Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Diaz gets a split decision victory, how one judge scored it 30-27 for Diaz i have no clue.

Yeah WTF. I thought Diaz was going to lose since all the judges where from Hawaii.

I gave round 2 to Diaz. He was landing more shots and Aina was mainly going for big shots. Though Diaz' punches seem weak. I don't know how Gomi got that hurt.

my picks for tonights Elite XC card:

Ninja vs. Lawler: i'm actually more a fan of Ninja, but i see Lawler catching him with something brutal and KO'ng Ninja late 1st or early 2nd. if the fight should happen to get to the ground, i would expect Ninja to tap Lawler though.

Lawler by KO late 1st or early 2nd

here we go, lets wait and see. I say Ninja wins

That Gina chic is so hot!

nothin special in my opinion. she gets credit because she looks better when compared to her competition :laugh:

my predictions for tonight Ultimate Fight Night Card:

Din Thomas vs. Kenny Florian: i've gone back and forth with this fight since it was announced that Florian would replace Fisher. this fight is even all the way around. Din has the better hands and maybe kicks, but Florian's muy thai game is better. on the ground they are even as both are bjj black belts. i'm goin with Thomas by a split decision, but won't be surprised at all if Florian wins. (on a sidenote, Florian has quite possibly the worst nickname in sports with Ken-Flo:doh: )

Din Thomas by SD.

Chris Leben vs. Terry Martin: If this fight makes it out of the first round i'll be shocked. Leben's been struggling and needs the W if he wants to stay in the UFC. that being said, since dropping to MW, Martin has been on tear. Martin has faced and beaten better fighters than Leben and i expect Martin to KO Leben middle of round 1.

Terry Martin by 1st Round KO

Nate Diaz vs. Junior Assunaco: If diaz takes the fight seriously he should be able to win by submission sometime in round 2.

Diaz by submission 2nd round.

Pete Sell vs. Nate Quarry: Haven't seen Quarry since he was unjustifiably given a title shot against Franklin and was promptly embarrassed. since then he's been sidelined with a career threatening back injury. I think Quarry will be rusty and nervous in his return and will be stopped by Sell early 2nd.

Pete Sell by ref stoppage due to strikes 2nd round

Florian took this fight out of nowhere, and coming off a recent fight, he might be a little TOO psyched about earning a fight with (Sherk?) for the title. Din Thomas is one of those sleepy fighters who will out of nowhere end the fight. He picks his spots well, but Florian will probably neutrilize that by pressing with his muay thai. Kenny actually impresses me more on the ground than standing up. Stoppage from G&P in the second.

Terry Martin vs. Chris Leben is interesting. Terry has mega-haymaking hooks...but his arms are about as long as Big Nog's fingers. That said, he will easily get in on Leben. Leben has a nice jaw, but Martin will blow through it if he connects. As said before, Leben hasn't been showing up for fights lately. He thinks his hair and the evil curl in his eyebrows is going to win him a fight. Nope, gotta do it in the octagon, baby. Martin by TKO in the third.

As far as Nate Diaz, he's fighting a submission guy. Should be another step on the staircase for him. Assuncao is a decent opponent, but I don't see him being better than Diaz in any fascet. I see Diaz actually popping him while standing up before TKOing him on the ground. I'll say a late round 1 TKO.

Quarry has already wiped the floor with Pete Sell. Sell has a puncher's chance...he kind of reminds me of a Phil Baroni. Works on his muscles and haymakers more than technical prowess. Quarry doesn't run in to anything, he should be fine. Quarry by KO in the second.

No subs tonight boys! Keep the fists a flyin!!

nothin special in my opinion. she gets credit because she looks better when compared to her competition :laugh:

my predictions for tonight Ultimate Fight Night Card:

Din Thomas vs. Kenny Florian:

Din Thomas by SD.

Chris Leben vs. Terry Martin:

Terry Martin by 1st Round KO

Nate Diaz vs. Junior Assunaco: Diaz by submission 2nd round.

Pete Sell vs. Nate Quarry: Pete Sell by ref stoppage due to strikes 2nd round

Still-

I respectfully disagree with every one of your predictions except Diaz over Annuncio. :)

(Keep in mind though that I was a big 0 for 3 on UFC 75. LOL!)

on another note, why are they doing an entire season of welterweight on The Ultimate Fighter? Welterweight division is very deep as it is, it would've made much more sense to do a season of middleweights instead.:2cents:

Umm yeah. It looks more like a lame attempt to promote Hughes vs. Serra.