Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

"McFedries remains in the hospital and has had a [sizable] piece of his leg removed" I wanna see a pic of that. Damn and he was coming up too. Yeah dirty mats will mess you up. Miletich cant afford people to clean mats or is he trying to keep it old school?

i'm still hopin for an eventual match-up between McFredries and Terry Martin

that match would be all bombs, ending with someone getting brutally KO'd

i'm still hopin for an eventual match-up between McFredries and Terry Martin

that match would be all bombs, ending with someone getting brutally KO'd

You're going to have to wait a very long time to see Drew fight again:

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/08/14/report-drew-mcfedries-out-six-to-eight-months/

Miletich Fighting Systems’ Drew McFedries will be out of action for six to eight months following a nasty staph infection that’s wreaked havoc on one of his legs.

----

It says the infection grew to the size of a football.

MMA sucks. WHo wants to see guys laying on top of each other for 80% of every round. I'd rather watch boxing or streetfighting. At least these guys have to attack.

you obviously don't watch much if you think they are on the ground 80% of every round

at least watch the product before you make dumbass statements.

MMA sucks. WHo wants to see guys laying on top of each other for 80% of every round. I'd rather watch boxing or streetfighting. At least these guys have to attack.

Yeah that is a dumbass statement. You obviously haven't seen a match with Chuck Liddell, Wandelei Silva, Shogun or a host of other strikers...

Not to mention MMA outsells boxing everytime there is a PPV

you obviously don't watch much if you think they are on the ground 80% of every round

at least watch the product before you make dumbass statements.

Well, there wouldn't be any dumbasses in this world if people didn't comment on things they knew nothing about. Besides, he's obviously just a drive-by troller. I'm sure somehow this helped his confidence in the real world. :doh:

Kevin Randleman arrested for DUI suspicion and other charges:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8637

Funny, we were just talking about him the other day. I still can't wait for him to come back.

I guess he's fun because he is a nutjob, but he's not going to challenge for a belt. Aside from his flash KO of Cro Cop, who has he beaten? His interviews make me dizzy, btw.... :laugh:

I guess he's fun because he is a nutjob, but he's not going to challenge for a belt. Aside from his flash KO of Cro Cop, who has he beaten? His interviews make me dizzy, btw.... :laugh:

Besides Cro Cop, he hasn't really beaten anyone, he's definitely not scared to fight anyone though. He's fought most of the best fighters in MMA (he hasn't won of course, but you can't have your cake and eat it too I guess:) ).

He's one of those guys that I suspected was on the juice way before any of these guys started testing positive. He's just too big and too cut to be natural.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4533&zoneid=2

The UFC today announced the signing of former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

In an article with UFC.com’s Thomas Gherbasi, the UFC announced that Silva will return to fight for the UFC for the first time in seven years. He last fought in the Octagon in April of 2000, losing a decision to Tito Ortiz at UFC 25.

Silva’s return is slated for sometime in December. Although no date or opponent was announced, it is likely that “The Axe Murder” will make his return on the December 29 year-end extravaganza.

Both Silva and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell have stated several times that they would like to face each other and UFC President Dana White has tried for years to put that fight together, so it would not be a stretch to believe that Silva vs. Liddell is the likely match-up for Silva’s return.

its finally official :applause:

ufc_77_poster.jpg

Sylvia vs. Vera is official

on another note, UFC is doin Silva dirty by having the fight in Cincy, then naming the event Hostile Territory. When Silva rearranges Franklins face again, the fans will boo him if he's lucky and probably throw **** at him.:doh:

I disagree. Let's be honest. Silva isn't a good headliner because he barely speaks English, and isn't flamboyant. They needed to sell the fight if it is going to be the main event. So, the only one of them that is going to pull fans is Franklin, so why not put it in his backyard to ensure the place is packed? And yes, Silva is going to knock his nose straight (after having knocked it crooked). :) Must admit though, I am a Franklin fan. Nothing but class. The same can be said for Silva though.

Well, the last time he was in the UFC, he was almost KTFO by Tito. Let's hope he performs better. ;)

That's actually saying quite a bit, considering at that time Tito was one of the best fighters in the world. Plus, right after that loss Silva went on a streak of winning that lasted four years!

That's actually saying quite a bit, considering at that time Tito was one of the best fighters in the world. Plus, right after that loss Silva went on a streak of winning that lasted four years!

Don't get all upset... :laugh: Tito has never been one of the best in the world. He's been one of the best (if not the best at the time) in the UFC. That being said, we all know Wandy's an accomplished fighter, I just like to poke fun at his lackluster performance in the UFC. ;)

I disagree. Let's be honest. Silva isn't a good headliner because he barely speaks English, and isn't flamboyant.

I don't know man. He's one of the most entertaining fighters in the business, his fighting style is entertaining enough to make up for the language barrier. He fights a true Muay Thai style, not just bits and pieces of it and the fans love it. Fedor barely speaks English but his fights are always entertaining. I'm not saying that AS is as good as Fedor, but he is entertaining.

I disagree. Let's be honest. Silva isn't a good headliner because he barely speaks English, and isn't flamboyant. They needed to sell the fight if it is going to be the main event. So, the only one of them that is going to pull fans is Franklin, so why not put it in his backyard to ensure the place is packed? And yes, Silva is going to knock his nose straight (after having knocked it crooked). :) Must admit though, I am a Franklin fan. Nothing but class. The same can be said for Silva though.

Silva is making an effort to learn english, he's a long way away, but he is trying. You could make a strong argument that Silva is the most exciting fighter in the UFC at the moment and i just don't agree with how the UFC has gone about this. yes they need to sell the fight, but when was the last time the challenger had a homefield advantage in a championship fight (not that Silva will care, as he destroyed Lee Murray in front of a mega crowd in Britain).

I just think that the UFC is setting Silva up to be disrespected after the fight, in which he will be heavily booed no matter how dominant he is in the fight. i understand that the UFC would prefer Franklin to be the posterboy for the MW division but to set Silva up for disrespect is just a shady move in my opinion.

Josh Koscheck is one of my 3 favorite fighters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Albsb25QGbRijn9K8n.NLls5nYcB?slug=ki-082207koscheck&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LAS VEGAS – There are plenty of uncertainties regarding the welterweight title elimination bout between Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck at UFC 74 on Saturday at Mandalay Bay.

No one can be certain whether St. Pierre's claim to be mentally over his upset title loss to Matt Serra on April 7 is correct.

No one is sure whether Koscheck's game is well-rounded enough to defeat a superb all-around fighter like St. Pierre.

And no one knows if St. Pierre will be able to cope with Koscheck's world-class wrestling.

But what seems certain almost beyond doubt is that the first time Koscheck's face is shown on the video boards inside the arena, the sellout crowd will respond with a loud, resounding and lusty jeer.

Koscheck, 29, has somehow become a villain to a large contingent of UFC fans, though he gruffly says he doesn't care.

If playing the bad guy role is what it takes to make him a draw in the UFC, he's willing to play along.

"I don't mind it, because bad guys make money too," said Koscheck, who was the NCAA Division I champion at 174 pounds while wrestling for Edinboro State outside of Pittsburgh in 2001. "If that's the perception the fans have of me, that's fine. I can't change it. But if they at least have an opinion one way or the other, it's better."

Koscheck has a point. The May 5 boxing match between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr. became the best-selling fight in history, amassing more than 2 million pay-per-view buys and generating over $150 million in gross revenue.

A large contingent watched to root for De La Hoya, long the good guy in boxing promotions. And just as many came to root against Mayweather, who has slipped comfortably into the bad guy persona.

From that standpoint, Koscheck is hardly concerned.

"You'd rather them have a very strong opinion about you, one way or the other," he says. "You either want them to really care for you and live and die with everything that happens to you or you want them to hate you. If they're in between and just shrug their shoulders at you, that's when you have trouble."

Koscheck, one of the stars of the debut season of The Ultimate Fighter, was stunned to learn of talk on Internet bulletin boards this week accusing him of being racist.

During a video interview on one site, Koscheck was talking about mistakes Matt Hughes made during his 2006 loss to St. Pierre.

Koscheck was critical of Hughes' decision to stand and trade punches with St. Pierre. He said, "Matt Hughes is slow, he's a farm boy and he's white. He has no speed and no athletic ability. He's a wrestler. Matt Hughes should just have been trying to take him down, take him down, take him down."

That prompted howls of outrage from fans across the Internet, who interpreted the observation as racially motivated. Koscheck is of mixed racial background, with Caucasian and African-American ancestry. Hughes is white.

Koscheck scoffed at the notion that he meant it racially, but did little to help improve his popularity when he lashed out at the critics.

"I'm racist? Yeah, that's a good one," Koscheck said. "First off, I'm more white than I am black. I was raised white. I'm the darkest (skinned) one in my family.

"It's a joke to think I'm racist or I meant those comments in that way. Here's something: I'm sick of those drunken, racist UFC idiot fans who say things like that." :laugh: <-----Smile added by PB

Koscheck clearly wasn't speaking about all of the fans, but bet on that getting lost in the translation. He can count on getting booed with more vigor against St. Pierre than he did in his dull win at UFC 69 on April 7 against previously unbeaten Diego Sanchez.

Sanchez was being groomed for stardom by the UFC until he ran into Koscheck.

Koscheck and Sanchez have had a long-standing feud and Koscheck said on Monday, "I still hate the guy and I probably always will." :redpunch:

Koscheck said he suspects the UFC would have preferred Sanchez to win their fight and said he gained particular delight in being the one to derail Sanchez.

And though the only way Koscheck would have the fans cheering for him on Saturday would be if he were fighting Michael Vick, he said it won't affect him in the least. :laugh:

"I fought for the national title, I had so much pressure in my last fight with Diego, but it's never bothered me," Koscheck said. "I'm the kind of guy who knows I'm there to do a job and I just go out and do it. I've been in these kinds of situations for many, many years.

"I'm prepared for a fight. That's what I do. This other stuff, it really doesn't mean anything when it all comes down to it."

Koscheck said he's expanded his game and doesn't think he'll have to rely solely on his wrestling to win, though clearly that would give him his best opportunity.

He said he's been athletic and a fast learner ever since he could remember while growing up in Waynesburg, Pa., which is about 60 miles southwest of Pittsburgh.

When he was a child, he was taken skiing for the first time at Seven Springs, a nearby resort.

"By the second day, I was doing moguls and in a week, I was doing 360s," he said. "I pick things up so quickly. Things that take other people three, four, five years to learn, I learn in a matter of a couple of weeks or a month.

"That's a good example. I've really picked up a lot as a fighter in a short period of time. I'm a lot better fighter than I was."

But he'll be facing perhaps the most gifted fighter in the game when he meets St. Pierre on Saturday. St. Pierre has something to prove, too, but Koscheck refuses to be intimidated.

"Of course I have respect for Georges, but I believe I'm going to win this fight because I know how hard I've worked to get ready," Koscheck said. "People are going to be surprised when they see how much different I am. I've had a great camp and you'll see the results of it (on Saturday)."

Koscheck will always be a threat to anyone in that division simply because his wrestling is superior to anyone at that weight. he has improved tremendously, considering that he has only been training mma for a few years now. as his overall game gets better, he'll become more dangerous.

that being said he is one of the most boring fighters i've seen. i understand that he comes to fight to win, and that his strategy is predicated on that, and that it is ultimately the responsibility of his opponent to push the action when its clear he's losing (yes i'm looking at you Diego). Still tho Koscheck has to become more exciting because with his style, as soon as he loses one fight, he will literally have to fight and beat every single fighter in the division before he gets a title shot.