Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

its going to continue Mon, Tues, Wed, and the top 10 will be counted down saturday at 9pm on Spike just before UFC 100 starts

Yeah, I'll be missing the final one. My flight back from Vegas doesn't land til 9:30. I wish we had booked the flight back on Sunday, would've been awesome to be in Vegas for UFC 100.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15421/former-champ-chuck-liddell-and-tapouts-mask-set-for-ufc-hall-of-fame-inductions.mma

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell and Charles Lewis Jr., the late co-founder of the popular TapouT company, will be the newest inductees into the UFC Hall of Fame.

UFC President Dana White today posted the news on his personal Twitter account.

The UFC Hall of Fame inductions take place this Friday, July 10, at 6:30 p.m. PT (local time) during the UFC Fan Expo at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Liddell and Lewis will join a list of UFC hall-of-famers that currently includes Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Randy Couture and Mark Coleman. Lewis will be the UFC Hall of Fame's first non-fighter inductee.

The 39-year-old Liddell was essentially a no-brainer as a choice for the hall. The MMA superstar is perhaps the most popular fighter in UFC history with a career 21-7 record, which includes a 16-6 mark in the UFC. His 16 wins in the organizations remain a UFC record.

"The Iceman," who turned pro in 1998, made his MMA and UFC debut at UFC 17. He won the UFC's light-heavyweight title in 2005 and made four consecutive title defenses before losing the belt to Quinton Jackson in 2007.

Although UFC President Dana White announced Liddell's retirement following the fighter's knockout loss to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua back in April, Liddell hasn't ruled out a return to the organization sometime in 2010.

Lewis, meanwhile, enters the hall posthumously. The longtime MMA enthusiast and UFC sponsor died in an automobile accident in California on March 11 when his vehicle was struck by another car.

Two days after the accident, the driver of the second car was charged with multiple felonies, including vehicular manslaughter and his third DUI offense.

Lewis, 45, founded TapouT Clothing Inc. in 1997 with a trunk full of T-shirts and a few thousand dollars of start-up money. Over the past decade, he and his partners have made the company the biggest apparel success story in MMA history.

Tapout, which grossed just $30,000 in sales in 1999, pushed that number to more than $100 million in 2008 alone. The company now has licensed retailers (including the likes of Dillard's and Champs) around the world and is one of the UFC's most prominent sponsors.

Lewis was a fixture at MMA events around the world, and his company sponsored numerous fighters. He also appeared in a TapouT TV show that airs on Versus.

Looks like Lorenzo Fertitta made Cro-Cop and offer he couldn't refuse....has someone been watching the Godfather too much?

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=27482

Mirko Cro Cop Actually Returning to UFC?, Fight Night Update

Reported By marcm0484

7/5/2009

AddThis

Partial source: MMAWeekly

- The UFC has officially announced their next Fight Night event will take place September 16th at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK. Tickets for the event go on sale next Saturday, July 11th. It will be the first time the UFC has made the trip to Oklahoma City, and the second time in the state itself. UFC 4 (featuring Royce Gracie's last tournament win) emanated from Tulsa, OK on December 16, 1994.

The event will serve as a lead-in to the tenth season of "The Ultimate Fighter." Currently the only bout lined up for the card is a lightweight showdown between Roger Huerta and Gray Maynard. The company will have a quick turnaround after this show, as UFC 103 is scheduled to take place three days later on September 19th.

- Less than a month after reportedly leaving the company after one fight, Mirko Cro Cop appears to be on the verge of re-signing with the UFC, says Croatian website Index.hr.

According to the report, UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta flew to Croatia to meet with Cro Cop. After two hours of talks, it seems Fertitta has convinced Cro Cop to return to the UFC, making him a very favorable offer. "A source tells us that Cro Cop got an offer that is simply non-refusable," the article states. "Cro Cop will almost certainly look at the returning to the strongest MMA league in the world currently knows."

Cro Cop left the UFC shortly after his UFC 99 bout on June 13, reportedly taking a deal with the Japanese based DREAM organization. One of Cro Cop's biggest problem with the proposed UFC deal he initially walked away from was the intervals between his fights. The UFC wanted the Croatian to fight every six months, while Cro Cop, stating that he was in the best shape of his life, wanted to fight more often.

I like the current UFC ring girls over another generic bleach blonde with fake boobs. Not that I mind looking at Holly Madison or anything, but I just think UFC's current ring girls are a nice change to what the typical look is.

Yeah, their current ring girls are very attractive and don't look very generic either. But like you said, I have no problems with watching Holly Madison carry around a card with the round # on it.

Pretty happy today.. my girl and her magical talents was able to talk Comcast into giving us UFC 100 for free. Can't wait for this weekend now.

I'll do my picks now.

Lesnar over Mir

Alves over St. Pierre (Upset Pick)

Henderson over Bisping

Fitch over Thiago

Akiyama over Belcher

Is it me or does anyone notice the lack of mainstream media exposure for UFC 100 that supposed to be their biggest show of all time?

Yeah I have noticed kinda disappointing to.

I was hoping for some good media HYPE all week this a huge event for MMA.

BJ Penn from mania through somewhere else:

“The training’s going great for UFC 101. I’m making sure not to overtrain. And, you know we started a couple months ago, and I’m training with Marv Marinovich, and we’ll be spending our last 8 weeks in California with a bunch of good training partners, with Marv Marinovich there, Jason Parillo will be there, Rudy Valentino’s gonna fly up, so I feel VERY good about this training camp … After we beat Kenny Florian on August 8th, come back, relax, and then, I don’t know, we’ll see how it all goes you know, I wanna get another title defense quick, right away, right after it so, we’ll see how it goes.”

------

Couple things:

1. That Marinovich thing is for real? I saw the little video about him training with Marinovich and while ago. I thought it was kind of a joke.

B. Sounds like there might be another opponent lined up for BJ if he wins. I wonder who it is. Edgar? I wouldn't think he would get a shot before Maynard after Maynard whooped him. Diego? That would stall the Florian-Diego fight I know they want. Winner of Huerta-Maynard? That seems like too long a wait for BJ if he wants to "get another title defense quick, right away, right after it..."

I'll go with Penn-Sanchez being announced right after The Flo get his fight finished.

Interesting stuff.

diego's getting the next title shot regardless of who wins at 101

BJ seems to be taking the fight seriously, he posted a vid on site of him weighing in, he looks to be in good shape

also i read that he had the Diaz bros. training with him to give him a feel for dealing with Florian's length

Florian's training with GSP, problem is, he doesn't have GSP's physical gifts.

i think BJ will win within the first 2 rounds

LOL, yeah, she has those too.

I don't really get offended.

well if thats the case, i respectfully ask to borrow your girl. i too would like to get this event for free :silly:

Edited by StillUnknown