Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I thought it'd be Nate, but at 155. Damn, 170. McGregor is nutty.

If he wins, what in the actual ****, man. Nate got some hands, very cool matchup. McGregor has him in the kicking and power departments. Once Nate has that range down though, pfffshh, he works dudes to death. McGregor's left hand is the X factor though. He can cripple pretty much anyone if he lands it cleanly.

Leaning towards McGregor.

• Like 1

Conor "Money" Mcgregor. Talks about money more than Floyd does. Was getting Diaz with all that "I felt sorry for your broke ass, you're rich now" talk. But Nate was making Conor laugh a lot in that presser.

Knew it beforehand, and not to be Captain Obvious, but damn Nate is taller. That staredown was crazy to look at. Conor is always the bigger guy, and he still has Nate with the muscle mass, but Nate was looking down on the dude. Keep him on the outside Nate. Easier said than done.

Wait - did anyone notice after Herb called TO in the middle of the 4th, when they re-started, the clock started with a full 5 minutes, re-starting the round ?

Was that correct ?

EDIT : Nevermind. I must have been wrong. Apparently that incident was at the very end of the 3rd round, not in the middle of the 4th.

Now that was a whole lot entertaining than Silva/Diaz.

If you judge the fight based on the damage to Bispy's face, then it looks like Silva won.

But I think Bispy won by points, on a slight edge.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

if he gets a 10-8 for the third, a draw. Bisping took way more damage dough, Silva fought stupid he gave the fourth round for no reason. 

Lol god damn it Silva. You fought like a fool for most of that fight. 

Wait - did anyone notice after Herb called TO in the middle of the 4th, when they re-started, the clock started with a full 5 minutes, re-starting the round ?

Was that correct ?

Now that was a whole lot entertaining than Silva/Diaz.

If you judge the fight based on the damage to Bispy's face, then it looks like Silva won.

But I think Bispy won by points, on a slight edge.

Silva was on roids for that fight too. 

Silva fought stupid he gave the fourth round for no reason. 

Lol god damn it Silva. You fought like a fool for most of that fight. 

Probably the biggest mistake that Silva made was celebrating for way too long, when the guys kept shouting him the "Fight's not over !! Fight's not over" - over and over. He gave Bisping that much longer to recover from that recent beating.

Some may say it was a communication or language barrier. But Silva knows at least basic english, so I'm pretty sure he understands the basic words "fight not over". And I do think I heard someone telling him that in Portuguese if i remember correctly, and he absolutely heard it because you could see him acknowledge it, but he just brushed it off and kept celebrating. Right as he finally came down from the fence, I was just about to yell out, that he should be disqualified for delaying the fight, similar to the Romero/Kennedy fiasco.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

scored it for Bisping, probably would have preferred to be Silva at the end of the fight. Weird either way

Just hoping Silva goes away before he becomes like Roy Jones. His reaction time has clearly slipped and the once iron chin ain't what it used to be. This is the fight game though, I fully expect a 42 year old Anderson Silva to lose to some dude who lost in the semi's of The Ultimate Fighter 63

I thought Dan Hardy was interviewing them. 

You're right, it was Dan Hardy doing all those interviews. I'm sorry, I just have to ashamedly admit, that at the time, I was not familiar with Dan Hardy, and had to look him up on the internet to discover who he was. I've only been watching MMA for a few years, so "Dan Hardy the fighter" was somewhat before my time. And I've only seen him in his media gigs only a couple times, not enough to know who he was.

However......I still maintain that he currently looks a lot like Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, from Fifth Element :)

You're right, it was Dan Hardy doing all those interviews. I'm sorry, I just have to ashamedly admit, that at the time, I was not familiar with Dan Hardy, and had to look him up on the internet to discover who he was. I've only been watching MMA for a few years, so "Dan Hardy the fighter" was somewhat before my time. And I've only seen him in his media gigs only a couple times, not enough to know who he was.

However......I still maintain that he currently looks a lot like Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, from Fifth Element :)

Damn, you're THAT new to MMA? Props for being such a good fan. Woulda thought you'd been watching for a pretty long while judging by your posts.

I think one of GSP's craziest fights was against Hardy. Won't post any spoilers, just think it's worth the watch.

I didn't see the Bisping/Silva fight, but was following along with the PBP. Saw how he dropped him with the flying knee and ran off in celebration. If he would've pounced, it would've been over.

I remember for years how there was a running joke about how Bisping wanted to fight Anderson so bad, and everybody would laugh over how badly he'd get merked. It was clear as day that Bisping would just be another HL reel KO for the Spider. Here we are, in 2016, and Bisping just beat him.

Time is a son of a *****.

• Like 1

I didn't see the Bisping/Silva fight, but was following along with the PBP. Saw how he dropped him with the flying knee and ran off in celebration. If he would've pounced, it would've been over.

He couldn't. It was right at the end of the round. 

That's one of the reasons that he may have thought the fight was over. I guess he didn't hear the horn because it was so loud all of a sudden, and I guess just assumed Herb Dean was walking over because the fight was over. That's my best guess. Haha.  

Edited by lovetoaster
  • Like 1