Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

15 hours ago, Forehead said:

That ref...You have got to get in there quicker.

I liked Lewis's heart there, but I have a hard time imagining him being a real contender.

have you seen the HW division? he's a contender by default lol. HW needs some new blood, its a very shallow field.  The only relatively new fighter to make any waves is Francis Ngannou.  Lewis has the power to kill anyone at HW and his technique is improving

Lewis dropped one of the great post-fight pressers in recent memory. don't know how Stann held back the laughter.

absolutely right on the ref, Mario Yamasaki will be responsible for an in-cage death someday

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forehead said:

I liked Lewis's heart there, but I have a hard time imagining him being a real contender.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

have you seen the HW division? he's a contender by default lol.

Funny, the first time I ever watched Lewis in a UFC fight, is when he got dropped by Shawn Jordan. My first reaction was, that he wasn't moving up anywhere.

Looks like he has improved since then.

On 2017-02-19 at 11:11 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Johnny Hendricks looks fat 

Well he is fighting in a division 15 pounds heavier than the belt he held for an instant, and he naturally is a fat guy.  Says he gets up to 220+ in between camps & he's like 5'10".  

He gets destroyed at middleweight, got lucky & fought the only 185 close to his size in Lombard, most will have 6"+ reach advantage on him. 

Dana being Dana, saying Team Khabib went rouge & took him to a "random" hospital instead of calling the UFC to get their Doctor to either look at Khabib or at least direct him where to go. 

Also said he was 6 pounds over when it happened at 5:30am. 

Knowing I should only believe half (at most) of what Dana says, I wonder which statement is true?

Woodley/Thompson was horrible

i legit scored 2 of the first 3 rounds 10-10 because neither fighter did a damn thing

Thompson had Woodley with his back against the cage several times and refused to throw.  Woodley seemed to be able to hurt Thompson when he landed, but refused to throw

never match these human beings in the cage again please

Maia deserves the title shot, so he's probably 7th in line considering how they do business these days

Edited by StillUnknown

Eh....hard to even care.  I actually prefer more fights to be judged this way if I am being completely honest.  I think Wonderboy probably won more minutes of the fight technically, but Woodley did more damage in his spots between the takedown/ground work and the last :30 of the 5th.

Also, it felt like early in the fight Wonderboy decided to coast a little bit when Woodley was up against the fence.  

It's a hard fight to judge either way.

47 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, quite uneventful. But I think you could make a case that Wonderboy won rounds 1,2,4.....and therefore won 48-47.

yeah 3 & 5 were the only definitive rounds of the fight, 48-47 would be legitimate for Wonderboy as well. Really has nobody to blame but himself, he could have won that fight on activity alone if he just threw more.