Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If Overeem gets into a striking battle with JDS he's going to sleep. Dirty boxing and using his size is his only chance

Are you for real? If the K1 grand prix heavyweight champ gets in a striking match he is going to sleep? Shows how little you know about striking.

I wouldn't go that far. I could see Overeem hurting JDS from range just as easily. JDS' standup is good, but it has holes, he just has the speed to hide them against people who may not be that schooled in striking. I don't think his speed will be enough for him to get away with it against the Reem.

Ubereem is faster than JDS.

I wouldn't be so quick on that....JDS is a far far bigger challenge than Lesnar, who can't handle any kind of standup. JDS thrives on that type of fight.

JDS is a bigger mismatch than Brock was. At least Brock had some sort of ground game. For those who don't know the difference between real striking and what MMA striking is, get ready for a trainwreck. Expect Overeem to have JDS in the Thai plum pretty easily and watch the knees fly.

If Overeem gets into a striking battle with JDS he's going to sleep. Dirty boxing and using his size is his only chance

I wouldn't go that far. I could see Overeem hurting JDS from range just as easy. JDS' standup is good, but it has holes, he just has the speed to hide them against people who may not be that schooled in striking. I don't think his speed will be enough for him to get away with it against the Reem.

Ubereem is faster than JDS.

I think JDS' sole reliance on his hands will be his downfall in that fight. You can't come at this version of Overeem with one weapon and win. I'll be rooting for JDS, but the analyst in me says its a rough night for him (although my predictions have been **** lately, so take with a grain of salt :ols: )

Edited by StillUnknown

Yeah, I guess comparing Overeem's performance vs. Brock is like judging RG3 vs. Washington....

RG3 didn't really dominate washington, I think Overeem dominated Brock.

---------- Post added December-31st-2011 at 12:36 AM ----------

I disagree.

Ask Badr Hari

Do you understand that the fact that he beat Hari once and fought him close the second times puts him leaps and bounds over anyone MMA has to offer? He was just as fast as Hari in both fights. This time he doesn't have to carry as much weight since he isn't going against a world class wrestler. Please this isn't even a debate.