Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If I never saw Sherk fight again I would not be sad. He never tries to finish a fight. He puts himself in great position only to lay there and then switch to another position so the ref doesn't stand him up.

I think I over estimated Rashad. How did he think he won the fight? What is he doing with all that energy after the fight when he didn't do anything until the last 90 seconds?

Props to Kenny for calling out fighters who aren't looking to finish.

Pretty decent night of fights. I hope Silva finally gets the respect he deserves. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people think he is a GOOD champion. I think he may be the best p4p fighter in the UFC right now.

What the hell are they doing up at Big Bear? Rashad outlasted Tito. Tito constantly talks about conditioning, etc, and he was gassed by the beginning of the third round. If that was a title fight, I think Rashad would've won it.

Every other fight I think was pretty much predictable, which is an oddity. I'm just curious; Had it been someone other than Big Nog, would the referee have stopped the fight? Had it been another ref, would we be talking about the upset?

Pretty decent night of fights. I hope Silva finally gets the respect he deserves. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people think he is a GOOD champion. I think he may be the best p4p fighter in the UFC right now.

What the hell are they doing up at Big Bear? Rashad outlasted Tito. Tito constantly talks about conditioning, etc, and he was gassed by the beginning of the third round. If that was a title fight, I think Rashad would've won it.

Every other fight I think was pretty much predictable, which is an oddity. I'm just curious; Had it been someone other than Big Nog, would the referee have stopped the fight? Had it been another ref, would we be talking about the upset?

I agree on all counts. Especially the last one. I think a lot of refs would have stopped that fight, so I am glad we had that one. Comebacks after flash knockouts are classic.

I still haven't seen a replay of Silva knocking out Nate. I don't know if I missed it, or they just didn't show it after the fight. Was it a good stoppage?

I agree on all counts. Especially the last one. I think a lot of refs would have stopped that fight, so I am glad we had that one. Comebacks after flash knockouts are classic.

I still haven't seen a replay of Silva knocking out Nate. I don't know if I missed it, or they just didn't show it after the fight. Was it a good stoppage?

Yes, it was. Silva rocked Marquardt, who ultimately ended up on his back, and Silva proceeded to pound on Nate. Nate stopped defending himself and tried to turn away from the punches. It was a good stoppage. Marquardt wasn't coming back in this fight.

Yes, it was. Silva rocked Marquardt, who ultimately ended up on his back, and Silva proceeded to pound on Nate. Nate stopped defending himself and tried to turn away from the punches. It was a good stoppage. Marquardt wasn't coming back in this fight.

Yeah, I saw Nate go down and and start to turn away, I just couldn't tell how hurt he was. I also remember seeing him wince when the first shot on his back happened. I didn't see him go limp or his eyes roll back. When the doctors were looking at him I couldn't tell if he was pissed off because he got caught or pissed off at the stoppage.

I saw that article but didn't click on it thinking it would be just recap. You would think that announcement would garner its own headline.

I think Sherk might have trouble taking BJ down. I'm sure that Sherk will cause no damage to BJ. He might be able to lay on him enough to win the judges favor, but I think BJ is too skilled for him.

people talk about Silva's striking, but they tend to leave out how good he is defending himself on the ground. before the fight with Nate people said he had a weak takedown defense because of the Lutter fight (even though Silva had surgery on both knees just 11weeks before that fight). his jiu-jitsu is great at defending subs, and getting back to his feet. not to mention he pretty good at striking off his back. take a look at this transition, that effectively set up the end for Nate (who is a ground wizard in his own right):

MMAAndersonSilvatransitionagainstMa.gif

Silva is as well-rounded a fighter that there is in the ufc at the moment. if the fight is standing he going to pick you apart. if you take him down, he has the ability to defend submissions, apply his own submissions, or use his jiu-jitsu to get back to his feet.

on top of everything he's an extremely focused fighter and takes every fight seriously, and shows respect to his opponents after KO'ng them :laugh:

Silva is goin to hold that MW belt for a long time.

now that i think of it, i would much rather see Hendo fight Silva than Rampage, that would have the potential to be a classic fight :2cents:

Thanks for providing the link. I needed to re-watch it. Silva is just SICK. That's all there is to it. I wish he would move up to LHW. I'm not sure if he could be as effective, but he's going to clear out (if he hasn't already cleared out) the MW division.

BTW, why the hell was the Kenny Florian fight AFTER the main event? Does anyone know?

Thanks for providing the link. I needed to re-watch it. Silva is just SICK. That's all there is to it. I wish he would move up to LHW. I'm not sure if he could be as effective, but he's going to clear out (if he hasn't already cleared out) the MW division.

BTW, why the hell was the Kenny Florian fight AFTER the main event? Does anyone know?

I think he is too small for LHW.

Florian's fight is what they call a "swing bout". It is a fight they anticipate having time to air before the main event, but if everything is running long, comes on after the main event.

I think he is too small for LHW.

Florian's fight is what they call a "swing bout". It is a fight they anticipate having time to air before the main event, but if everything is running long, comes on after the main event.

Hmmm, we actually DVR'd it, and went to a bar after the Tito fight, so it didn't seem to me that the PPV ran all that long. I didn't realize it did. Nothing like ending the night on a "finish" by K-flo. After all, there's Sherk and Florian, and then there's everyone else. :doh: :rolleyes: Sorry, I just find him hilarious.

Hmmm, we actually DVR'd it, and went to a bar after the Tito fight, so it didn't seem to me that the PPV ran all that long. I didn't realize it did. Nothing like ending the night on a "finish" by K-flo. After all, there's Sherk and Florian, and then there's everyone else. :doh: :rolleyes: Sorry, I just find him hilarious.

The first 3 fights went the distance with one of those going 5 rounds. If a couple of those ended eraly they would have put the Florian match before the main event, but if that fight went the distance they wouldn't have had time for the main event, so it gets bumped until after if there is time. Ironically Marquartd has been in a few swing bouts that never make it to air which is why he has only been on tv a couple times.

So when Anderson Silva knocks Rich Franklin out again, do you think Franklin will go up to 205 where he probably really belongs? What else would he do at 185 having lost to the champ twice?

Good question. I don't know that he really wants anything to do with the likes of a Dan Henderson and/or Rua. He might like a match with Jackson though. I think their styles match up pretty well. Seeing him fight Chuck would be interesting, but I'd have to predict a flash KO by Chuck. Franklin's chin has never been rock solid.

That's hard to say. Fighters train for the fight and expend energy based on how long they have to go. Tito trained and fought a 3 round fight. One thing I did notice, Rahad said he was going to beat Tito at his own game, strength and take downs. I think he had a rude awakening as Tito looked much stronger in round 1 and two then Rashad did. If not for the point being taken from Tito (which was the right call) Tito wins the fight.

Rashad better stop talking **** and step up his game for the rematch. Rashad didn't really do anything that whole fight expect sit by the fence and defend.

That's hard to say. Fighters train for the fight and expend energy based on how long they have to go. Tito trained and fought a 3 round fight. One thing I did notice, Rahad said he was going to beat Tito at his own game, strength and take downs. I think he had a rude awakening as Tito looked much stronger in round 1 and two then Rashad did. If not for the point being taken from Tito (which was the right call) Tito wins the fight.

Rashad better stop talking **** and step up his game for the rematch. Rashad didn't really do anything that whole fight expect sit by the fence and defend.

Also- If Tito had another 5 seconds at the end of the 2nd round, Evans would have been choked out.