Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Some good fights tonight.

Roger Huerta was very impressive as he always is, and his opponant was very tough and skilled, great fight. He needs the shot for the lightwieght title instead of Joe "snoozefest" Stevens.

GSP looked just as bad as he did when he lost the belt. He was very timid and punchy and constantly looking to take it to the ground.

Gonzaga and Randy started out like it was going to be the fight of the year, and maybe perhaps the best fight ever.

But then it finished very weak.

Stupid Herb Dean didn't split the fighters up when Randy kept pushing him into the cage. Gonzaga got ripped on that, just like he got ripped when they stood him up in the CroCop fight.

It appears that the UFC does little things to put the advantage in their more popular fighters.

Upset of the night was Cote. I was very surprised to see that go down, especially since the punch wasn't strong at all, he was just off balance.

In 2 weeks Henderson vs Rampage, I got Rampage.

I almost want a poll on this. Is Randy that good, or was Gonzaga that overrated? I don't think Couture can beat Filopivic, and I'm sure I'll be called out for it. My personal opinion is that CC trained lazily, and got what he deserved when he fought GG. Either way, Randy is the man, and Gonzaga deserved what he got! Hopefully we'll see the real CC come out in his next fight. Of course, I'd rather see Fedor/Couture, but who knows if that is going to happen.

But damn! Randy is a sick, sick human being! :notworthy

Some good fights tonight.

Roger Huerta was very impressive as he always is, and his opponant was very tough and skilled, great fight. He needs the shot for the lightwieght title instead of Joe "snoozefest" Stevens.

In 2 weeks Henderson vs Rampage, I got Rampage.

The whole night I was trying to figure out how all that blood got on the mat, :laugh:

They didn't show that fight :doh:

Huerta looked sharp, though.

I agree on Rampage. I also think Liddell is going to destroy Jardine on the 22nd.

I almost want a poll on this. Is Randy that good, or was Gonzaga that overrated?

I think it was both. Gonzaga withstood a ferocious Cro-Cop body kick just long enough to get Mirko on the ground. He knew he only had to fight 3 rounds and he was PUMPED. Once he got the elbows on CC's face, that fight was destined to end the way it did but if it had remained a standing fight for the first 5 minutes, Mirko would probably have set him up for something.

BUT- Gonzaga showed some nice handskills last night. Randy was simply in the zone. Gabriel knew the fight was a 5-rounder so he didn't come in looking to end it. Randy did, knowing he had the stamina if he didn't get GG early just like against Sylvia.

(IMHO)

I don't think Couture can beat Felopivic, and I'm sure I'll be called out for it. My personal opinion is that CC trained lazily, and got what he deserved when he fought GG.

I didn't think Randy could possibly win his last two fights. :) Now I'm baffled.

This is a card that I want see top to bottom. I almost hope they are all first rounders so I can see them all. Here are my picks:

Couture vs. Gonzaga:

Coutre will fight too smart a fight to lose. He will take this fight into the later rounds and earn a TKO. Gonzaga needs to beat more than one good fighter for me to think he can beat Randy. But maybe I'm wrong. They all start somewhere.

Georges St. Piere vs. Kos:

Kos is overconfident. He couldn't finish an extremely depleted staph infected Diego Sanchez. He is going to get schooled by GSP.

Huerta vs. Crane: Huerta

Huerta fights another guy that isn;t in his league and will win again

Stevenson vs. Pellegrino:

Stevenson is a stud. The only challenges I see for him are from the elite. Pellegrino isn't elite. Stevenson will win.

Grove vs. Cote:

Cote might have the advantage in boxing over Groves, but Groves is better with his elbows, knees, feet, and on the ground. Groves gets the sub in round 2

Leites vs. Jensen: Leites

I don't kno wmuch about Jensen. I know Lietes is pretty good. Lietes wins this.

Sobral vs. Heath: I've always been a Babalu fan. With that said he looked terrible against an average Jason Lambert. As a fan I'm expecting a big bounce back fight for Babalu and a first round submission victory. Heath is a good fighter though and I'd hate to say that I won't be that suprised to see Heath win. I just hope that the old Babalu shows up. Babalu by sub

Mir vs. Hardonk: Hardonk

Huge fight for Mir. He losses here he is gone for a while. Probably to the WEC. I hate to see a career go so downhill after an accident. Hardonk can knock Mir out in the first fairly easily if the wrong Mir shows up, but I think he'll be fighting for his career and will get a first round sub

Guida vs. Aureilo:

Guida is always in a good fight. This will be no different. The guy fights with so much intensity it is hard to see him get subbed, but if anyone can do it it is Aureilo. This is a toss up for me. I'm going with Guida by 3rd round stoppage.

Anyone else as impressed with my picks as I am?

if i was matchmaker, i would have Arvolski fight Big Nog, and have the winner fight for the title

rumors are stating however that if CroCop beats Kongo, he will then fight Big Nog to determine the #1 contender

Well I like the idea of Crocrop vs. Big Nog for the contention, but I would like to see Arlovski get involved somehow.

Maybe the winner of Crocop vs. Big Nog takes on Arlovski for the contention?

OR

Crocop vs. Big Nog, the winner takes on Randy and Arlovski gets a shot at whoever holds the title after the Randy fight?

I almost want a poll on this. Is Randy that good, or was Gonzaga that overrated?

I think it's a combination of both. GG was overrated a bit after that Crocop KO, but Randy is possibly in the best shape of his life even though he's 43 now.

In both of Randy's last two fights, he looked on top of his game. If I were in the heavyweight division, I wouldn't want to fight him.

I agree on Rampage. I also think Liddell is going to destroy Jardine on the 22nd.

I got Rampage winning that one too, but I don't think it will be an easy win, I think people are underestimating Henderson.

I see Chuck coming out very focused and I see both guys fighting with chips on their shoulders after coming off of big loses. I do see Chuck knocking out Jardine though and hushing everyone who's saying he's overrated and whatnot because of the loss to Rampage.

Chuck has to be careful in this fight though, because Jardine is a big-time striker too and he could KO Chuck with a few heavy hits.

Whoever loses this fight is going to have to climb a long way up the rankings considering everything that happened in UFC 71.

I didn't think Randy could possibly win his last two fights. :) Now I'm baffled.

Me either man, he's in the zone though and I'm pulling for him.

I got Rampage winning that one too, but I don't think it will be an easy win, I think people are underestimating Henderson.

I see Chuck coming out very focused and I see both guys fighting with chips on their shoulders after coming off of big loses. I do see Chuck knocking out Jardine though and hushing everyone who's saying he's overrated and whatnot because of the loss to Rampage.

Chuck has to be careful in this fight though, because Jardine is a big-time striker too and he could KO Chuck with a few heavy hits.

Whoever loses this fight is going to have to climb a long way up the rankings considering everything that happened in UFC 71.

i too have rampage winning, simply because i think he will be too big for Henderson. Rampage can take a punch, just not knees. i think Rampage has good enough striking defense to give dan some problems, i won't be surprised at all if henderson wins, but i'm goin with Page in this fight.

If Chuck KO's Jardine, i don't see it hushing up anyone, because he's supposed to knock out Jardine. Jardine has no business in the main event of a ppv after being knocked on his ass by Houston Alexander of all people. He underestimated Alexander, got knocked out, and his reward is being in the main event of a ppv, makes no sense.

Liddell has to knock out Jardine in my opinion, anything less is a disappointment in my eyes for chuck. Jardine is a good fighter, but he ain't even top 10 lhw. Too much talent at LHW for this match to even be taking place, i would've preferred to see Chuck fight Machida

If Chuck KO's Jardine, i don't see it hushing up anyone, because he's supposed to knock out Jardine. Jardine has no business in the main event of a ppv after being knocked on his ass by Houston Alexander of all people. He underestimated Alexander, got knocked out, and his reward is being in the main event of a ppv, makes no sense.

I don't think Jardine should be in the main event either, but that doesn't give Chuck a reason to take the fight lightly. Despite the fact that Houston Alexander handed Jardine his ass at UFC 71, Jardine is still a dangerous striker and that's the kind of fighter that can take Chuck out, given his style and all (stand up and exchange blows until someone goes down with the KO).

But yeah, Chuck should KO Jardine without too much trouble. Then maaaaaaayybe we'll see Chuck vs. Wandy before we get old and die.