Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wait.. It says 9pm. Are you saying there will be ways to watch it earlier because of UK time, or are you saying results will be on the internet or news outlets before Spike airs it at 9? (Or both?)

It will most likely be on the internet before it airs on Spike. I'm sure somebody on the internet will make it available since it should be on UK PPV.

Rickson? That guy is the biggest fraud ever. Who has he faught? Kazushi "The Gracie Hunter" Sakuraba's anti-jui jitsu style scared him off. Sakuraba got out of that crap like Chuck gets out of Tito's takedowns. Various organizations affiliated with Rickson came out claiming his record was around 400-0 counting all the fights that were never televised. Well, why does he shy away from anything that isn't Jui Jitsu. I'll tell you why, cuz he's addicted to it too much to stand in the ring with someone with heavy hands and knees. Numbers don't impress me, I respect Randy "15-8" Couture way more than I can respect Rickson. Gracie Shmacie.

Heres a LEGEND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VSpTz4cGc

Rickson Gracie over 400 wins under his belt.

Rickson was the perfect Gracie to beat Sakuraba it just never happened.

Heres a LEGEND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VSpTz4cGc

Rickson Gracie over 400 wins under his belt.

Rickson was the perfect Gracie to beat Sakuraba it just never happened.

That's right and it's cuz he was too hesitant to get his record ruined in Pride. It just never happened my butt. Rickson boosted his record against people with half the talent as the elite fighters in Pride and UFC. That's pretty weird. His 13 MMA wins come against fighters that weren't really good at all. If he was so good, why not become champ? Guess numbers are more important than championships.

I wouldn't hesitate to pay $40 to see him challenge Anderson Silva.

That's right and it's cuz he was too hesitant to get his record ruined in Pride. It just never happened my butt. Rickson boosted his record against people with half the talent as the elite fighters in Pride and UFC. That's pretty weird. His 13 MMA wins come against fighters that weren't really good at all. If he was so good, why not become champ? Guess numbers are more important than championships.

I wouldn't hesitate to pay $40 to see him challenge Anderson Silva.

You're just lucky Rickson will never fight again but I cant wait until Liddell loses again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAfwtpUZGc theres something for you to look forward to

You're just lucky Rickson will never fight again but I cant wait until Liddell loses again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAfwtpUZGc theres something for you to look forward to

Right. I'm lucky. I'm not saying Rickson didn't have talent...but he's kind of a fokelore figure because of his record. And it wasn't even against good fighters.

The Japanese version of the Liddell/Rampage fight is on Limewire. The audio around the ring is better and you can actually hear the connections on Liddell's face and midsection very clearly. Sad to watch for a fan like myself, but at least it was to Rampage, who I like also.

As far as that fight, it may have had a few factors that greatly benefitted Rampage. 1) Liddell in a boxing ring is much less effective than Liddell in a larger octagon. 2) Liddell was half the fighter he is now. After he lost to Couture, he became determined to be unstoppable. He's hasn't been taking **** at all. 3) Liddell's confidence in his game enables him to throw with extreme violence and precision. Look at his face in the beginning of that fight, he looks very unsure of himself. He is simply a different fighter.

As far as Rampage, this will be Liddell's toughest avenging of a loss. Randy was older, and Liddell surpassed his striking ability. He also has developed his sprawl in to one of the best of all time. Rampage is a wrestler, but I think it's not a good idea to take Chuck down. When he sprawls he hits you with about 3 or 4 punches that are incredibly effective. Rampage also has a great boxing technique, and Chuck tried boxing him last fight. Not a good idea, as stated in the Ali thread. :laugh: Rampage also gasses easily. He wastes energy trying to go for violent attacks and slams and it always has hurt him for fights to go in to later rounds. I see him gassing against Chuck, trying to teach him a lesson that Chuck can't beat him.

But after seeing what happened to Cro Cop, along with St. Pierre, there's no freaking telling anymore.

But after seeing what happened to Cro Cop, along with St. Pierre, there's no freaking telling anymore.

No telling whatsoever. I know I mentioned to you, Stroke, that I liked what I saw in Gonzaga. I didn't know he was gonna mop the cage with Mirko like that though. Shocking dominance, shocking KO. I'm still a bit stunned. :)

I was just thinking that other than Kongo, there isn't really a fight out there right now for Cro-Cop or Arlovski except to fight eachother. Their performances at UFC 70 basically sealed their fates for an upcoming bout at UFC 73 or 74. What do you guys think about this matchup?

I was just thinking that other than Kongo, there isn't really a fight out there right now for Cro-Cop or Arlovski except to fight eachother. Their performances at UFC 70 basically sealed their fates for an upcoming bout at UFC 73 or 74. What do you guys think about this matchup?

I think Sylvia has to be in the mix there, same with Nogueira. I think that matchup has retirement written all over it for Cro Cop. He looked and faught tentatively, and doesn't seem comfortable in the octagon. And while Arlovski doesn't have the explosiveness Gonzaga does, he will do anything not to lose. I see takedowns and submission attempts all fight long.

Thing with Cro Cop, the man doesn't have much defense, and his ground game would be awful if it wasn't for his knack for pulling a submission every so often. It's hard to tell when or if CC's prime has passed him by. Switching to UFC, losing so convincingly to Gonzaga, on top of the severe injury he probably sustained...one more loss and he might just say **** it. Otherwise, Arlovski should fight Nogueira . Then the winner can fight Sylvia to see who fights the winner of Couture vs. Gonzaga.

Crop Cop can have great fights with:

Tim Sylvia

Brandon Vera

Big Nog

Thats a year worth of fights I really want to see right there. Especially the Sylvia fight, but especially the Vera fight.

I think Sylvia has to be in the mix there, same with Nogueira. I think that matchup has retirement written all over it for Cro Cop. He looked and faught tentatively, and doesn't seem comfortable in the octagon. And while Arlovski doesn't have the explosiveness Gonzaga does, he will do anything not to lose. I see takedowns and submission attempts all fight long.

Thing with Cro Cop, the man doesn't have much defense, and his ground game would be awful if it wasn't for his knack for pulling a submission every so often. It's hard to tell when or if CC's prime has passed him by. Switching to UFC, losing so convincingly to Gonzaga, on top of the severe injury he probably sustained...one more loss and he might just say **** it. Otherwise, Arlovski should fight Nogueira . Then the winner can fight Sylvia to see who fights the winner of Couture vs. Gonzaga.

I lost 100$ in that fight!:mad:

The man was favored 10 to 1, and this was suppose to be just a stepping stone, so what happened?

I did some digging around and I find out that CroCop had foot surgery and has talked about retireing before.

He never recovered from his injurys he took from previous fights.

I suspect that he would have retired from Pride once his contract ran out, but he won that tourny back in November.

He got an offer he couldn't refuse and took it, mean while UFC and the fans get screwed.

He's going to finish his contract out with UFC and retire.

Atleast that's what I read on the forums at sherdog.com

That CC you just watched isn't the CC the world has grown to love.

You say his defense is weak? When he is on he is the hardest man to hit, he has the best feet of any heavy wieght and can move out of the way lightening fast.

He's cool under pressure and will dodge strikes with the slightest of movements then unleash a counter of his own.

Gonzaga should have never caught that leg for the take down, but CC was so punchy he barely hit him with that leg.

Normal CC would have blasted him with that leg.

Arlovski was punchy to, and he looked really stiff, any stand up guy would have gotten Arlovski in some big time trouble.

A lot of these top fighters are now slowly becoming has beens.

I suspect the Iceman Rampage fight is going to be a little slow like the Silvia Arlovski 3 fight........well maybe not that slow.

That's the bad news, the good news is that there are plenty of hungery fighters to replace them.

Some of them are very impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 71 = Meh. Only fight I'm looking fowars to is Rampage-Chuck. I'm still riding for Page

UFC 72 = Wack. How is Franklin-Kampmann a main event? That better be free since it's in Ireland.

UFC 73 = Awesome. 2 title fights, Big Nogs debut against Herring, and Tito-Rashad.

Seriously where the hell is Pride?

UFC 71 = Meh. Only fight I'm looking fowars to is Rampage-Chuck. I'm still riding for Page

UFC 72 = Wack. How is Franklin-Kampmann a main event? That better be free since it's in Ireland.

UFC 73 = Awesome. 2 title fights, Big Nogs debut against Herring, and Tito-Rashad.

Seriously where the hell is Pride?

i heard UFC 72 would be shown on Spike TV, it better be cuz i'm not paying for that ppv (thank god for high quality streams :applause: )

73 is lookin to be one the UFC strongest cards in a loooooong time.

• 1 month later...

They could introduce Fedor... :fingersx:

They have a way of introducing fighters at events, albeit larger events. Nog and Henderson recently. Silva, Shogun, Fedor, I'd be excited if any top-tier fighter came to the UFC. They especially need to recruit some of the talent from Japan in to the LW division. I think Gomi would walk all over the LW division. Sherk is being tested soon but if he wins that handely then who else is there?