Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just a reminder in the middle of the Baroni/Shamrock discussion:

TUF 5 Finale' is on Saturday night at 9 on Spike TV. Should be a great night of fights. The two undercard fights I'll definitley be watching are Roger Huerta vs. Doug Evans & Floyd Sword vs. Thales Leites. Those 4 guys have some sweet records they're walking in with.

Of course, the Pulver/Penn rematch is going to be off the hook. Those two guys are all-out warriors. I think I'm gonna take Pulver, although they match up very well with each other. If B.J. gets him down again, I think Pulver is is trouble. No bell saving this time. But I believe Jens will nail him with some of those straight lefts and ring his bell before that happens. Should be very entertaining.

Baby Jay is winning this by any way he wants. Pulver got beat by Lauzon and his stand up game is suspect.

Baby Jay is winning this by any way he wants. Pulver got beat by Lauzon and his stand up game is suspect.

I definitely feel that BJ is going in wanting it more and has more to prove. He wants to avenge his loss to Jens, but also lost a close decision to GSP and lost to Hughes. He's looking to get back on the horse while Jens is contemplating retirement. I think that pretty much says it all.

With that said, I'm still really looking forward to the fight as well as Diaz vs Manny. I've underestimated Manny this whole seaosn, but even so, I am still going with Diaz for the win by submission in the second. Diaz was my pick from the start, so I have to ride this out with him.

On a completely different note, I finally watched UFC 72 and I have to say that Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida definitely stole the show. That was one of the most exciting fights I've ever seen in the UFC. Although, much like everyone else, I do believe that Guida won the fight and should of gotten the nod, nonetheless, it was a close one.

for all those who have Sopcast, the channel for tonights fights is 24267

on a sidenote, i can't guarantee how good the quality of the stream will be, but in the past sopcast has been pretty reliable.

Muchas gracias amigo.... If the quality stinks I'll just DL it tomorrow. :notworthy

Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill has been confirmed for UFC 75.

personally i wish they would stop protecting Bisping (and other fighters from the reality show) and put him in with some real competition. this is designed to be a showcase for Bisping, but i would not be suprised to see Hamill win by a boring lay n pray decision. i don't think Bisping can stop his takedowns.

Williams scored a takedown in round one but couldn't keep Buentello down, I think Buentello did enough to win the first.

Ten seconds into the second Buentello scores a TKO victory after some nice uppercuts to the face.

Joey Villasenor vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua is the next bout.

Good first round, Villasenor caught Rua early in round one and took him down, Rua recovered and probably took the round with some good ground work.

Rua pressed the action in round two, Villasenor didn't back down. Rua kept landing rights and finally put Villasenor away with one of them to win the Middleweight title.

Cung Le vs. Tony Fryklund up next.

Le dominated round one. Landed kicks at will, knocked Fryklund down but didn't put him away.

Probably give round two to Le, Fryklund finally started to go on the offensive but Le is still landing some good strikes.

Game over. Le smoked Fryklund with some excellent strikes in early round 3 to score the TKO win.

Main Event coming up Baroni vs. Shamrock

Shamrock knocked down Baroni. Phil barely held on and survived the initial attack. Shamrock got a point taken off for strikes to the back of the head. Frank really pressed Phil towards the end of the round and totally dominated. The only thing Baroni did was score some takedowns but did nothing with them. Baroni is really gassed but has survived round one.

Cung Le...first time seeing him fight, and now he's one of my favorite fighters. lol

Cung Le was exiting but damn they should have got off his nuts. Glazier was right about Fryklund taking it to the ground. That had to be one of the worst gameplans I've seen.