Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i think i want Rampage to win more because i would rather see Hendo fighting at MW. I would rather see Hendo fight Anderson Silva than anyone at LHW at the moment. Besides, UFC's MW division is in serious need of a serious challenger to Anderson Silva. The gap between Anderson Silva and the rest of the MW division is the widest of any other division right now.

i think i want Rampage to win more because i would rather see Hendo fighting at MW. I would rather see Hendo fight Anderson Silva than anyone at LHW at the moment. Besides, UFC's MW division is in serious need of a serious challenger to Anderson Silva. The gap between Anderson Silva and the rest of the MW division is the widest of any other division right now.

I didn't really think about that, but you're right. However, I could see Dana giving Hendo a shot at the MW belt even if he is the LHW champion. He'd be the first to hold a belt in two different weight divisions simultaneously, and on top of being the first to do that in two different org's. It'd be a good promotional tool.

I didn't really think about that, but you're right. However, I could see Dana giving Hendo a shot at the MW belt even if he is the LHW champion. He'd be the first to hold a belt in two different weight divisions simultaneously, and on top of being the first to do that in two different org's. It'd be a good promotional tool.

its good promotional tool in theory, but its not practical. lets say that dan beat rampage then dropped down to mw and beat silva, it would be great for Hendo. in the mean time you would have two division virtually being held hostage because neither title would be able to be defended on a regular basis. Too much talent at at LHW especially to hold the not defend a title because he wants to fight in both divisions. Not to mention that Hendo isn't exactly the youngest fighter in the world, and unless he's another Couture, he doesn't have many more years at the top of the sport.

Main Card Bouts:

Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson -I have no idea who will win this one, and I love it. I am am big fan of both these guys, so I am just looking for a good fight. I think Rampage may have re-energized himself as UFC champion and we may see Rampage look like the dominating force he has always shown he could be. Hendo is as tough as they come though, so this one will not end early. Rampage by decision.

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Cheick Kongo - Cro Cop is still Cro Cop. Kongo has looked invincible on his feet at times, but he has never fought someone as good as Cro Cop. I think Crop Cop shows off his hands more than his feet and knocks Kongo out. Kongo has one hell of a kicker's chance though.

Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill - Easy fight here. Bisping is a MMA fighter. Hamill is a good wrestler. Bisping will keep this fight up and knock Hammil out fairly easily.

Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara - I'm looking forward to this one. Both these guys are brawlers. I think Alexandr will be too quick for Sakara.

Paul Taylor vs. Marcus Davis - I don;t know how Davis is still in the UFC. I've never been impressed. I don't know Taylor at all. I just hope this one ends early so we can see an undercard fight.

Preliminary Bouts:

Thiago Silva vs. Tomasz Drwal - I hope they show this fight. Silva has looked good. 10-0 finishing his last six in the first round.

Good card here. I am glad it is free though.

My Predictions

Rampage over Hendo (UD)

This will be a close fight, but I see Rampage getting the better of the standup exchanges. Rampage didnt have to do a whole lot to get back into fight shape and has looked better than ever as of late.

Cro Cop over Kongo (1st Rd KO)

Mirko has a chip on his shoulder and he has always responded well after losing in the past. Hes trained with other elite strikers such as Remy Bonjasky for this fight and I think we will finally get a chance to see Cro Cop showcase his superior standup in the octagon

Bisping over Hamill (2nd Rd KO)

Bisping has an advantage in almost every area except pure wrestling. Even if Hamill gets a takedown Bisping has a good enough ground game to contain and possibly submit him. If the fight stays on the feet Bisping should have no problem disposing of him.

Sakara over Alexander (1st Rd KO)

Sakara has professional boxing experience and is a much more techinical striker than Alexander. People forget that Alexander was rocked by Jardine before landing all of those hockey style uppercuts.

Davis over Taylor (UD)

I think it will be a close fight with Davis getting the upperhand in the third round.

Silva over Drawl (1st Rd KO)

Should be a short exciting fight with lots of big shots being landed early by both fighters.

Tibau over Etim (2nd RD Sub)

I think Tibau will take Etim down and have his way with him. In Etims last fight he was getting dominated on the ground and managed to pull a standing guilliotine at the end of the round. Dont think he will be as lucky this time.

Siver over Kotani (2nd Rd KO)

Kotani has not looked good in a while and Siver will keep the fight on the feet

Liaudin over Torres (1st Rd Sub)

Liaudin has been improving a lot lately and this seems like one of those fights thats there to get him over with his home crowd.

my picks for tonights card:

Rampage vs. Henderson:

i see this fight being extremely close, both fighters are in great condition, and have some weaknesses the other can exploit. I think Rampage will get the better of the standup as he is better from a technical standpoint, Dan has that wild duck his head and unload the right hook, but Rampage's defense should be able to combat that

Rampage by UD.

CroCop vs. Kongo:

dangerous fight for CroCop as Kongo is a beast with his striking, but CroCop sounded extremely focused in the countdown show. I think he knows how critical it is for him to win and win in an impressive fashion. Kongo will test him, but this is a must win for CroCop.

CroCop via late 1st or early 2nd round KO

Bisping vs. Hamill:

If it stays on the feet Hamill will be KO'd. that being said i don't think Bisping can stop Hamill's takedowns. Bisping has chin is still suspect and Hamill does have power. I think Hamill will take Bisping down and manage to avoid his submission attempts to grind out a decision victory.

Hamill by SD.

Alexander vs. Sakara:

I don't think Alexander is a fluke, but he is unproven. Sakara is a much more technical striker which should present problems for Alexander, but Sakara doesn't have the strongest heart in the game and if things go bad he'll fold. I expect Alexander to survive and initial rush by Sakara to knock out Sakara in the 2nd.

Alexander 2nd round KO.

Paul Taylor vs. Marcus Davis:

Davis has been a roll lately and will continue, he'll be tested, but he has alot of power in his hands. I see a flash KO in the 2nd round

Davis by 2nd Round KO

sopcast channel 24267 will show the event live around 3pm (est) for those interested. Just try to hide the spoilers if you post them for those who are waiting for the spike tv showing at 9pm

No reason to post spoilers at all. Just wait until everyone has a chance to see the fights.

my picks for tonights card:

Rampage vs. Henderson:

i see this fight being extremely close, both fighters are in great condition, and have some weaknesses the other can exploit. I think Rampage will get the better of the standup as he is better from a technical standpoint, Dan has that wild duck his head and unload the right hook, but Rampage's defense should be able to combat that

Rampage by UD.

CroCop vs. Kongo:

dangerous fight for CroCop as Kongo is a beast with his striking, but CroCop sounded extremely focused in the countdown show. I think he knows how critical it is for him to win and win in an impressive fashion. Kongo will test him, but this is a must win for CroCop.

CroCop via late 1st or early 2nd round KO

Bisping vs. Hamill:

If it stays on the feet Hamill will be KO'd. that being said i don't think Bisping can stop Hamill's takedowns. Bisping has chin is still suspect and Hamill does have power. I think Hamill will take Bisping down and manage to avoid his submission attempts to grind out a decision victory.

Hamill by SD.

Alexander vs. Sakara:

I don't think Alexander is a fluke, but he is unproven. Sakara is a much more technical striker which should present problems for Alexander, but Sakara doesn't have the strongest heart in the game and if things go bad he'll fold. I expect Alexander to survive and initial rush by Sakara to knock out Sakara in the 2nd.

Alexander 2nd round KO.

Paul Taylor vs. Marcus Davis:

Davis has been a roll lately and will continue, he'll be tested, but he has alot of power in his hands. I see a flash KO in the 2nd round

Davis by 2nd Round KO

The more I think about it this is a very good PPV. I agree with these picks minus the Bisping fight. I see him winning by TKO, I think his takedown defense is underrated and he has the home crowd behind him, which will make a difference.

Also, I still think the Hendo/Rampage fight is up in the air but I do pick Rampage to take itby decision. However, I could see Hendo landing one of those nasty right hands and ending the fight early.

Houston Alexander will likely prove that the Jardine fight wasn't a fluke. He did take a shot and get knocked down early in that fight before he came back with all of those uppercuts, so I look at this fight as him proving he's the real deal. I've heard that he wasn't super-impressive in some of his smaller fights out in the midwest but it's very likely that he's improved.

Also, Marcus Davis has to be the most improved fighter yet to emerge from TUF. I look for him to win.

Seriously, have any of you even watched Hammil fight? Everyone claims he has heavy hands but I've never seen him throw them. In fact, when he gets opponents on the ground all he does is smother people and still doesn't throw anything. He has the tools to be a good fighter but doesn't have the killer instinct. IMO he's the most overhyped fighter in MMA.

Bisping sloppy? Are you crazy? Far from sloppy, very smart fighter and nothing like Forest. He doesn't go in head first throwing bombs going for the one punch knockout. If anything he's more of a counter puncher. You leave yourself open and it's goodnight. Also, he has some tremendous kicks and a decent sprawl. If Hamill trys shooting too often look for a knee to the face and it's lights out!

Bisping by NO

Rampage is a bad man, don't get it twisted he's bad. Bad but beatable. IMO he's even more beatable than Chuck ever was. Now that he's dedicated to training he'll be a hell of a lot better but I don't think he's smart enough to be Henderson. Hendo is giving up some by fighting this heavy but it's not like he hasn't been doing it for a while and doing it quite well. He's smart enough to neutralize heavy hands, look at his last fight against Silva. He's "super smart" as Gibbs would say and possibly one of the most well rounded fighters in the game. Don't look for him to give Rampage many good angles allowing him to tee off. This fight comes down to Rampage though. If he's too agressive and F's up Hendo will capitalize. If he keeps his head in the game, stay patient and waits for his shots he'll win. Too bad Rampage doesn't fight that way. I think Rampage will come out swinging, Dan will weather the storm and will slow him down with some kicks and later knock him out.

I've got Henderson

Don't know too much about the rest of the card although I know Cro Cop has some of the heaviest hands I've ever seen and you don't want to F up and get caught by one of them.

Two funny pictures I found of the most badass man in the world....

fedor.jpg

The man knows how to attack some ice cream too

FedorGoose.jpg

And he loves animals

when you see Fedor outside of competition, its hard to believe that this is the same monster that walks through people once the bell rings. its like he has two personalities almost.

when you see Fedor outside of competition, its hard to believe that this is the same monster that walks through people once the bell rings. its like he has two personalities almost.

Exactly. From what I've read he's a very cool dude outside the ring. I think it would be cool to chill with Fedor for a day (minus the language barrier of course).