Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Hoped to talk about it on sherdog, but of course my mistake. I hate Brock as a human being, but he has legit gripes with his first fight with Mir.

He DEFINITELY hit Mir in the back of the head, and it deserved to be stood up. Not sure whether or not Mazz warned him. If not, then I agree with Brock.

What I DO KNOW is that it took Mazz forever to stop the fight. Brock tapped at least 5-6 times. Mazz took forever to stop the fight.

That being said, I hope Mir wins, but am lacking hope.

How can you hate Lesnar as a person? Do you know him personally?

I've read/seen enough of his interviews, both in his WWE days (not in character) and after. I've also read accounts from people that knew/know him from his days with the WWE behind the scenes. That's enough for me to pass judgement.

Did you know Hitler personally? Don't think knowing someone personally is a prerequisite for dislike.

Pretty happy today.. my girl and her magical talents was able to talk Comcast into giving us UFC 100 for free. Can't wait for this weekend now.

I'll do my picks now.

Lesnar over Mir

Alves over St. Pierre (Upset Pick)

Henderson over Bisping

Fitch over Thiago

Akiyama over Belcher

I think as far as odds go, GSP losing would be an upset but I wouldn't be too surprised if Alves wins. I also think they should move the Jon Jones/Jake O'Brien fight to the main card and the Coleman/Bonnar fight too. They may as well throw in a few extra since it's such a big event and all.

I can't wait until Saturday, I'm ordering this one in HD.

He DEFINITELY hit Mir in the back of the head, and it deserved to be stood up. Not sure whether or not Mazz warned him. If not, then I agree with Brock.

I hated that stand-up. Mir kept turning his head around so that every other of Brock's strikes would hit him on the back of the head. And from memory I don't think he warned Brock but I'd have to see it again.

UFC should air the UFC 100 undercard on Spike, theres some fights on there that could be the main event on UFC Fight Night cards.

Preliminary Bouts:

-Mark Coleman (15-9) vs. Stephan Bonnar (13-5)

-Mac Danzig (21-6-1) vs. Jim Miller (13-2)

-Jon Jones (8-0) vs. Jake O'Brien (11-2)

-Dong-Hyun Kim (11-0-1) vs. T.J. Grant (14-2)

-C.B. Dollaway (11-2) vs. Tom Lawlor (6-2)

-Matt Grice (9-2) vs. Shannon Gugerty (11-3)

I think as far as odds go, GSP losing would be an upset but I wouldn't be too surprised if Alves wins. I also think they should move the Jon Jones/Jake O'Brien fight to the main card and the Coleman/Bonnar fight too. They may as well throw in a few extra since it's such a big event and all.

I can't wait until Saturday, I'm ordering this one in HD.

I think Alves is going to be a test, but I still think GSP wins.

I don't think we are going to see many surprises, but I think we are going to see some great fights.

I think:

Lesnar def. Mir

GSP def. Alves

Hendo def. Bisping

Fitch def. Thiago

Akiyama def. Belcher

Although I could see Mir and Belcher pulling upsets.

I want to see the Jones-O'Brien and Bonnar-Coleman fights too, but I don't know if we will see both. I think we have the makings for some long fights on Saturday night. I am sure those are the two that they are going to try and work into the PPV portion from the undercard, but it may be tough.

I hated that stand-up. Mir kept turning his head around so that every other of Brock's strikes would hit him on the back of the head. And from memory I don't think he warned Brock but I'd have to see it again.

Yes, that was one of the worst stand ups I have seen in a while.

I think Alves is going to be a test, but I still think GSP wins.

I don't think we are going to see many surprises, but I think we are going to see some great fights.

Yeah I can see either GSP or Alves winning. I think Alves is going to be his toughest test in a long time, maybe ever. If he beats Alves, I think GSP would have solidified himself in the same company as Fedor and Anderson, especially if he finishes him.

I want to see the Jones-O'Brien and Bonnar-Coleman fights too, but I don't know if we will see both. I think we have the makings for some long fights on Saturday night. I am sure those are the two that they are going to try and work into the PPV portion from the undercard, but it may be tough.

Yep, I was just thinking that two of the bouts have the potential to be 5-rounds long so that could hurt those of us wanting to see some undercard bouts.

I've read/seen enough of his interviews, both in his WWE days (not in character) and after. I've also read accounts from people that knew/know him from his days with the WWE behind the scenes. That's enough for me to pass judgement.

Did you know Hitler personally? Don't think knowing someone personally is a prerequisite for dislike.

Comparing Lesnar to Hitler is a bit over the top, don't you think?

I just don't understand how you could say you don't like the guy as a person just because of what you've seen on TV. Alot of these guys put on a show for the fans every time the camera is on.

You don't know him as a person. He hasn't killed millions of people. He hasn't even killed anyone as far as I know.

Not liking the Lesnar you see on TV is entirely different than not liking him as a person, but that's your call to make, obviously. You're allowed to judge however you want.

Comparing Lesnar to Hitler is a bit over the top, don't you think?

I just don't understand how you could say you don't like the guy as a person just because of what you've seen on TV. Alot of these guys put on a show for the fans every time the camera is on.

You don't know him as a person. He hasn't killed millions of people. He hasn't even killed anyone as far as I know.

Not liking the Lesnar you see on TV is entirely different than not liking him as a person, but that's your call to make, obviously. You're allowed to judge however you want.

Do you really think I'm comparing Lesnar to Hitler, or using an example to illustrate how it's possible to dislike someone without knowing them personally?

I've given examples of things I've read over the years that have nothing to do with TV persona. I disliked him before he came to the UFC. No doubt that he is playing it up for the camera.

:laugh:

I know this has been discussed, but has anyone actually determined what in the hell the above laugh smiley is depicting exactly? Is it drooling? (Sorry, I realize this is not MMA related, just had to ask)

Edited by herrmag