Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That made my eyes hurt like hell!

Also, Cro Cop claims he hasn't signed with Dream yet and still wants to meet with Dana about a possible UFC signing:

http://www.5thround.com/06182009/articles/3713/cro-cop-%E2%80%9Ci-haven%E2%80%99t-signed-anything-yet%E2%80%9D/

IMO, he should do a one fight deal with Dream and rematch Overeem and then come to the UFC or vice versa. Either way, the fans want to see that rematch.

The only reason I would want to see Cro Cop fight Overeem again is to watch Cro Cop get KTFO. Cro Cop is done. He got "lucky" with that eye poke. He was not impressive leading up to it. He hasn't been impressive since Pride died. Cro Cop is no longer an elite fighter. He has no business fighting anyone in the top 20 at this point.

The only reason I would want to see Cro Cop fight Overeem again is to watch Cro Cop get KTFO. Cro Cop is done. He got "lucky" with that eye poke. He was not impressive leading up to it. He hasn't been impressive since Pride died. Cro Cop is no longer an elite fighter. He has no business fighting anyone in the top 20 at this point.

Come on now, let's not be ridiculous. Is Cro Cop a top ten HW anymore? No. Will he ever be? Probably not. But he had already knocked Al-Turk down with strikes once in that fight. It was just a matter of time. He'll still beat middle-of-the-pack guys but not top competition. He's a "gatekeeper" as they say.

ooh, I have to disagree if you mean his last fight not being impressive. He was moving well, he tossed Tuk off of him several times and was landing pretty good punches.

Cro Cop vs. Mighty Mo at Dream 10.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/06/18/cro.cop/index.html

Less than a week after apparently snubbing the UFC for Japanese mixed martial arts promoter Dream, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic has agreed to fight Siala "Mighty Mo" Siliga on July 20 in Saitama, Japan, a source familiar with negotiations for Dream 10 told SI.com Wednesday.

Come on now, let's not be ridiculous. Is Cro Cop a top ten HW anymore? No. Will he ever be? Probably not. But he had already knocked Al-Turk down with strikes once in that fight. It was just a matter of time. He'll still beat middle-of-the-pack guys but not top competition. He's a "gatekeeper" as they say.
ooh, I have to disagree if you mean his last fight not being impressive. He was moving well, he tossed Tuk off of him several times and was landing pretty good punches.

Because Turk is such a beast.:hysterical:

That was a setup fight he should have dominated.

Time will tell I guess. Let's see how he does against Mo in a month. If he is the favorite I'll be setting up an account and betting the house.

...and by house I mean apartment.

Edited by Sebowski

So is Lesnar legit, or was Couture just past his prime?

BTW, don't forget, before WWE Lesnar was the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champ, and finished college 106-5.

Both, but Randy was definately strong-armed into taking that fight on short notice and without a warmup before it.

Couture left the UFC with the desire to fight Fedor and that probably would have been his last fight, however once that fight didn't materialize and he sent feelers back to the UFC, Dana White pretty much demanded that Couture take on Brock right away. Couture reluctantly took the fight.

If you rewatch the fight, Randy actually was matching Brock's strength for awhile, he just got caught with a big punch, and once BRock gets on top of you it is nearly impossible to do anything after that, I was pretty impressed though that a 40-something year old Couture could match Lesner in the clinch.

If only UFC could sign FEDOR!!!

Edited by NoCalMike

Carano/Cyborg is going to headline the card they are on. first time females will headline an MMA card

on another note, Strikeforce Challengers on Showtime at 11pm(est)

MAIN CARD

• Joey Villasenor (184.5) vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (185)
  • Tim Kennedy (184) vs. Nick Thompson (185)
  • Jorge Gurgel (157.5) vs. Conor Heun (158.5) – 160-pound catch-weight
  • Shayna Baszler (134.5) vs. Sarah Kaufman (134)
  • Cory Devela (184) vs. Luke Rockhold (183.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-televised)

• Justin Davis (200)* vs. Dennis Hallman (191.5) – 195-pound catch-weight
  • Brian Caraway (145) vs. Alex Zuniga (144)
  • Lyle Beerbohm (160) vs. Duane Ludwig (159.5)
  • Travis Doerge (184) vs. Landon Showalter (185.5) – 186-pound catch-weight
  • Len Bentley (155.5) vs. Marques Daniels (154.5) – 156-pound catch-weight
  • Steve Hadsel (170) vs. Taylor Roberts (170.5) – 171-pound catch-weight

keep an eye on Sarah Kaufmann, she'll probably get the winner of Carano/Cyborg. Sarah can fight, great striker in her own right. she'll be a tough fight for Gina or Cyborg.

i still don't like the fact they created a 145lb division just for Carano & Cyborg though. every other challenger to them will basically be fighting 10lbs above their usual fighting weight. it gives Carano & Cyborg a bit of an unfair advantage

Edited by StillUnknown

Because Turk is such a beast.:hysterical:

That was a setup fight he should have dominated.

What?

You're the one who said he got "lucky" with the eye-poke. Al-Turk's a can and Cro Cop whipped on him all round before the eyepoke.

Al-Turk showed no offense for that fight and Cro Cop looked convincing IMO. Not sure what else Cro Cop could've done? :whoknows:

Time will tell I guess. Let's see how he does against Mo in a month. If he is the favorite I'll be setting up an account and betting the house.

...and by house I mean apartment.

:laugh:

If that's the case sign me up. I'd love to have an aparment in Cali.

Mo is better than Al-Turk because he has KO power, but he's just another can. That fatty will run out of gas like it's 1979.

What?

You're the one who said he got "lucky" with the eye-poke. Al-Turk's a can and Cro Cop whipped on him all round before the eyepoke.

Al-Turk showed no offense for that fight and Cro Cop looked convincing IMO. Not sure what else Cro Cop could've done? :whoknows:

:laugh:

If that's the case sign me up. I'd love to have an aparment in Cali.

Mo is better than Al-Turk because he has KO power, but he's just another can. That fatty will run out of gas like it's 1979.

He could have kocked him out clean in the first like he would have done years ago.

I guess I just wasn't as impressed with Cro Cop up until to the eye poke as you were. I also remember all too clearly what he looked like against Overeem in between crotch shots. He is too much of a one trick pony now. I'll rewatch the Turk fight and try to be objective.

I take back my bet on Mighty Mo. I just looked im up and realized he isn't who I thought he was. I confused him for the black Kick boxer that wears a crown. Manoef? What's his nickname? Something similar? Anywho, taking that Mo fight instead of another UFC fight or a Japanense fight against a credible opponent just convinces me more that Cro Cop is done in this sport. I bet Dream offered him better fighters and he turned them down just like he did Cain for his last fight and the Overeem rematch before that.

He could have kocked him out clean in the first like he would have done years ago.

I guess I just wasn't as impressed with Cro Cop up until to the eye poke as you were. I also remember all too clearly what he looked like against Overeem in between crotch shots. He is too much of a one trick pony now. I'll rewatch the Turk fight and try to be objective.

I take back my bet on Mighty Mo. I just looked im up and realized he isn't who I thought he was. I confused him for the black Kick boxer that wears a crown. Manoef? What's his nickname? Something similar? Anywho, taking that Mo fight instead of another UFC fight or a Japanense fight against a credible opponent just convinces me more that Cro Cop is done in this sport. I bet Dream offered him better fighters and he turned them down just like he did Cain for his last fight and the Overeem rematch before that.

Probably did. He's apparently in the business of fighting cans now. He'd better do the Overeem rematch while he's in Dream though or the fans there will be disappointed too. Overeem has to fight Brett Rogers in Strikeforce first though which he should win, but you never know which Overeem will show up. Plus he's going to have to pass a steroids test after the Strikeforce event unlike in Dream. I think that's why he's pretty much avoided fights on American soil until now.

Yeah you were thinking of Melvin Manhoef, he's a hell of a lot better fighter than Might Mo, but he's also a middleweight about 50 lbs lighter than Cro Cop.

Take a look at the Al-Turk fight again, Cro Cop dominated it like he should have but I'd have rather seen him finish with a clean win.

If he fights another can after Mighty Mo, I'm going to stop rooting for him. It's impressive that he just fought Al-Turk and he'll be turning around and fighting exactly one month and one day later but he's already had enough tune-up fights. It's up to him to not duck fighters and fight the best HW's he can now.

Yeah you were thinking of Melvin Manhoef, he's a hell of a lot better fighter than Might Mo, but he's also a middleweight about 50 lbs lighter than Cro Cop.

Then there is always "King" Mo Lawal. But he is a LHW and only has four fights to date. But he is a rising star.

I was just thinking that since he mentioned that he wore a crown and I do not think Manhoef does.

king-mo.jpg