Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Jardine hit chuck with about 20 leg kicks and he was still standing, either chuck has unbelievable leg muscles or jardines kicks were more noise than power

Chucks leg will be twice as big and a different color tomorrow because of those kicks. during the fight adrenaline will keep you standing but tomorrow morning he'll be in some pain.

Chucks leg will be twice as big and a different color tomorrow because of those kicks. during the fight adrenaline will keep you standing but tomorrow morning he'll be in some pain.

Sure he'll be sore tomorrow, again if those kicks were as powerful as rogan kept suggesting he would have dropped on one of them, reminds me of a fight back in I think it was 95, this lil brazilian guy vs this huge guy(before the weight divisions), lil guy threw about 12 solid leg kicks and the guy finally collapsed, jumped on him and finished the fight.

Forrest vs. Wanderlei...winner fights Rampage?

i actually think Forrest will get the shot now, probably early next year after Rampage heals some nagging injuries

Sure he'll be sore tomorrow, again if those kicks were as powerful as rogan kept suggesting he would have dropped on one of them, reminds me of a fight back in I think it was 95, this lil brazilian guy vs this huge guy(before the weight divisions), lil guy threw about 12 solid leg kicks and the guy finally collapsed, jumped on him and finished the fight.

they may not have dropped Chuck, but i definitely think they took away Chucks power in the fight.

they may not have dropped Chuck, but i definitely think they took away Chucks power in the fight.

They definitely screwed with ability to counter, I don't think Chuck gameplanned for the kicks number one and I don't think he expected to have to deal with them for all 3 rounds. If he felt it would go to decision I think Chuck would have tried to block more of them in round 1. Chuck also seemed to move forward alot in round 1 getting away from his circling and counter punching style, essentially his gameplan for the fight sucked.

They definitely screwed with ability to counter, I don't think Chuck gameplanned for the kicks number one and I don't think he expected to have to deal with them for all 3 rounds. If he felt it would go to decision I think Chuck would have tried to block more of them in round 1. Chuck also seemed to move forward alot in round 1 getting away from his circling and counter punching style, essentially his gameplan for the fight sucked.

Jardine has displayed his ability to work on fighters with his kicks. Chuck came in to this fight simply thinking he'd drop Jardine with one missile. There was no gameplan. Chuck looked better condition-wise this fight. But when you're a star of MMA, you know people are looking for any way to take you out. Gameplanning is key in this sport. Natural talent won't get you far these days. Ie. Cro Cop, Chuck, Shogun, Georges St. Pierre...Gameplan boys, gameplan and know how to counter a gameplan.

I could see that but looking at where Forrest has put himself in rankings now, Wanderlei needs to prove himself first, he's coming off of 2 straight KOs. I think Forrest should get a straight shot at Rampage honestly.

That's true, it's pretty obvious Jardine deserves to fight Wanderlei now. He has earned a fight with a legend, if nothing else. Rampage won't be fighting for a while. He's done in 2007. Forrest likes to fight as much as possible, this might rust him up a little if he expects to go directly to Rampage.

That's true, it's pretty obvious Jardine deserves to fight Wanderlei now. He has earned a fight with a legend, if nothing else. Rampage won't be fighting for a while. He's done in 2007. Forrest likes to fight as much as possible, this might rust him up a little if he expects to go directly to Rampage.

if Jardine deserves that, then what does Houston Alexander deserve? lhw division can go alot of different ways.

So are you saying Chuck lost?

(didn't order the fights)

He lost by decision to Jardine, due to leg kicks apparently. The kicks were loud but they obviously weren't phasing Chuck and Joe Rogan couldn't stop shouting about how great they were, kind of annoying.

As far as punches, Chuck busted up Jardine pretty good in round 1 and Jardine knocked Chuck down in round 2. I'd say round 1 went to Chuck for sure and round 2 to Jardine for sure.

Round 3 was lame as hell, with no one landing any solid punches but Jardine kept leg kicking and got the round that way.