Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Koscheck will always be a threat to anyone in that division simply because his wrestling is superior to anyone at that weight. he has improved tremendously, considering that he has only been training mma for a few years now. as his overall game gets better, he'll become more dangerous.

that being said he is one of the most boring fighters i've seen. i understand that he comes to fight to win, and that his strategy is predicated on that, and that it is ultimately the responsibility of his opponent to push the action when its clear he's losing (yes i'm looking at you Diego). Still tho Koscheck has to become more exciting because with his style, as soon as he loses one fight, he will literally have to fight and beat every single fighter in the division before he gets a title shot.

I think Kos is one of the MOST exciting fighters, but i grew up wrestling so i appreciate that more than i do standup. I always disliked Sanchez, so im glad Koscheck was the one to beat him.

I'm not a fan of Koscheck at all. I respect his wrestling skills though. He is hated because of the arrogance he displayed on TUF, and the arrogance he continues to display in interviews. I genuinely believe he will be KO'd by GSP. I don't know how or why or what the **** happened in his fight with Diego, but IMO, Diego is a much better fighter, and is the real threat in the division (despite my ABSOLUTE HATRED for that simple-minded freak).

As for Silva; yes, he is an exciting FIGHTER, but a boring INTERVIEW. UFC is going the way of WWE. If you can't sell a fight, nobody except hardcore fans really care. Fedor is living off of his reputation of being the greatest P4P fighter ever, so people tune in no matter what. But I guarantee you pre-Rampage, Chuck was a MUCH bigger draw than Fedor, at least in the states.

As for Silva; yes, he is an exciting FIGHTER, but a boring INTERVIEW. UFC is going the way of WWE. If you can't sell a fight, nobody except hardcore fans really care. Fedor is living off of his reputation of being the greatest P4P fighter ever, so people tune in no matter what. But I guarantee you pre-Rampage, Chuck was a MUCH bigger draw than Fedor, at least in the states.

Chuck was and still is a bigger draw than Fedor, the man is the face of MMA. He's all over tv and radio, even graced the ESPN magazine cover. And as much as hardcore fans want to look cool by not talking about the most popular fighter ever and act like he's not that good, he's still one of the best in the world.

I don't know about other fans, but I get very excited when Anderson Silva has a match coming up.

.....Must admit though, I am a Franklin fan. Nothing but class.....

Except when he was a guest caoch on TUF a few years ago. He didn't help the guys at all because he thought he was going to have to fight one of them. And of course there was the classic advice he gave to Serra "as soon as the bell rings take a kneww so he can't kick you". :laugh:

I hate Kosckek, but I think I hate Hughes more, so I loved this:

http://ufcmania.com/2007/08/20/in-it-to-win-it-exclusive-ufcmania-interview-with-josh-koscheck/

UFCmania: Matt Hughes recently had a prediction on your upcoming fight and some choice words about Josh Koscheck (I read him this line). Thoughts?

Josh Koscheck: Matt Hughes is on drugs, man. I’ll probably kick Matt Hughes in the neck (more on Hughes later).

UFCmania: If you could only fight one more time — forever — and you could fight anybody in the world of MMA, past or present, who would you like to fight?

Josh Koscheck: I’d like to shut Matt Hughes up. Now you’ve got me thinking about him (laughs). I mean me and Hughes have been cool but he’s always been arrogant and ****y. People who think I’m arrogant and ****y have to look at Matt Hughes — he’s ten times worse.

UFCmania: Would that fight turn into a wrestling match?

Josh Koscheck: Not at all. It would be me picking him apart, punching and kicking him whenever I want. He can’t take me down, come on. What was he, a one-time All American? And if we did wrestle I’d beat him by 15 points, easy.

i actually think Koscheck would beat Hughes at this point. Koscheck is a better pure wrestler than Hughes, and Hughes is virtually clueless on his feet. I can easily see Koscheck getting a decision against Hughes

Chuck was and still is a bigger draw than Fedor, the man is the face of MMA. He's all over tv and radio, even graced the ESPN magazine cover. And as much as hardcore fans want to look cool by not talking about the most popular fighter ever and act like he's not that good, he's still one of the best in the world.

I don't know about other fans, but I get very excited when Anderson Silva has a match coming up.

i think overseas, Fedor would be a bigger draw than Chuck, obviously Chuck is bigger in the states, but in fairness to Fedor he hasn't fought more than twice (if that) in the states.

as far as Anderson Silva goes, he is by far my favorite fighter in MMA right now. one of, if not the most dangerous and creative strikers in MMA, and uses his black belt in bjj more as defense to get the fight back to his feet. Not to mention that outside the ring, he is one of the classiest fighters in the sport today. The only opponent i can recall Silva not showing respect for after a fight was Leben, which was because Silva felt Leben was disrespectful in his comments leading up to that fight.

i honestly think that if Silva could speak english well, he would be the UFC's posterboy.

my picks for UFC 74:

Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Crane: Huerta is good, but its past time for the UFC to give him some credible competiton, they can't protect him forever. He should win this easy. More hype will follow, but give him somebody the people actually know next fight (i'm still mad this fight is being shown on the main card while Clay Guida/Marcus Aurelio is on the prelims and will be a much better fight. hopefully a couple of fights end quick and they still show this fight)

Huerta by TKO rd2.

Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote: Grove really impressed me in his victory over Alan Belcher. I don't think Grove will have many problems with Cote, Grove continues to improve and will finish this fight.

Grove TKO rd2.

Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino: This will be a good fight, Pellegrino is extremely skilled and will present problems for Joe on the ground. I can easily see this fight goin either way, but i think Joe will be too strong for him in the long run.

Stevenson by UD

George St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck: Hardest fight to pick for me actually. If GSP is mentally in this fight, it will be extremely difficult for Koscheck to win, but GSP has to actually prove he is mentally prepared for this fight. I think Koscheck will score a couple of takedowns on GSP, but i don't see Koscheck being able to keep GSP on his back to dish out any punishment. Koscheck could very well win a decision based on pecking his jab and scoring a takedown or two a round, but i see GSP catching Kos with something heavy in the 3rd round.

GSP TKO rd3.

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga: Randy Couture has to rely on his strategy and smarts to win this fight. Gonzaga is bigger, stronger, with heavy hands, and extremely dangerous on the ground. Bottom line is that I see more opportunities for Gonzaga to win this fight than Couture. I only see Randy winning by dragging Gonzaga into the deep waters of the later rounds and hoping Gonzaga gasses, as nobody knows if he can go 5rds. Gonzaga's extremely dangerous on the ground so even if randy takes him down, i don't think he will mind.

Gonzaga by Submission rd3.

George St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck: Hardest fight to pick for me actually. If GSP is mentally in this fight, it will be extremely difficult for Koscheck to win, but GSP has to actually prove he is mentally prepared for this fight. I think Koscheck will score a couple of takedowns on GSP, but i don't see Koscheck being able to keep GSP on his back to dish out any punishment. Koscheck could very well win a decision based on pecking his jab and scoring a takedown or two a round, but i see GSP catching Kos with something heavy in the 3rd round.

This is the fight I'm looking forward to. I say that's an accurate prediction, GSP may even take Koscheck earlier but at the same time I can see this fight going to decision. I see them playing it safe the first round, exchanging some strikes and feeling each other out. I pick GSP to win by TKO in either round 2 or 3 though.

I want to see a GSP/Matt Serra rematch before Serra loses to Matt Hughes though.

Roger Huerta TKOs Alberto Crane no question. I agree that UFC is dicking him around, the man has a stellar record and needs some tougher competition and to fight some bigger names.

I see Kurt Pellegrino submitting Joe Stevenson early.

I also see Kendall Grove submitting Cote as well, but later in the match.

As far as Randy vs. Gonzaga, I see Randy dragging it out and taking Gonzaga by decision. Given that he avoids going to the mat with Gonzaga. GG proved that he can be dangerous standing up when he KO'd Cro-Cop with that kick, but I don't think that's the direction he's going, the man is a supreme ground fighter and he knows that. I'm looking forward to a good match here as well.

People are giving GG to much credit off of the CC fight. If Randy don't take him down and finish the fight on the ground i'll be shocked. Randy is a supreme wrestler and i don't see GG beating him especially by submission. I think Randy woulda waxed CC the same way with constant takedowns. I also believe he is the guy with the best shot at Fedor for the same reasons listed. Randy just ran into a bad matchup for him in Chuck who had great takedown defense and the 1st fight gave Randy that false hope it could be the same way standing in the next 2.

GSP was embarrassed in that last fight. Unless there was some injury that I'm not aware of, I expect a top form GSP to take Josh out in the first round.

Even though Crocop didn't show up in the Gonzaga fight, I saw enough of Gonzaga to tell he has developed into a top fighter.

He is bigger and stronger than Randy.

His striking game is better than Randy's.

And his ground n pound looked as good as anyone in the UFC. In fact gonzaga was ripped off when they stood that fight up.

I think Gonzaga is going to win this.

This is a card that I want see top to bottom. I almost hope they are all first rounders so I can see them all. Here are my picks:

Couture vs. Gonzaga:

Coutre will fight too smart a fight to lose. He will take this fight into the later rounds and earn a TKO. Gonzaga needs to beat more than one good fighter for me to think he can beat Randy. But maybe I'm wrong. They all start somewhere.

Georges St. Piere vs. Kos:

Kos is overconfident. He couldn't finish an extremely depleted staph infected Diego Sanchez. He is going to get schooled by GSP.

Huerta vs. Crane: Huerta

Huerta fights another guy that isn;t in his league and will win again

Stevenson vs. Pellegrino:

Stevenson is a stud. The only challenges I see for him are from the elite. Pellegrino isn't elite. Stevenson will win.

Grove vs. Cote:

Cote might have the advantage in boxing over Groves, but Groves is better with his elbows, knees, feet, and on the ground. Groves gets the sub in round 2

Leites vs. Jensen: Leites

I don't kno wmuch about Jensen. I know Lietes is pretty good. Lietes wins this.

Sobral vs. Heath: I've always been a Babalu fan. With that said he looked terrible against an average Jason Lambert. As a fan I'm expecting a big bounce back fight for Babalu and a first round submission victory. Heath is a good fighter though and I'd hate to say that I won't be that suprised to see Heath win. I just hope that the old Babalu shows up. Babalu by sub

Mir vs. Hardonk: Hardonk

Huge fight for Mir. He losses here he is gone for a while. Probably to the WEC. I hate to see a career go so downhill after an accident. Hardonk can knock Mir out in the first fairly easily if the wrong Mir shows up, but I think he'll be fighting for his career and will get a first round sub

Guida vs. Aureilo:

Guida is always in a good fight. This will be no different. The guy fights with so much intensity it is hard to see him get subbed, but if anyone can do it it is Aureilo. This is a toss up for me. I'm going with Guida by 3rd round stoppage.