Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Although i think Hamill won he still didn't dominate anything. As usual he threw his punches with absolutely no aim and when he got to the ground nothing. 0, zilch, nada. He needs to stay busy on the ground, drop some elbows, do something to inflict damage. Bisping stayed busy with his hands and his punches were thrown with a purpose, he just didn't throw them for the sake of throwing them. Again, Bisping shouldn't have won but Hamill needs to expand his game or he'll never succeed.

The judges were terrible tonight. First the Hamill debacle and then two of them scoring the Rampage fight 49/46? Seriously, how did Dan not win the first two rounds? He stayed busy, controlled the fight in the clinch and took Rampage to the ground. Rampage won but it damn sure wasn't by that margin in my book 48/47. Great fight though, Dan should have let it all go in the 5th but it was still a great fight IMO.

i scored the rampage/hendo fight 49-46 for Rampage

i gave Hendo the 1st round. the 2nd round was close and i wouldn't argue with people who gave the round to Hendo but the 3rd, 4th, 5th, while close, i thought Rampage did enough in each to warrant giving him the round

The Bisping vs. Hamill fight was a classic case of don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

i don't buy that though, yes you should always try and finish a fight, but when its a clear decisions the judges have a responsibility to get it right. Bisping knows he didn't win that fight. When judges screw somethin up that bad, it hurts the credibility of the sport, this same type of obvious bull**** decisions is what helped to keep boxing down for so long.

I was also annoyed and a little miffed to see Bisping handed the win, and then to see his classless behavior. The judges decision was definitely questionable.

I am not sure what's happened to Mirko. He just hasn't seemed the same the last few fights - I hope he can recover back to his former form, because I miss seeing him kick butt!

Overall, it was a good event, and I look forward to the next couple of events that promise to have some good match-ups.

Hendo was never the same after those elbos and body punches Rampage threw on the ground. He also should have looked for the takedown more often in round 2, he didn't appear to have the "air" in his body after those body punches to be effective. I had rounds 1 and 2 Hendo, 3,4,5 to Jackson So 47-48 Jackson.

These are all great fights, I'm having a hard time deciding on them all.

I'll take Hammil in an upset. Bisping doesn't impress me all that much, he is the british version of Forest. Good fighters, but they have can be stopped easily, they make a lot of sloppy mistakes.

CroCop was hurt bad in that last fight, he went through rehab for 2 months with that ankle. I don't think he is going to ever be championship material again, I think he retires soon.

Kongo in an upset.

Rampage Henderson, wow this is tough.

I watched the prefight show on this last night, henderson looked better mentally.

Henderson has a solid game, he presses the action and stays in your face.

Rampage has always had trouble against this style.

If he hasn't changed his game he will lose.

Rampage is the one who needs to press the action. He is stronger he should be able to do it, but I don't think they trrain him that way.

I'll take Rampage. He'll get hit one good time and that should wake up the beast.

WOW I hit them all on the head, including 2 upset picks. Except for that decision, which everyone know's is BS.

I had the score 49-46 rampage.

Rampage came out explosive only to lose that round. He started to lose the 2nd but he reversed it and finished strong.

I don't know if Dan got hurt, but he slowed down a lot.

CroCop is only human, and injurys will change a fighter in a heart beat.

Don't be surprised if the same thing happens to Fedor.

WOW I hit them all on the head, including 2 upset picks. Except for that decision, which everyone know's is BS.

I had the score 49-46 rampage.

Rampage came out explosive only to lose that round. He started to lose the 2nd but he reversed it and finished strong.

I don't know if Dan got hurt, but he slowed down a lot.

I completely disagree with the Hendo/Page decision. Don't know what else to say. How you call a unanimous page decision is beyond me. Sorry, no arguing, I'm at a loss.

I completely disagree with the Hendo/Page decision. Don't know what else to say. How you call a unanimous page decision is beyond me. Sorry, no arguing, I'm at a loss.

Because rampage is the man!

Look at how Dan was blindly throwing a lot of punches, rampage countered nicely and had near flawless D.

You can even give him a 10/8 round for the 5th. Because Rampage dropped him and would have finished Dan off if he had 20 more seconds at the most.

Dropping someone is a point.

Because rampage is the man!

Look at how Dan was blindly throwing a lot of punches, rampage countered nicely and had near flawless D.

You can even give him a 10/8 round for the 5th. Because Rampage dropped him and would have finished Dan off if he had 20 more seconds at the most.

Dropping someone is a point.

dropping someone is not an automatic point imo, that rule should apply to boxing only. i agree with giving rampage the 5th round, but henderson was competitive throughout the round. a 10-8 round should only be scored when one fighter is thoroughly dominated throughout the entire round.

Crocop looked intimidated, he had never been knocked out brutally like he was against Gonzaga and that could have an effect on why he's not showing that aggressiveness that he's known for.

He needs some coaching or something to get him back on track and get his confidence back.

That being said, Kongo looks like a force in the HW division. That division has improved by leaps and bounds since the Pride acquisition.

Crocop looked intimidated, he had never been knocked out brutally like he was against Gonzaga and that could have an effect on why he's not showing that aggressiveness that he's known for.

He needs some coaching or something to get him back on track and get his confidence back.

That being said, Kongo looks like a force in the HW division. That division has improved by leaps and bounds since the Pride acquisition.

He's been ko'd before, out cold.

He's done.

He has his money, he has accomplished more than most in MMA.

That and the fact that it's the most brutal sport in the world, I just don't see him coming back.

i scored the rampage/hendo fight 49-46 for Rampage

i gave Hendo the 1st round. the 2nd round was close and i wouldn't argue with people who gave the round to Hendo but the 3rd, 4th, 5th, while close, i thought Rampage did enough in each to warrant giving him the round

I gave Dan the second round. Although Rampage faired a little better towards the end of the round Dan still controlled it.

I also agree with the sentiment that a takedown shouldn't be automatic points. This isn't a wrestling match, it's a fight. Once you take a fighter down you have to work towards something, submission, ground and pound something. Hamill never does anything once he gets a guy down. That's what I mean when I talk about him being overhyped. Joe kept talking about his heavy hands which he's never seems to hit anyone with. They talk about him having great ground and pound but who's ever seen it? I think he's the Darnarian McCants of MMA, he looks great in practice but never does anything with it in the ring.

I gave Dan the second round. Although Rampage faired a little better towards the end of the round Dan still controlled it.

I also agree with the sentiment that a takedown shouldn't be automatic points. This isn't a wrestling match, it's a fight. Once you take a fighter down you have to work towards something, submission, ground and pound something. Hamill never does anything once he gets a guy down. That's what I mean when I talk about him being overhyped. Joe kept talking about his heavy hands which he's never seems to hit anyone with. They talk about him having great ground and pound but who's ever seen it? I think he's the Darnarian McCants of MMA, he looks great in practice but never does anything with it in the ring.

Hamill isn't overhyped as i don't hear anyone putting him up with the elites, but he is an improving fighter. while he didn't do much damage on bisping on the ground, Bisping didn't do any damage to hamill for three rounds. Most of the time Hamill simply chose to let bisping get up off the ground, he really didn't try to hold him there.

The thing that got rampage that 2nd round was the fact that he got up from his back, like Chuck does when he is on the ground, you just couldn't keep him down.

So not only did he get up, he took Dan down and did more damage to Dan, than Dan did to Rampage.

I haven't seen the UFC do an 8/10 round, they may have, but I haven't noticed it.

Rampage beat Dan on the ground and the stand up.

Rampage took Dan's best shot and immediatly countered knocking Dan to the ground, that's impressive!!!

The thing that got rampage that 2nd round was the fact that he got up from his back, like Chuck does when he is on the ground, you just couldn't keep him down.

So not only did he get up, he took Dan down and did more damage to Dan, than Dan did to Rampage.

I haven't seen the UFC do an 8/10 round, they may have, but I haven't noticed it.

Marquardt vs Lister.

Marquardt by unanimous decision. The judges have it 30-27 & 30-25 x2.

Shamrock - Baroni if it went to decision.

Here's my review of UFC 75.

Got in to the bar right when round 2 started between Cro Cop and Cheick. Right away I saw Cro Cop tentative and basically looking like Cheick's sparring partner. Everybody that has seen Cheick knows that the guy doesn't go for big knockouts, and rather chops you down by keeping the pressure on without stopping the action. Rarely throws any haymakers. Cro Cop was obviously looking for the one shot that would do the trick. But these guys that the UFC have begun to develop are solid. Cheick cut off everything Cro Cop tried to set up. Cro Cop was the most indecisive I've seen a fighter of his calibre since he faught Gonzaga. It's really sad to see. But I never was too high on Cro Cop, his leg kicks were outstanding, but really - it's like fighting infantry with a rocket launcher. You can blow a few people up, but some of them will figure it out and learn that it's all you have.

As far as Cheick, the guy is impressing me. I'd like to see more power from him, and there's no way fighters can survive in the UFC without having a sweet ground game in their bag of tricks. Watching these guys on the ground was like watching a mud wrestling match for women. Thank God my girlfriend was next to me with nice perfume on or Id'a had a bitter-beer face from what I was watching. Cheick fights the likes of any jiu jitsu fighter, or a powerful counter puncher, it's over. And the UFC will probably really want to test Cheick the next few fights. Look for him to lose soon, yet learning a valuble lesson in the process.

Bottom line of the Bisping vs. Hamill fight - Hamill got robbed. Hamill is overrated on the ground first of all. If Sinosic could nearly Kamora Bisping, Hamill shoulda damn well been able to at least get some strikes in. Maybe Bispings guard is underrated, but still - I heard Hamill was this rough SOB on the ground, and he "won" the fight by throwing good combos while standing. Bisping kind of looks shook up fighting in England all the time. I think fighting in America would actually make him a little more comfortable not to press so hard. He looked a little stiff without much juice on his punches. Gotta like the guy, and I was one to say a loss would benefit him. But I think in the back of his mind he knows that fight was a little iffy. Couldn't hear the post-fight interviews...so I don't know about any arrogance. But I think we will finally see Bisping fight somebody great. Wanderlei anyone?

As far as Rampage vs. Hendo - again, I only saw the fights live at a bar, and without sound. So my judgments may be a little off until I review the dvr. But I think Rampage managed that fight very well. One thing I've stressed to people that point out that Rampage has been KO'd by a few people is that it's been mostly from barages from more than just fists. And Hendo's fists weren't going to do it with Rampage's boxing skills. Rampage got smacked a few times, but he has a GOOD JAW. Knees from the Chute Boxers did him in in the KO's fans have seen. And Hollywood Olympia Wrestle-God Henderson looked like Tito when Chuck would stand right back up after a takedown. It was a good fight, and Rampage won pretty handily. But both of these guys are premier atheletes, and we will be seeing Hendo again very soon - clocking somebody. Does anybody think Chuck has a chance anymore with that belly of his dangling before the likes of Rampage, Shogun, Hendo or Wanderlei? It'll be an amazing transformation if he can somehow negotiate a road to the belt.

And let me just say this in closing. I'm calling it right now. The biggest upset in MMA history. I have Forrest Griffin knocking out Shogun Rua. No, you can't have what I'm smoking. ;)

Hamill isn't overhyped as i don't hear anyone putting him up with the elites, but he is an improving fighter. while he didn't do much damage on bisping on the ground, Bisping didn't do any damage to hamill for three rounds. Most of the time Hamill simply chose to let bisping get up off the ground, he really didn't try to hold him there.

Did you listen to Joe Rogan? All he talked about is "Hamill is going to ground and pound just like Tito", "Hamill is an Olypmic class wrestler and will control the ground game", "Hamill has heavy hands". Except for him wrestling in the Handicapped Olympics he's proven nothing. With that in his resume he should be able to take any fighter to the ground and either submit or pound the crap out of them. He is very over hyped, especially since Tito was swinging from his tip during TUF 3. Tito was talking him up like he was going to bull doze his way through the UFC. When he goes against the better fighters he'll get crushed. It takes more than holding someone on the ground to be successful in MMA.

Did you listen to Joe Rogan? All he talked about is "Hamill is going to ground and pound just like Tito", "Hamill is an Olypmic class wrestler and will control the ground game", "Hamill has heavy hands". Except for him wrestling in the Handicapped Olympics he's proven nothing. With that in his resume he should be able to take any fighter to the ground and either submit or pound the crap out of them. He is very over hyped, especially since Tito was swinging from his tip during TUF 3. Tito was talking him up like he was going to bull doze his way through the UFC. When he goes against the better fighters he'll get crushed. It takes more than holding someone on the ground to be successful in MMA.

i don't pay Rogan attention when he gets like that, he does that with every fighter using the same adjective (i.e., that guy has "crazy" submissions; that guy throws punches from "weird" angles; that guy's power is "insane") he's like that for every fighter. Rogan knows MMA so it doesn't bother me, but he hypes every fighter for every match regardless.

And let me just say this in closing. I'm calling it right now. The biggest upset in MMA history. I have Forrest Griffin knocking out Shogun Rua. No, you can't have what I'm smoking. ;)

just out of curiousity, when has Forrest ever demonstrated KO power? he's a decent striker but i don't think of him as a KO artist of any sorts.

just out of curiousity, when has Forrest ever demonstrated KO power? he's a decent striker but i don't think of him as a KO artist of any sorts.

Couture will have the boy ready. And Forrest is relentless in the pocket. I'm not going to make a case for my reasoning. It's a huge long shot. Why stop at calling for a decision when I'm already picking an upset of all upsets? Forrest by KO at 0:20 of round 1.

Anyone hear the Nick Diaz interview on The Beatdown? Holy ****, this kid's a ****ing pothead.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?ID=308

Click the link that opens it up in iTunes and move it to the 56:40 mark and listen to this interview. He's obviously high as **** during the interview and keeps forgetting what he's talking about. Unbelievable.

In case you didn't know, his last fight (a win over Gomi) by the way of a gogoplata, probably the craziest jiu jitsu move ever was ruled a NC because he tested positive for marijuana.

This kid is going to **** up his career.

Anyone hear the Nick Diaz interview on The Beatdown? Holy ****, this kid's a ****ing pothead.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?ID=308

Click the link that opens it up in iTunes and move it to the 56:40 mark and listen to this interview. He's obviously high as **** during the interview and keeps forgetting what he's talking about. Unbelievable.

In case you didn't know, his last fight (a win over Gomi) by the way of a gogoplata, probably the craziest jiu jitsu move ever was ruled a NC because he tested positive for marijuana.

This kid is going to **** up his career.

damn shame, Diaz is one of my favorite fighters. Never in a boring fight, and has been at the wrong side of some close decisions. He has improving standup and an extremely aggressive style of jiu-jitsu. He constantly goes for submission from the bottom and always looking to end the fight. How he gogo'd Gomi while high is beyond me:laugh:

kinda makes me wonder how bad he would've beat Gomi if he was sober.