Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I had the Guida-Sanchez fight a draw. But I have no issues with Sanchez winning.

I gave Guida the second and third. The second was very close due to the elbows from Sanchez, but I still gave the round to Guida because of the control and the fact that he was doing something with it and not just laying on him.

The biggest question I have is how only one of the judges scored the first round as 10-8 for Sanchez. That was a pretty clear 10-8 in my opinion.

I called the fight a draw too. I was kind of shocked that Sanchez was controlled on the ground. I know Guida is a good wrestler but I thought Diego had more then that.

great 60 seconds of the first round though.

Was anyone else happy that Diaz lost? I was hoping that choke Stevenson set in would have tapped him out but I dont think he would anyways considering he is a Gracie fighter.

It would definitely be an exciting fight IMO. But I agree, I think Anderson wins.

Vitor would be wise not let this UFC talk get in his head. Santiago is no easy win. If Vitor isn't 100% focused on Santiago, he will get beat.

Santiago has done nothing but improve since he left the UFC a while back, completely different fighter now.

Vitor would be wise not let this UFC talk get in his head. Santiago is no easy win. If Vitor isn't 100% focused on Santiago, he will get beat.

Santiago has done nothing but improve since he left the UFC a while back, completely different fighter now.

Why did Vitor sort of fall off the radar in marquee MMA scenes? Dude still seems to have fast and powerful hands and in his last 2 fights looked generally as good as he used to be. I see Belfort as a guy who definitely could land that shot on Silva.

Why did Vitor sort of fall off the radar in marquee MMA scenes? Dude still seems to have fast and powerful hands and in his last 2 fights looked generally as good as he used to be. I see Belfort as a guy who definitely could land that shot on Silva.

It was a lot of things if I am remembering correctly. The terrible situation with his sister, injuries and the steriod suspension in Pride. He went to Cage Rage in the UK while he was suspended in Pride and from fighthing in Nevada (which most states normally reciprocate) and I do not think a lot of people approved of that decision.

And he does have great hands and punching power, but he was always fighting at a higher weight than he is now. So while he had good power before, his power is tremendous now at a lower weight class.

Good point. Santiago has been very impressive recently. Honestly, I did not think he was as good as he is proving to be. I am imppressed with how much better he has gotten since his UFC run.

It was a lot of things if I am remembering correctly. The terrible situation with his sister, injuries and the steriod suspension in Pride. He went to Cage Rage in the UK while he was suspended in Pride and from fighthing in Nevada (which most states normally reciprocate) and I do not think a lot of people approved of that decision.

And he does have great hands and punching power, but he was always fighting at a higher weight than he is now. So while he had good power before, his power is tremendous now at a lower weight class.

His KO of Lindland was very impressive, even if Matt doesn't have a great chin. I'd be very intrigued by another UFC run for Vitor.

Was anyone else happy that Diaz lost? I was hoping that choke Stevenson set in would have tapped him out but I dont think he would anyways considering he is a Gracie fighter.

I like both the Diaz brothers but obviously, I like Nick the best. I was pulling for Nate but when he got up after round one or two (don't remember which) and put his hands up like he won the round I almost started pulling for Joe Daddy. He got his ass kicked that entire round and should've just went back to his corner and sat down.

Nate's a top jiu jitsu guy in the UFC's LW division but he basically has no standup and is controlled easily by stronger wrestlers.

I'm sure he'll improve but he needs to stop playing the bad guy role like his brother because he's not good enough to be talking all the smack that he does.

His KO of Lindland was very impressive, even if Matt doesn't have a great chin. I'd be very intrigued by another UFC run for Vitor.

Yeah, that was a nasty KO. Vitor really overwhelmed Lindland.

I would be intrigued as well, he really looks great right now. We'll see how things unfold on Aug. 1.

I like both the Diaz brothers but obviously, I like Nick the best. I was pulling for Nate but when he got up after round one or two (don't remember which) and put his hands up like he won the round I almost started pulling for Joe Daddy. He got his ass kicked that entire round and should've just went back to his corner and sat down.

Nate's a top jiu jitsu guy in the UFC's LW division but he basically has no standup and is controlled easily by stronger wrestlers.

I'm sure he'll improve but he needs to stop playing the bad guy role like his brother because he's not good enough to be talking all the smack that he does.

Yeah, that was after the first round. I definitely wanted him to lose. I am not a fan of the Diaz brothers, but I definitely respect their ability.

The funny thing to me is that it seems like Nick is trying to turn away from playing the bad guy. Some of it is probably from growing up a little, but from a lot of his comments recently, he seems like he wants more acceptance from fans. It never seemed like it mattered much to him (which is fine), but it seems like he is changing his tide a little.

The funny thing to me is that it seems like Nick is trying to turn away from playing the bad guy. Some of it is probably from growing up a little, but from a lot of his comments recently, he seems like he wants more acceptance from fans. It never seemed like it mattered much to him (which is fine), but it seems like he is changing his tide a little.

That's a possibility, but in the Scott Smith fight he was doing his regular taunting thing and he smacked Scott Smith's hand away when he tried to touch gloves with Nick at the start of the round.

He's usually pretty humble after a win and hugs his opponent or shakes hands but he just talked more **** about Smith in the microphone. He was talking about how they don't work very hard at Smith's gym or something lol.

Then I saw a post fight interview with him on Sherdog and he was talking about how he hates the sport of MMA. I think he's just playing into the bad guy thing and making himself a character, there's no way he really believes some of the stuff he says.

And I find myself, once again, laughing at the "cheech diaz" tag.

:D

That's a possibility, but in the Scott Smith fight he was doing his regular taunting thing and he smacked Scott Smith's hand away when he tried to touch gloves with Nick at the start of the round.

He's usually pretty humble after a win and hugs his opponent or shakes hands but he just talked more **** about Smith in the microphone. He was talking about how they don't work very hard at Smith's gym or something lol.

Then I saw a post fight interview with him on Sherdog and he was talking about how he hates the sport of MMA. I think he's just playing into the bad guy thing and making himself a character, there's no way he really believes some of the stuff he says.

Yeah, he talked a lot of smack about Smith, but I actually thought his stuff after the fight was kind of tame and actually 100% correct. Smith is a warrior, but he has some holes in his approach that if he ever fixed, he could be a much better fighter.

But after the Shamrock fight and I think after the Smith fight, he said something like "don't believe what you hear in the media" or "don't believe the prefight stuff." Which seems like he wants to be liked a little more. I assumed that he did not really care about what people believed about him. I don't know, I just thought it was a slight behavioral change.

Obviously, he is great for pre-fight hype and great in the mental game, but maybe it is more of a show from him than I thought. Maybe he is not as much of a punk as I thought he was. Maybe he is going all Dan Hardy on us all. I pretty much knew what Hardy was saying about Davis was b.s., but from Diaz through the years, I just assumed that's the way he was.

I am going to quit trying to analyze the minds of the Diaz brothers now. It will drive me nuts eventually. :D

:D

I have no problems with fighters not wanting to touch gloves. Diaz treats matches like they are fights. He has to to keep his game and mind right. No friendly stuff during the fight.

I think you misheard the stuff about Smith after the fight. He praised him big time and knocked his camp for leaking tips for beating Smith back to Diaz's camp, and knocked his camp for not being a good camp. Then he invited Smith to train with him because a better camp would do him good.

Watching the repeat of TUF finale.

Does anyone think Bisping has a shot against Hendo? This is going to be a brutal fight, with Bisping getting roughed up pretty good IMO.

i don't give him much of a shot

his best shot is to get on his bike and try and hit and run. i don't think he has the power to KO Hendo, nor do i think he can stop Hendo from taking him down

i got Hendo by Decision for that fight

Watching the repeat of TUF finale.

Does anyone think Bisping has a shot against Hendo? This is going to be a brutal fight, with Bisping getting roughed up pretty good IMO.

I have never been impressed with Michael Bisping and I haven't been real impressed with Hendo since he's been in the UFC.

Having said all that, I have to pick Henderson based solely on his career although it sure seems like Bisping has the mental edge judging from the way things were on the TUF show. 2 months ago I'd have said Hendo will decapitate him but now I'm not so sure.

I'm picking Hendo because it's stupid not to. That's why Bisping will win. :silly:

Does anyone think Alves can beat GSP? I think that fight is going to be awesome. Thiago has cement fists and he throws fast.....he also NEVER lets people take him down. But GSP is just so great all around.....hes a great fighter.

I think it would be cool to see Thiago beat him..