Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

54 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Ronda needs to clean house on her personal life. She needs a new camp and crew of people. Something like Team Alpha Male. A family atmosphere where they actually give a ****, not just mooch off of her fame. 

Thaaaaaaaaat's not what she needs. What she needs is to never fight again because if she does, she is going to get punched in the face many, many times... HARD!! Her standup is like Robert Griffin's pocket presence. I can't bare to watch the suffering any longer.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Thaaaaaaaaat's not what she needs. She needs to never fight again because she is going to get punched in the face if she does. Her standup is like Robert Griffin's pocket presence. I can't bare to watch the suffering anymore.

That's sort of what I mean bro. She just needs to surround herself with good people. She can still train MMA without actually fighting. Being in a good camp would probably be therapeutic. 

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Thaaaaaaaaat's not what she needs. She needs to never fight again because she is going to get punched in the face if she does. Her standup is like Robert Griffin's pocket presence. I can't bare to watch the suffering anymore.

Her stand up is bad, but her choice of coaches doesn't help matters. It's not just her lack of stand up, it's her coaches who seem to want to train her to fight as if she does have stand up.   What coach worth a lick wouldn't have told Rousey that no way, no how should she stand there in front of Nunes who's long arms means she can connect on strikes without having to close the normal distance? It's common sense, yet Rousey looked unprepared. That is coaching. This doesn't mean the outcome of the fight ultimately is any different, because Nunes is not just a good striker but also skilled in Judo and grappling, however Rousey looked less prepared for this fight than the Holm fight. 

Dana is an embarrassment. 

The sad thing is Ronda needs help more than she needs to fight. She has major, major depression problems and she dates a psycho that beats females and her coach is using her to promote himself. She brought all of this on herself but seeing her being thoroughly embarrassed on every social media outlet kinda sucks. We really love to tear people down and I've definitely been a part of it. I hope she gets the help she needs. 

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Hard to say. In both fights, all her preparation went out the window as soon as she got tagged in the face once.

She had been hit before in plenty of her fights though.  Watch her fights against Kauffman, Tate, Carmouche etc etc......it's not getting hit in the face that did her in, it's this de-evolution of her game where all of the sudden she thought she was going to be some kind of striker.  I can't remember what fight it was but that idiot coach of hers said something about her being able to out strike anybody. 

Her coaches are hacks, her mom wasn't kidding, and her mom had the guts to say it even while Ronda was dominating. She basically said Ronda got where she was (at the time) due to the skills she already had, and Edmond & his crew were setting her up for failure down the line. Mom knows best.

Edited by NoCalMike

6 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

The sad thing is Ronda needs help more than she needs to fight. She has major, major depression problems and she dates a psycho that beats females and her coach is using her to promote himself. She brought all of this on herself but seeing her being thoroughly embarrassed on every social media outlet kinda sucks. We really love to tear people down and I've definitely been a part of it. I hope she gets the help she needs. 

I know just the manager to help her get her life & career back on the right track.

Don-King-727.jpg

It's like Ronda lifted weights for a full year but didn't bother to practice fighting. Pretty sad downfall. 

Also, there should be a winner's and loser's share of the purse. No way should it be predetermined that the inferior opponent should make $3M while the dominant champ makes $100K. That's the dumbest thing ever. Same thing in boxing. 

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Cash in with WWE, action movies, & putting her name on a bunch of merchandise and enjoy the next 70 years of her life. No more fighting.

Well reports are out that since her acting is so bad they might re-cut, re-shoot or shelve the movies she was to star in. & how marketable is she now in the WWE now that she's been tuned up on the feet twice in a row?

Someone said it right earlier, her brand got it's ass kicked last night. 

I think Ronda thought she could strike after the Beth fight since she got the TKO. But then again that's like determining you could be the best base stealer of all time since you are faster on the base path than Babe Ruth. Beth was never a great striker, just a wild swinger. 

Edited by artmonkforHOF

Ronda had a great run, arguably the most dominant for a woman other than Cyborg.  No one can take that from her, but the only way she can advance in this sport any longer is to drop her coaches and go join a legitimately elite MMA camp and refine her game.  Just look at Nunes herself pre-Meisha Tate fight and since then.  Joining ATT elevated her into an entirely different fighter.  It's crazy.

2 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

It's like Ronda lifted weights for a full year but didn't bother to practice fighting. Pretty sad downfall. 

Also, there should be a winner's and loser's share of the purse. No way should it be predetermined that the inferior opponent should make $3M while the dominant champ makes $100K. That's the dumbest thing ever. Same thing in boxing. 

The tickets sold because of Ronda. It sucks but that's the way it goes. Nunes is not a drew outside of MMA fans. 

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Ronda (hopefully) done?

Not huge into MMA but I can't stand her.

For me, I think the bigger story, and the bigger question here, is Cruz. I think that fight result surprised a lot more people.

So, is Cruz essentially done, now that No Love solved the footwork puzzle ?

Because if you can negate his footwork advantage, Cruz kinda looks like an average fighter without it.

And has Cruz slowed down with age, or did No Love just make him appear slower ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think the bigger story, and the bigger question here, is Cruz. I think that result surprised a lot more people.

So, is Cruz done, now that No Love solved the footwork puzzle ?

Because if you can negate his footwork advantage, Cruz kinda looks like an average fighter without it.

And has Cruz slowed down with age, or did No Love just make him appear slower ?

This had nothing to do with Cruz being figured out. No Love is simply that good. TJ can't do to Cruz what Cody did. Unless he gets caught and KOd I think the UFC has another Mighty Mouse on their hands. The only difference being Cody can KO anyone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

The tickets sold because of Ronda. It sucks but that's the way it goes. Nunes is not a drew outside of MMA fans. 

I know, it does suck.  I just think we'd see better fights if the payout was based on winning or losing.  Could you imagine the entertainment value watching some fights where the winner gets $3m and the loser gets $100k?  That would be bad ass!  

• Like 1

Nunes fought and destroyed arguably the two biggest female draws in UFC. If that doesn't elevate her in the fan's eyes, nothing will. (As far as buyrates go I mean) She not only beat them but TKO'd them like they didn't even belong in there with her.

Seriously if she was willing to go to 145lbs that is the fight to make with Cyborg, two ladies who strike, and while Cyborg is physically stronger, Nunes has the all around game to give her a challenge.  

Holm is fighting the first women's fight in UFC at 145lbs, I wonder if she wins, will they look to make a Holm/Cyborg fight?

53 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

This had nothing to do with Cruz being figured out. No Love is simply that good. TJ can't do to Cruz what Cody did. Unless he gets caught and KOd I think the UFC has another Mighty Mouse on their hands. The only difference being Cody can KO anyone. 

It was a good strategy though, Cody forced Cruz to move forward and pull to the center. Normally Cruz is the one that lays back and tries to counter his opponent's aggression.  Cody wasn't falling into that trap.  What surprised me was how quickly Cruz seemed to get frustrated when his usual game plan wasn't working, it seemed barely into the second round he was trying to do things he doesn't ever do and was getting his clock cleaned for his efforts. 

22 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It was a good strategy though, Cody forced Cruz to move forward and pull to the center. Normally Cruz is the one that lays back and tries to counter his opponent's aggression.  Cody wasn't falling into that trap.  What surprised me was how quickly Cruz seemed to get frustrated when his usual game plan wasn't working, it seemed barely into the second round he was trying to do things he doesn't ever do and was getting his clock cleaned for his efforts. 

Florian was talking about that, how Cody was able to "out-counter a counter-puncher".

But the funny thing is, his freudian slip.

Instead of saying "out-counter", Florian said "out-Conor" him

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Florian was talking about that, how Cody was able to "out-counter a counter-puncher".

But the funny thing is, his freudian slip.

Instead of saying "out-counter", Florian said "out-Conor" him

Right and the interesting part about it was that Dillishaw vs. Cruz felt like a chess match. Two guys with a very similar style fighting near mirror images in there. Then Cody comes along and basically counters that style with his own speed and power.  It's like witnessing the next generation of whats to come before our very eyes.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachEdmund/status/815271957897809921

Cyborg was offered the 145 title bout with Holm but she turned it down because she said she was recovering for the weight cut from 140. She was flagged for a possible USADA violation. She not fighting any time soon. 

Valentina beat Nunes in the 3rd round. Nunes hasn't proven she doesn't gas. I think my girl Valentina beats her.