Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

TNA has fired Ric Flair, so hopefully he'll be back with WWE soon.

I think Flair has become impossible to work with. He still wants to be a wrestler, he's still a drunk with incredible personal problems, and you simply can never pay him enough to get him out of the financial mess he's in.

Theoretically, Flair should be the greatest manager or color guy in history. But you just know that six months into the job, he's going to pee on a stewardess.

I think Flair has become impossible to work with. He still wants to be a wrestler' date=' he's still a drunk with incredible personal problems, and you simply can never pay him enough to get him out of the financial mess he's in.

Theoretically, Flair should be the greatest manager or color guy in history. But you just know that six months into the job, he's going to pee on a stewardess.[/quote']

I lol'd

So, the Rock says he's back....but he's not. Then Lesnar shows up....but he's not really around. Aren't they having ratings issues right now?

I agree Flair is probably hard to work with. He would make a great manager of a stable that goes for all the belts. It seems they are interested in pushing the tag division a little more now. Just get Rhodes and Ted back together for that.

So, the Rock says he's back....but he's not. Then Lesnar shows up....but he's not really around. Aren't they having ratings issues right now?

Lesnar is contracted for a handful of dates. If they want more Lesnar, he's going to demand millions more. I think Vince already regrets that signing. My prediction is that Brock jobs to HHH and then sort of fades away.

- Jim Ross on the main stream media and wrestling: "Love how some in main stream sports love to knock the genre of sports entertainment yet shows like ESPN's 'First Take' is nothing more than an elongated, promo segment between a villain manager, Skip Bayless, and his 'arch rival,' Stephen A Smith. The role of Mean Gene is played by Jay Crawford. Don't take this as a diss of the show as I'm a regular viewer but main stream sports entities generally do all they can to distance themselves from 'pro wrestling' even though they use regularly elements from the business in this programming. "

I would like to see HBK,HHH, Undertaker and Dusty Rhodes along with maybe Piper and Jerry "The King" Lawler form a legends faction and take over Raw and Smackdown. They could then challenge Dolf Ziggler ,Jack Swaggert etc.The older faction would demand respect. Rock and Brock Lesner could come in. Rock would back the Legends faction and Lesner would go with the other faction. Cena and CM Punk and Shamus and Randy Orton etc would be put in the middle. The future of Raw and Smackdown could be up for grabs. This could be the battle over control since right now former GM's are suppose to run Raw and Smackdown. The former GMs could be on different sides during their week in charge. This could buildup for a major PPV. What does anyone think about that type storyline?

Edited by Gallen5862

Read this about a TNA house show last week, thought it was pretty funny:

- Before Anderson got to say his last name, some fans said KENNEDY to which he replied, "No, he died in a train wreck" which got a good response. And then he said, "you can see that trainwreck every Monday night."

I saw bits and pieces of last night, mainly the Punk/Bryan/Kane love triangle match, Brodus Clay/Show, and Jericho/Cena. All three matches were pretty good. Not sure what the hell is up with the "Yes!Yes!Yes!" chants though. The part that made it hilarious however, was when Punk said "No!No!No!" after every time he hit him.

I thought the promo between Jericho/Cena was awkward to say the least, but the match was okay.

The wtf of the night was Psycho Sid showing up and powerbombing whatshisface in a kind of "Hi, see ya later" squash match. He had that "Living in a van down by the river" look to him.

Daniel Bryan started those Yes! chants around January after he won the World Heavyweight Championship. Funny thing is, it didn't catch on with the live crowds until Wrestlemania in April.

The best matches were the Elimination three-way and Ziggler/Del Rio. Psycho Sid Viscous powerbombed the mess out of Wendy. :ols:

That MITB with Kane, Big Show, Cena, and Y2J is probably going to be the worst MITB we will ever see.

Not to mention that they pretty much guaranteed a Cena victory since it's apparently the only thing he's never done.

Yeah, it is either going to be Cena or Show. I would put my money on Show. Maybe Christ Jericho screws Cena and they can have a feud that ends at Summer Slam and then Y2J can continue his tour.

I actually sort of like The Big Show. I just hate how he goes through these ups and downs from JTTS to Unstoppable Force. In six months, he's going to lose clean to Heath Slater. And then in a year, he's going to an injury angle with Punk where he is a killing machine. And then in two years, he will probably be dead and we'll all feel guilty or something.

I actually sort of like The Big Show. I just hate how he goes through these ups and downs from JTTS to Unstoppable Force. In six months' date=' he's going to lose clean to Heath Slater. And then in a year, he's going to an injury angle with Punk where he is a killing machine. And then in two years, he will probably be dead and we'll all feel guilty or something.[/quote']

I remember back in the day, it used to be a cycle of "Big Show can't be stopped," then Stone Cold/Rock/insert any other name would beat him, and destroy his character in the process, then it would turn into "Big Show can't harness his talent," which would then lead to him being put into weird matches, and then flat out dissapearing, only to repeat the cycle again. It seemed like the only person he was ever able to have a really good feud with, was Lesnar.

I remember back in the day, it used to be a cycle of "Big Show can't be stopped," then Stone Cold/Rock/insert any other name would beat him, and destroy his character in the process, then it would turn into "Big Show can't harness his talent," which would then lead to him being put into weird matches, and then flat out dissapearing, only to repeat the cycle again. It seemed like the only person he was ever able to have a really good feud with, was Lesnar.

I know I'm a fogey, but this why the territory system rocked and why the WWF/WCW/ECW era was at least tolerable. Show's been in WWE for 13 freaking years. Ten years ago, he needed to go to Memphis and get some goofy-ass Memphis gimmick before going to Philly and becoming an absolute killer and then coming back to the WWE fresh with a new act.

He hasn't switched his gear in 13 years. He's just not that interesting.

Andre could never have worked in this era. His whole act thrived because he could simply go around the country as a special attraction month after month.

Dusty Rhodes is about to be run out of Florida??!?!?! Here comes Andre to the rescue.

Jerry Lawler is in trouble in Memphis??!?!?!?!? Here comes Andre.

JYD needs an ally in New Orleans?!?!?!?!? Here comes Andre.

Now, he would be wrestling Jack Swagger every week and gettting extremely drunk.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother