Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just watched the serra/pierre fight, makes me wonder if pierre has the chin to handle someone with hard hands. Also, does this make a hughes/pierre rematch a #1 contenders match, I think it does. I've never been sold on pierre(good fighter not a legend like some make him out to be), he's flashy, hell last night I don't think he tried to throw but 1 punch, high kick, high kick, high kick, get knocked the **** out. Thats how it looked. Oh yeah I almost forgot, thank you Matt Serra for bringing the belt back to the US.

They are gonna feed Serra to Matt Hughes.. Hughes looked like he won the lottery last night..

Hughes won't have redemption til he fights pierre again and Dana White knows it, even if they have Hughes/Serra and Hughes win, no ones taking him seriously until he steps in there with Pierre again. I'm also of the belief Hughes is on the downward spiral of his career.

I actually ended up getting to see the event last night. Overall, a snoozer except for Serra's shocker over St. Pierre. George was unconscious for about 60 seconds. Scary.

I was just about to start booing Matt and George (after sitting thru the terrible Sanchez-Koschek fight) when Mat lit into St. Pierre like a tornado. He caught george with a sweet punch as they had their first real exchange. GSP went down and Serra got on top as they scrapped. GSP escaped, they went to their feet briefly. Matt caught him again and finished him with some serious G&P. Over, round 1.

Diego and Chris had about 1 minute of ground time in the 1st rd. The ENTIRE rest of the fight was standing and dancing. Kos had the best strikes throughout the fight but these 2 guys really stunk it up. The last round and a half was fought under a hail of boos from the crowd, as was the post fight interview. Kos definitely got the best of Sanchez, so he won a unanimous decision.

Mike "Quick" Swick sat down on his stool after the 1st rd of his fight and told his trainer, "Man, he's strong." Okami was indeed just too strong for Mike and kept him either up against the cage or on his back the entire fight. Swick was close to a getting a KO with some nice punches at the end of round 2, but lost a unanimous decision.

Huerta is an endless source of energy and overwhelmed a very game Garcia who gassed at the end of the second but fought a good enough third to stay alive. This was the most action-packed bout of the night. Unanimous decision for Huerta.

Kendall Grove and Alan Belcher fought a close 1st round. Grove choked him out in the 2nd.

Luke Cummo KOed Josh Taylor in the 2nd. Cummo is for real. He is a total oddball. He's a loner with a very nerdy demeanor and commentators last night said he drinks his own urine for some type of health purposes. all I know is he surprised everyone on TUF and he continues to do well in the octagon. Strange bird though.

I'm hoping this is the last we see of Taylor, the blue-haired weeper from TUF ("I fight for my wife and kids boo-hoo.." sort of like Anthony Bonsante from Contender:)) who dropped a lot of pounds since the reality show but has no business at this level. He woke up and tried to tackle the ref. :)

I heard heath herring beat Brad Imes but it wasn't broadcast last night so I don't know what the official result was. Anybody know how it ended?

Watched UFC 69 last night. Yeah, that was a pretty boring card, coming off a pretty boring live event on Spike. Although, their next live event on Spike looks pretty stacked.

Happy Diego lost, but damn that was boring.

I never would of picked Serra to win. And not only that, he won decisively and quickly. I think you definitely have to do GSP vs Hughes 3 to decide the No. 1 contender. I think theer are going to be doubters on both sides. People saying Hughes needs to prove himself and redeem himself for the loss against GSP, and people criticizing GSP and wondering if the Hughes win was a fluke.

I think they both have to prove a point in a rubber match.

Huerta and Garcia was definitely match of the night.

I was a little shocked about the result of the Swick vs Okami also. I don't think it was an "upset" though.

Watched UFC 69 last night. Yeah, that was a pretty boring card, coming off a pretty boring live event on Spike. Although, their next live event on Spike looks pretty stacked.

Happy Diego lost, but damn that was boring.

I never would of picked Serra to win. And not only that, he won decisively and quickly. I think you definitely have to do GSP vs Hughes 3 to decide the No. 1 contender. I think theer are going to be doubters on both sides. People saying Hughes needs to prove himself and redeem himself for the loss against GSP, and people criticizing GSP and wondering if the Hughes win was a fluke.

I think they both have to prove a point in a rubber match.

Huerta and Garcia was definitely match of the night.

I was a little shocked about the result of the Swick vs Okami also. I don't think it was an "upset" though.

Nope, Hughes gets Serra. Already decided that Hughes gets the winner. I honestly believe Hughes will be champ again. He matches up pretty well with Serra.

As for Diego.....I don't think it's humanly possible for me to hate a fighter more. What a ****ing mental midget. He got psyched out before the fight. I'm not ready to say he's done, but his confidence has been completely rocked, and when a retard's confidence gets rocked, they sometimes don't get it back. What a boring ass fight. I hate him and Kos. In fact, aside from Serra, I hate all of the TUF fighters. Honestly, who have any of them beat besides each other (aside from Serra)? Karo I guess......Anyways, I'll end my rant of hatred towards TUF. But damn, they continually ruin PPV after PPV.

As for Diego.....I don't think it's humanly possible for me to hate a fighter more. What a ****ing mental midget. He got psyched out before the fight. I'm not ready to say he's done, but his confidence has been completely rocked, and when a retard's confidence gets rocked, they sometimes don't get it back. What a boring ass fight. I hate him and Kos.

You're right. It's as though Diego was beaten after Koschek's first punch landed. I think Diego wanted to overwhelm Chris and when he caught a punch and realized Chris' stand-up had improved a lot, he knew he had no gameplan left. He can't wrestle with Kos so when he couldn't get a solid strike on him, Diego just waited 3 rounds for a mistake by Kos- which never came.

Yeah, I was not impressed by UFC 69. The next even should be much better.

I am not crazy about Diaz, but I really don't like Koschek. That man seems like the type of ass that I cannot root for at all.

Serra is a cool guy, so it was kind of neat to see him get that win against GSP. And he was very gracious in victory, telling GSP that he's "the future." I'll say that I am happy to see so many American collegiate wrestlers doing so well in MMA. (Of course, dating back to Frye and Severn, American wrestlers have done well since the early days...)

Diaz's win over Gomi is now rules a NO CONTEST.http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3754&zoneid=2

In fact, aside from Serra, I hate all of the TUF fighters. Honestly, who have any of them beat besides each other (aside from Serra)? Karo I guess......Anyways, I'll end my rant of hatred towards TUF. But damn, they continually ruin PPV after PPV.

I don't consider Serra a TUF fighter. I mean he already was in the UFC.

I don't consider Serra a TUF fighter. I mean he already was in the UFC.

Valid point. Also, I failed to mention that I still like Griffin. He's a goofy son of a *****, but he has no arrogance, and no delusions of grandeur over how good (or bad) he is. He also has exciting fight after exciting fight. He's still a TUF'er, and in my opinion, will never be a top flight fighter. However, unlike Dip **** Diego and Koschek, he doesn't have that ego.

Valid point. Also, I failed to mention that I still like Griffin. He's a goofy son of a *****, but he has no arrogance, and no delusions of grandeur over how good (or bad) he is. He also has exciting fight after exciting fight. He's still a TUF'er, and in my opinion, will never be a top flight fighter. However, unlike Dip **** Diego and Koschek, he doesn't have that ego.

Thing about Serra is he can beat anyone and lose to anyone at about the same odds. He's got super heavy hands and can plunk somebody wherever he is. He deserves to be a champion, I've always believed the guy is an outstanding fighter. I think he has a chance to take out Hughes also. Hughes has lost that overwhelming brute strength that enabled him to toss cats around the ring. He needs to work on the technical side like never before, and his standup DEFINITLY needs help against someone like Serra. Hughes may have been elated to see GSP lose, but he should count his blessings before he gets in to the ring with Serra...because Serra is hitting his peak.

As far as Forrest, what is there not to like about the guy? I mean yes, he choked against Jardine...but everyone has those days. He probably thought it'd be just as much of a walkthrough as the rest of us. Don't count him out just yet. He has a cast iron jaw, he just needs a more effective offense. Give him a couple years...he might do something special one day.

Diego looked like he almost threw the fight on purpose. Like he WANTED that loss. He threw maybe 1 or 2 effective strikes and they missed by 3 feet. He made Koscheck's lead hand look like a 4x5 war shield. He had Kos's back at the end of the 1st round pretty well. He was obviously intimidated by Kos's wrestling background to not go for that again, and he also made Kos's ****ed right hand look like a german shepard ready to bite him on the face. A total intimidation by Koscheck. Diego owes me 20 dollars.

Diaz's win over Gomi is now rules a NO

Yeah, I don't know what to make of it. I think he should be suspended for using a banned substance, but I don't know if the ruling should be a No Contest. Supposedly, his THC levels were at 175, which is BEYOND normal, even for stoners. I don't know how true that is. But, regardless, could it have helped him by numbing the pain from having his eye socket broken? I don't know about that.

And before we delve back into the great Pot debate, remember, it is in fact a banned substance, so anyone that takes a banned substance, regardless of what it is, should be suspended. MMA is trying to legitimize itself in this country. They are starting to shed the image of dumb thugs and are now being looked at as athletes. Why should they be held to any less restrictions than the NFL?

UFC: 70 is FREE of charge. Finally. A fighting event that is going to be treated like a regular sporting event. This is awesome. It's on SATURDAY at 9 PM. Ratings will be key here guys. The country needs to show enough interest for UFC to rack in the same $$$ as their pay-per-view events. Cro Cop is fighting a pretty hefty dude. But I still have Cro Cop winning late in the 1st round.

I don't blame them for making UFC: 71 pay-per-view. Everyone will want to see Liddell fight Rampage. They will profit off of that. But as far as making UFC different than any other fighting sport will be putting it in the mainstream. Hopefully, soon, UFC will end up on a main network like the other big 3 sports. Tune in and watch arguably the best stand up striker in the MMA world, Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic. Saturday night at 9 on Spike TV.

UFC: 70 is FREE of charge. Finally. A fighting event that is going to be treated like a regular sporting event. This is awesome. It's on SATURDAY at 9 PM. Ratings will be key here guys. The country needs to show enough interest for UFC to rack in the same $$$ as their pay-per-view events. Cro Cop is fighting a pretty hefty dude. But I still have Cro Cop winning late in the 1st round.

I don't know if I can handle the five hour delay + commercials. I'll probably DL it or watch it @ UK time. Best bet for people who don't want to be spoiled it to stay away from MMA sites/forums/this thread.

UFC: 70 is FREE of charge. ... Tune in and watch arguably the best stand up striker in the MMA world, Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic. Saturday night at 9 on Spike TV.

WHAT? I had not heard this. That's awesome!! I'll have to hit the UFC website to confirm.

I don't know if I can handle the five hour delay + commercials. I'll probably DL it or watch it @ UK time. Best bet for people who don't want to be spoiled it to stay away from MMA sites/forums/this thread.

Wow thank God you mentioned that. I would have most definitely ran in to the decision of that. No TV or radio for me Saturday. Not even gonna talk to friends. Gonna block some of thier butts on AIM!

I don't blame them for making UFC: 71 pay-per-view. Everyone will want to see Liddell fight Rampage. They will profit off of that. But as far as making UFC different than any other fighting sport will be putting it in the mainstream. Hopefully, soon, UFC will end up on a main network like the other big 3 sports. Tune in and watch arguably the best stand up striker in the MMA world, Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic. Saturday night at 9 on Spike TV.

I saw this commercial last night, and the replay of Royce Gracie losing to Matt Hughes and let me just say it's heartbreaking to watch your heroes lose:(

But NOBODY can beat Rickson Gracie!:mad:

Wait.. It says 9pm. Are you saying there will be ways to watch it earlier because of UK time, or are you saying results will be on the internet or news outlets before Spike airs it at 9? (Or both?)

I saw this commercial last night, and the replay of Royce Gracie losing to Matt Hughes and let me just say it's heartbreaking to watch your heroes lose:(

But NOBODY can beat Rickson Gracie!:mad:

Rickson? That guy is the biggest fraud ever. Who has he faught? Kazushi "The Gracie Hunter" Sakuraba's anti-jui jitsu style scared him off. Sakuraba got out of that crap like Chuck gets out of Tito's takedowns. Various organizations affiliated with Rickson came out claiming his record was around 400-0 counting all the fights that were never televised. Well, why does he shy away from anything that isn't Jui Jitsu. I'll tell you why, cuz he's addicted to it too much to stand in the ring with someone with heavy hands and knees. Numbers don't impress me, I respect Randy "15-8" Couture way more than I can respect Rickson. Gracie Shmacie.