Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Chuck is 1 of my favorites but man this stinks just like Hughes vs Lytle.. Let Hughes beat a can and he gets a title shot, when they were way tougher fights out thier for him and Chuck

They are gonna give Chuck a can and then another title shot.. And Dana is probably praying that Henderson wins because its a better matchup for Chuck..

This is just crazy Dana White is turning into Don King..

Dana said that Wandy vs. Chuck will happen in the next 6 months. He also said that Chuck will have to win a few more fights before he even thinks about Chuck vs. Jackson III.

So I don't believe the hype.

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/07/13/ufcjunkiecom-exclusive-chuck-liddell-vs-keith-jardine-to-headline-ufc-76/

i swear if this happens, i will find away to slap the hell out of Dana White and UFC matchmaker Joe Silva :doh:

Right after Jardine was KTFO by Houston Alexander? I don't see this happening even though Chuck just got KO'd by Jackson and lost his belt, I don't see him fighting and easy match like Jardine.

Who do you see at 205 that is gonna get a title shot before Chuck seriously??

Shogun is making his debut thats not gonna happen so quickly after that thier is no one more worthy.. Wanderlei won't get 1 unless he fights Chuck beforehand.. If Chuck wins his next matchup and Henderson wins i'd bet anything thats your title fight.. He let Hughes fight a can then fight for the belt this is'nt any different and Chuck is actually his boy unlike Hughes..

Rashad? please

Tito? please

Forrest? please

Bonner? please

Only guy i could see worthy is Brandon Vera dropping down to 205lbs and resigning with the UFC..

Chuck is 1 of my favorites but man this stinks just like Hughes vs Lytle.. Let Hughes beat a can and he gets a title shot, when they were way tougher fights out thier for him and Chuck

They are gonna give Chuck a can and then another title shot.. And Dana is probably praying that Henderson wins because its a better matchup for Chuck..

This is just crazy Dana White is turning into Don King..

I disagree. I am of the opinion that boxing has one thing right. If the champ loses his belt, he should get a rematch. He shouldn't have to fight a contender. He WAS #1, and should only drop 1 spot by losing his title. If he loses again, then buh-bye, and back to earning contention.

I disagree. I am of the opinion that boxing has one thing right. If the champ loses his belt, he should get a rematch. He shouldn't have to fight a contender. He WAS #1, and should only drop 1 spot by losing his title. If he loses again, then buh-bye, and back to earning contention.

I agree with that and i also believe the champions should have rematch clauses in thier contracts like boxing..

I was talking about dictating everything and not making the best fights trying to protect fighters from losses to build up the hype machine.. Huerta is a prime example because they know he is gonna lose and he is the great new Mexican hype machine that graced the cover of SI.. You throw him in thier with even Florian and he gets rocked..

Liddell vs. Jardine is a joke. This might be a way of keeping Chuck busy without risking his status as a top 3 UFC LH. As long as the Wandy fight can't happen, Dana just wants to keep Chuck in contention after promising a title fight to Hendo in his debut. It also may be Dana's way of saying "F YOU" to Silva for not taking the intitial offer for September.

If it's not going to be Silva, then Liddell should be fighting Houston Alexander, not Keith Jardine. Houston's got even less hype than Jardine though, so maybe that's Dana's logic in all this.

Basically this is all Forrest griffin's fault for getting punked by Jardine in the first place. ;)

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4343&zoneid=13

UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion on Spike TV!

Reigning UFC Champion Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Takes On PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson in Historic Unification Bout in London at UFC 75. Also Features Top Heavyweight Contenders Mirko 'Cro Cop' vs. Cheick Kongo and The Ultimate Fighter 3 Alums Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill.

Spike TV will telecast "UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion," its most star-studded fight card ever, including the network's first-ever UFC® title fight, a unification

bout between UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and PRIDE's 205-pound Champion Dan "Hollywood" Henderson, on Saturday, September 8 at 9:00 PM ET/PT (same day tape) from The O2 Arena in

London, England.

UFC 75 also features a major heavyweight battle withinternational superstar Mirko "Cro Cop" when he takes on France's Cheick Kongo. As a special feature, England's own and "The Ultimate Fighter® 3" Light Heavyweight Champion Michael "The Count" Bisping takes on fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 3" cast member Matt "The Hammer" Hamill.

:notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy

i'll still probably end up watching it live on a stream tho:laugh:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4346&zoneid=13

With all of the controversy and speculation surrounding the potential main event fight between former champ, Chuck Liddell and former Pride champion, Wanderlei Silva, the UFC finally put the fight to sleep after Silva requested to fight in November instead of the scheduled September 22nd date the organization had set for the main event of UFC 76. Now with Liddell expecting to fight in September the UFC found a new opponent and his name is Keith Jardine

Jardine confirmed the fight to MMAWeekly today saying he expects the deal to be done and the fight to be signed “any day.”

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Shogun's people are saying that he'll be fighting Forrest Griffin at UFC 76, if true then R.I.P. Forrest Griffin. lol

Holy moly. Run, Forrest, RUN!! (2nd attempt at this joke. Forgive me.)

Also- Very interesting match-up between Cro Cop and Kongo. 2 strikers. Mirko has the experience and is battle-tested. Kongo has the size and strength.

Also- Very interesting match-up between Cro Cop and Kongo. 2 strikers. Mirko has the experience and is battle-tested. Kongo has the size and strength.

I am really looking forward to that fight as well. That could be a really good one. I think is is a pretty good card top to bottom. I would like to see Bisping fight someone a little tougher, but Hamill is not all that bad. He could give him a challenge.

I aint watching on Spike. Last time the commercials killed me. Going to stream or straight DL it before it comes on Spike. Also when will Bisping going to get to fight better comp?

this is why alot of people who have followed the sport for a long time, hate The Ultimate Fighter. the winners of those shows are often spoonfed opponents and built up to be better than they actually are. The only fighter who wasn't spoonfed was Diego, other than that, all their winners have had cans for their couple of fights in the UFC.

Bisping is a good fighter who needs to be tested, the fact that he was almost submitted by Elvis Sinosic tells me alot more about Bisping than any of his wins thus far.

that being said Bisping could very well lose against Hamill. Bisping by all accounts is the better fighter, but Hamill is ridiculously strong and has great wrestling. i could see Hamill winning a very very boring 3 round decision.

Bisping is a good fighter who needs to be tested, the fact that he was almost submitted by Elvis Sinosic tells me alot more about Bisping than any of his wins thus far.

that being said Bisping could very well lose against Hamill. Bisping by all accounts is the better fighter, but Hamill is ridiculously strong and has great wrestling. i could see Hamill winning a very very boring 3 round decision.

I could not agree more. I was shocked with the trouble Bisping had with Sinosic, with all due respect to Elvis. Hamill is a tough SOB and I think this is going to be a more difficult fight than a lot of people expect.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4359&zoneid=2

Sean Sherk, the reigning UFC World Lightweight Champion, who last competed on July 7, 2007 in Sacramento, has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite. He has been fined $2,500. His suspension period runs from the conclusion of his bout on July 7, 2007 through the remainder of his licensing year which is June 26, 2008. Furthermore, he has been assessed an additional 10 days in order to fulfill the terms of his suspension (365 total days). The additional days will be added at the beginning of his next licensing year when he reapplies.

Normal levels of Nandrolone range from 2 ng/mL (average person) to 6 ng/mL (athlete engaged in rigorous activity). Mr. Sherk's reported level certified by the Director of Science and Technology from the laboratory that conducted the tests was 12 ng/mL. Both the "A" sample and "B" sample were tested and confirmed as positive.

Sean "The Chemically Enhanced Muscle Shark" Sherk :laugh:

all jokes aside, with all the positive and mainstream coverage MMA has been receiving, the last thing we need is this sport being linked to steroid abuse.

edit: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4358&zoneid=13

This statement was provided to MMAWeekly on behalf of Hermes Franca to address the positive drug test as found by the California State Athletic Commission after his bout with Sean Sherk at UFC 73:

In the next few days, the results from the California Commission will be released. The tests will show that I had a "banned substance" in my system.

I would like to apologize to my fans, the UFC, my students and family. I offer only an explanation and not an excuse. I made a decision during a difficult time in my training for the fight that I regret.

Franca tested positive too.:doh:

Pending appeals both will be suspended for a 1 year under the current athletic commission (although only Sherk is appealing)

Seriously this is starting to look like the WWF with how many people being on roids. If you're fighting for the belt isn't it obvious that you will get tested.

I knew Franca was on roids during the fight. My friend went like "our little brown friend is going to be testing positive for some banned substances." Yeah what they going to do with the LW belt now. BJ vs _______ ?

The title should be vacated. Sherk and Franca fired permanently. Lets be honest, Sherk is a boring fighter anyways, and Franca is not going to be a great LW with his wild punches. Good riddance to both.

And the title should be BJ vs Gomi....Oh that's right, Gomi will probably end up in K-1. Another brilliant signing by Dana White! Maybe bring back Dumbass Diaz?

So Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine is not deserving of main event status. This is very true and I couldn’t be more disappointed that Chuck is not fighting Wanderlei Silva, which is every MMA fans dream match-up. None the less, Jardine is going to step into the middle of the octagon and bang with Liddell. There is going to be a first round knockout and probably a high-light reel of big punches and serious action. While Chuck should be facing stiffer competition, I do believe the fight will be entertaining.

What I like about the UFC is that since the fight is being looked upon as a low quality main attraction, they are padding the card to make up for it. Rumored fights on the same card are as follows:

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is making his UFC debut against Forrest Griffin—the fight will be exciting. I love Shogun and think he is the best light heavyweight in the world right now. Griffin always comes to fight and enjoys putting on a good show for the fans. This fight will have fireworks from the outset and think it is a good tune-up fight against a solid competitor for Shogun.

Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch—after an extremely disappointing and lack luster fight, Sanchez needs to redeem himself. I am a big advocate of Sanchez but was astounded by his tentative and boring fight against Josh Koscheck. He has his work cut out for him because Fitch is another up and coming fighter similar to Sanchez himself. He is looking to make a name for himself and would propel himself into title contention by beating Sanchez. Both of these fighters have something to prove and Sanchez has a lot on the line which should make for an exciting fight.

Light heavyweight Jason Lambert, lightweight Tyson Griffin, and former middleweight champion Evan Tanner are also rumored to be on the card. All three fighters are extremely fun to watch and often have fight of the night caliber matches. Griffin is young and flashy but I love his style and the way he fights. Despite not having the huge main-event attraction that fans have become accustomed to, the UFC has put together a well rounded card from top to bottom and it should be well-worth the money.

So Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine is not deserving of main event status. This is very true and I couldn’t be more disappointed that Chuck is not fighting Wanderlei Silva, which is every MMA fans dream match-up. None the less, Jardine is going to step into the middle of the octagon and bang with Liddell. There is going to be a first round knockout and probably a high-light reel of big punches and serious action. While Chuck should be facing stiffer competition, I do believe the fight will be entertaining.

What I like about the UFC is that since the fight is being looked upon as a low quality main attraction, they are padding the card to make up for it. Rumored fights on the same card are as follows:

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is making his UFC debut against Forrest Griffin—the fight will be exciting. I love Shogun and think he is the best light heavyweight in the world right now. Griffin always comes to fight and enjoys putting on a good show for the fans. This fight will have fireworks from the outset and think it is a good tune-up fight against a solid competitor for Shogun.

Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch—after an extremely disappointing and lack luster fight, Sanchez needs to redeem himself. I am a big advocate of Sanchez but was astounded by his tentative and boring fight against Josh Koscheck. He has his work cut out for him because Fitch is another up and coming fighter similar to Sanchez himself. He is looking to make a name for himself and would propel himself into title contention by beating Sanchez. Both of these fighters have something to prove and Sanchez has a lot on the line which should make for an exciting fight.

Light heavyweight Jason Lambert, lightweight Tyson Griffin, and former middleweight champion Evan Tanner are also rumored to be on the card. All three fighters are extremely fun to watch and often have fight of the night caliber matches. Griffin is young and flashy but I love his style and the way he fights. Despite not having the huge main-event attraction that fans have become accustomed to, the UFC has put together a well rounded card from top to bottom and it should be well-worth the money.

i don't see this card being worth the money. Liddell and Shogun's matches will be entirely one sided. Neither Forrest or Jardine are anywhere near the levels of the guys they are facing.

Sanchez vs. Fitch will be good if Sanchez remembers to actually fight.

Tyson Griffin is always good for an exciting fight.

this card is the type i'll find on a stream, but won't pay for.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4395&zoneid=13

The stable of fighters now in official free agency after the Zuffa buyout of Pride continues to grow on almost a daily basis and one of the most sought after light heavyweight prizes on the market, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, will not be signing with Elite XC as many had thought going into the Shamrock/Baroni Elite XC produced pay-per-view that took place last month.

According to Elite XC president, Gary Shaw, the deal was basically done as of that event but now Sokoudjou will not be coming to Elite XC. Shaw said,"We thought we had Sokoudjou signed and he pulled a 180 on us. So, at this time, he is off the table with EliteXC."

Apparently, Elite XC brought Sokoudjou in as a special guest for that event and was treated as such before, during and after the show but then according to Shaw, the fighter pulled out of the deal when another offer came across the table.

i hope he ends up in the UFC, only 23 years old and already holds KO wins over Lil Nog and Arona. Unlimited potential in this kid.