn't have to cut, right? Both fighters are now allowed to balloon up to 205 from what I gather from this. I doubt Belfort will get that big but Rumble's getting everything he wants. I say not cool. This guy simply never comes in at weight and it's BS.

But he didn't have to cut, right? Both fighters are now allowed to balloon up to 205 from what I gather from this. I doubt Belfort will get that big but Rumble's getting everything he wants. I say not cool. This guy simply never comes in at weight and it's BS.

It's possible that he doesn't have to cut to get to 205 but IMO it's more likely that he does since he could only get to197 when he needed to be at 185.

It's possible that he doesn't have to cut to get to 205 but IMO it's more likely that he does since he could only get to197 when he needed to be at 185.

He still went thru a draining cut to get to 187.5 and was forced to rehydrate by doctors he probably stopped sweating completely. That cut is gonna take a huge toll on Johnson.

So, no matter what, Johnson's future seems to be at 205 or a vegan diet. I want to sift through this mess right now and just appreciate this fight already. Because if you sit back and just take it for what it's worth, it's a badass matchup. Johnson is obviously carrying around new muscle, and he's also super-drained. They're essentially fighting at Franklinweight tonight, winner fights Rich for the Million Dollar belt.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

So, no matter what, Johnson's future seems to be at 205 or a vegan diet. I want to sift through this mess right now and just appreciate this fight already. Because if you sit back and just take it for what it's worth, it's a badass matchup. Johnson is obviously carrying around new muscle, and he's also super-drained. They're essentially fighting at Franklinweight tonight, winner fights Rich for the Million Dollar belt.

Yeah I'm just going to try and enjoy it too.

Patrick do you have any good links for tonight?

I should have the normal firstrowsports links but hd links are hard to come by these days.

edit: I think facebook is showing the full prelims as well starting at 7:30 so u don't have to turn off the playoffs but I'm not 100% sure if it's the full prelims.

Edited by Patrick86L