Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Fedor is just too strong, and too skilled.

If Nog can't beat Fedor on the ground then Josh doesn't have a chance.

Crocop not only controlled Josh on the ground, he ground n pounded into submission.

Josh has the edge over Nog on the ground. Have you seen their fights against each other?

That Cro Cop fight is an unfair look. Josh fought a 3 round war with Big Nog that night while Cro Cop breezed through Wanderlei in minutes. It may as well have been his first fight of the night.

There is a big difference with Penn.

Penn is a contender, and an exchamp.

He puts up a much much better fight than babalou, he'll be around for awhile even when he is past his ability to be a contender.

Unless Rampage retires Chuck is no longer a contender.:silly: :laugh:

It's funny because it is sooo true.

you did..

penn = contender

babalu = not.

I can't speak for him, but I assume he was presenting the reason why Penn got a free pass, not that he necessarily agrees with the decision.

no i get what he was saying and i do agree that is probably why, but i was just counteracting by saying that its complete BS. Penn has as big of an attitude as Babalu and he gets a free pass just because he is a big time name. or whatever reason it is, it is BS. :2cents:

Over on sherdog there was a new Dana White interview posted. He apparently said that there were more issues than just this most recent incident with Babalu. Apparently he got into a fight at a bar or something, and has been having problems. Dana did say that if Babalu gets his head straight, he'll be welcome back in the UFC. He also said that he didn't suspend BJ because Penn let go when the ref grabbed him, and he didn't brag about it the way Babalu did. Sorry, at work and don't have the time to find the link, but if you check sherdog, you'll find it.

no i get what he was saying and i do agree that is probably why, but i was just counteracting by saying that its complete BS. Penn has as big of an attitude as Babalu and he gets a free pass just because he is a big time name. or whatever reason it is, it is BS. :2cents:

It's not BS it's business, nothing personal.

Why do you think they have those trash talking interviews? Because it sells fights, boxing has been doing this for years.

They didn't even show that fight on the pay per view, that's how much they think of Babalu and Frank Mir(they didn't show his fight).

My take:

Babalu ignored the ref. This was an episode of something, that if left to pass, could become a problem in the UFC. What happens if someone keeps going after a knocked out fighter even like Gomi did in Pride for about 10 seconds after the bell rang? Does a mob have to come in and tackle the fighter?

The answer is yes, but whether it's Babalu or Fedor who does it, there should be a heavy, HEAVY suspension tagged on with legal action taken. Not mearly for assault, but for the defimation of integrity the UFC would endure. Many people are beginning to love the sport, but many are still on the fence. Episodes like this will only highlight something towards their arguments that it's a "freak show."

So what does the UFC do to prevent something like this, other than the threat of post-fight punishment? Tazers? Snipers in the rafters with tranquilizer darts? How about the refs are trained to throw on their own naked chokes to these guys that think their issues are more important than the sport? I don't know, but to me things like the Gomi incident, Yves Edwards clocking a ref, and Babalu's ignorance towards a ref earn them nothing but a long, statement-sending punishment. And in the case of Edwards, he should lose all ability to fight ever again. Imagine if that happened in the NFL or NBA - GOODBYE.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4636&zoneid=13

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has taken over the worldwide mixed martial arts landscape, signing a majority of the premier fighters in the sport. But there are still a few notable fighters out there that have yet to call the UFC, or anyone else for that matter, home. Chief among them is Fedor Emelianenko, nearly universally regarded as the #1 heavyweight fighter in the world.

That situation isn’t likely to remain so for much longer though, as speculation has swirled around Fedor’s contract status, or lack thereof, as of late. The hot rumor over the past few days has been that he has inked a deal with the UFC.

Not so says Reed Wallace, President of White Chocolate Management, who represents Fedor Emelianenko's interests in the United States.

“Not to my knowledge,” replied Wallace when asked directly if Fedor had signed a contract with the UFC. “He’s going to do something soon. They can’t negotiate forever.”

Fedor’s managers, Vadim Finkelstein and Apy Echteld, met with the UFC late last week, but a signed contract has yet to materialize. “UFC discussions went very well according to Apy,” said Wallace in reference to the meeting. Initially it seemed the UFC was unwilling to make any modifications to their contract, but it now appears there has been some movement.

“I can say that they are very close to a deal, but some last minute players have stepped up as well,” he said.

i'm becoming slighty optimistic that Fedor will be in the UFC sooner rather than later

WEC on Versus tonight:

Main Card Bouts:

-"Razor" Rob McCullough vs. Rich Crunkilton

-Chase Beebe vs. Rani Yahya

-John Alessio vs. Marcelo Brito

-Jeff Bedard vs. Miguel Torres

-Brian Stann vs. Jeremiah Billington

Damn! Forgot about this! I have a date tonight......I wonder if it is in bad taste to cancel 6 hours prior..?

WEC on Versus tonight:

Main Card Bouts:

sucks that pulver got hurt and had to postpone his match with Cub Swanson.

should be a decent card tho, the last WEC cards have been pretty good events

WEC on Versus tonight:

Main Card Bouts:

I'm looking forward to the Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's fight. I discovered him on "TapouT" on the Vs. channel.

He's an interesting fighter because his strong point is his Muay Thai, yet he's won all of his MMA matches (7 total) by submission.

He's a really cool dude too.

My calls for saturday night:

Hamill over Bisping - "upset" submission

The Count is a real good stand-up fighter. If he does win, it'll be on a kick. Matt is already known to be an amazing grappler with freakish strength but he also has heavy hands. (Bisping seems to not handle the home crowd pressure well. Elvis almost submitted him in London.)

Cro Cop over Kongo - KO

If Mirko doesn't get right after Kongo, he'll regret it. I'm expecting Kongo to surprise us and take this fight to the ground where his size will rule and Cro Cop's kicks won't. I have to believe CC is desperate enough to win this one.

Henderson over Jackson - late KO

Rampage looks unbeatable right now, but in Pride he was indeed beatable. Hendo must overcome the Pride-to-UFC jinx but I think he's all about business.

I have no clue who's going to win any of these fights :) but I figure we'll have some fun with predictions. Got any?

My calls for saturday night:

Hamill over Bisping - "upset" submission

The Count is a real good stand-up fighter. If he does win, it'll be on a kick. Matt is already known to be an amazing grappler with freakish strength but he also has heavy hands. (Bisping seems to not handle the home crowd pressure well. Elvis almost submitted him in London.)

Cro Cop over Kongo - KO

If Mirko doesn't get right after Kongo, he'll regret it. I'm expecting Kongo to surprise us and take this fight to the ground where his size will rule and Cro Cop's kicks won't. I have to believe CC is desperate enough to win this one.

Henderson over Jackson - late KO

Rampage looks unbeatable right now, but in Pride he was indeed beatable. Hendo must overcome the Pride-to-UFC jinx but I think he's all about business.

I have no clue who's going to win any of these fights :) but I figure we'll have some fun with predictions. Got any?

i was with you until you mentioned Kongo taking the fight to the ground:laugh: . He has no ground game, and CroCop's sprawl is actually pretty good (gonzaga only took him down after catching a kick to the gut.) CroCop should win, but it will be an exciting standup fight for however long it lasts, Kongo is a dangerous striker and could very well pull off the upset

i see Jackson winning by decision or late ref stoppage. i think Rampage will be too strong for Henderson who usually fights at middleweight. Dan has the devastating right hand, but Rampage can take a punch pretty well (knees are his kryptonite). I think his new team will have a good gameplan for Dan.

My predictions for UFC 75

Bisping over Hammill (Decision) - I see a fairly boring/repetative fight here. I think Bisping stays away from Hammill's takedowns and controls the pace of the fight with his superior striking. If the Hammer does manage to take it to the ground (which I think he will do a couple times during the fight) he will be able to control the position but won't be able to do much with it, and the Count will be able to stall out for the standup.

Cro Cop over Kongo (2nd round KO) - Should be a classic stand up war. Both guys are excellent strikers and both guys should be hungry for the KO. I don't think this one will go to the ground at all, but if it does I would have to give CroCop the edge there. CroCop has finally started training in a cage, plus he should be hungry after his devastating KO loss to Gonzaga. Throughout his career, whenever CroCop has lost he has gone on a tear, expect history to repeat itself again.

Henderson over Rampage (4th round KO) - I have gone back and forth on this fight so many times, and would not be at all surprised to see either fighter win this one. Both guys have tremendous KO power, but Quinton is the more technical striker. Henderson has never been KOed and Rampage has (Shogun, Wandy 2x). Both guys are excellent wrestlers. I would give the technical edge to Henderson, but Rampage was able to control Lindland (Olympic silver medalist) with his wrestling. Rampage is freakishly strong and will have the distinct size advantage here. I think if Henderson can avoid being dominated early and push the pace he should be able to KO a tired Rampage late in the fight.

These are all great fights, I'm having a hard time deciding on them all.

I'll take Hammil in an upset. Bisping doesn't impress me all that much, he is the british version of Forest. Good fighters, but they have can be stopped easily, they make a lot of sloppy mistakes.

CroCop was hurt bad in that last fight, he went through rehab for 2 months with that ankle. I don't think he is going to ever be championship material again, I think he retires soon.

Kongo in an upset.

Rampage Henderson, wow this is tough.

I watched the prefight show on this last night, henderson looked better mentally.

Henderson has a solid game, he presses the action and stays in your face.

Rampage has always had trouble against this style.

If he hasn't changed his game he will lose.

Rampage is the one who needs to press the action. He is stronger he should be able to do it, but I don't think they trrain him that way.

I'll take Rampage. He'll get hit one good time and that should wake up the beast.

I have Cro Cop tearing Kongo up. Could be a first-round KO. Neither of these guys have a ground game, and it could be the deciding factor. But Cro Cop should come out with a vengence, with a sharpened ground attack. Late first round TKO.

Bisping and Hamill should be interesting. I want Bisping to win, but if Hamill gets on top of him there might be a quick TKO or Sub. I'll take Hamill in a semi-upset, TKO, 2nd round.

As far as Rampage and Hollywood, there's no question Hendo has been riding the upset train. He out-muscled Wandie in his last fight, and did so after moving up in weight class. That is SERIOUS power when you can go from 185 to 205 and still have the smack to put down the calibre fighters he KO'd. He also has quick fists and serious wrestling skills. I'd love to see this fight go down to the ground. I think Rampage will powerbomb him, and proceed to end up winning the fight in the 4th by TKO.