Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Austin would crush those Budweisers (err, "Stevewisers"). Seemed like he would drink (or at least attempt to drink) 15-20 a night, depending on if the show started with a promo, which ended in a Stunner, and beerfest, where he would crush like 5-6, then always get whoever that dude was, to throw him 5-6 more to take back to the locker room.

Cena said something before wrestlemania that holds very true. At some point every superstar has turned their back on the WWE universe.

That, in a nutshell, is why I hate John Cena.

Screw the WWE Universe. This is not DC Comics.

This is what I want out of my wrestlers. I want them to want titles, money, and fame in some order. Or I want them to just enjoy beating people up. Babyfaces want those things through honest means. Heels want them via any means.

Cena's whole character is that he is a sincere WWE performer who is a superstar because he is a superstar. Aside from that, I have no idea what motivates him. He is a perpetual motion machine.

You made me find a glaring hole in the story line from last night. Punk got sobriety tested for being drunk because Eve said, "You can't drink 12 hours prior to an event". Well, Austin violated that, well, every night and didn't get stripped of his title. I realize it's just a story, but glaring storyline issues like that drive me nuts.

I don't mind that, because I've desperately wanted wrestling to get back to some rules for years. That was the biggest problem of the Attitude Era: wrestling no longer had any rules. It's really tough to be a rule breaker, if there are no rules.

I kind of wish that they would acknowledge this sort of thing though.

I actually really like the Johnny Ace character and this sounds like the type of thing that he would implement: a perfectly reasonable rule that still manages to piss people off. It would make sense for Jericho to come out and read from a memo that Johnny mailed out a few weeks ago or something: "According to paragraph 17, subsection 2 of the WWE employee handbook...."

Actually, how much more awesome would this Jericho-Punk feud be if Jericho kept trapping him in obscure rules instead of pushing this lame drinking thing? (Seriously, this is so lame. Both these guys are capable of so much more).

That' date=' in a nutshell, is why I hate John Cena.

Screw the WWE Universe. This is not DC Comics.

This is what I want out of my wrestlers. I want them to want titles, money, and fame in some order. Or I want them to just enjoy beating people up. Babyfaces want those things through honest means. Heels want them via any means.

Cena's whole character is that he is a sincere WWE performer who is a superstar because he is a superstar. Aside from that, I have no idea what motivates him. He is a perpetual motion machine.[/quote']

See there's the issue I see with when Rock came back. He claimed in the final interview the need to beat John Cena at wrestlemania was why he came back. I just don't know that I can believe that. I understand how big Cena has become but when Rock said he needed to be able to say he beat Hogan, Stone Cold, and Cena wrestlemania to be the greatest of all time I just kind of shrugged. Lesnar came back for destruction and I get that. Cena is seemly run by the WWE universe. The thing is when he wrote his own lines he could use the WWE universe which what he did to propel himself into the main light. His ability to improv is what carried him so far. The Raw when Lesnar returned Cena interacted with the crowd chants rather than ignored them. He made jokes about the "Yes" chants and Daniel Bryan. He even acknowledged the Lesnar chants. Not all superstars do that anymore. Ones like Lance Storm(Boring chant), The Rock, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle,etc interacted with the crowd. WWE needs to let him interact with them. Right now he just gets to say how some love and hate him. He needs to play on those emotions. Remember ECW ONS when the crowd hated him mercilessly with chants of "Cena swallow" "Same old ****" "You can't wrestle" etc? He totally screwed with them and taunted them. He loved being able to mess with them. Now the WWE has him ignore it. Cena needs to let of the leash to embrace the love and hate.

Cena is seemly run by the WWE universe.

Please stop saying that. I can't take anyone seriously who uses that phrase. I could probably handle everything that the WWE is currently doing - including the endless Twitter hype and Three Stooges appearances - if they just stopped that.

---------- Post added April-24th-2012 at 11:22 AM ----------

The Raw when Lesnar returned Cena interacted with the crowd chants rather than ignored them. He made jokes about the "Yes" chants and Daniel Bryan. He even acknowledged the Lesnar chants. Not all superstars do that anymore.

They aren't allowed to do that anymore.

As far as I can tell, the only people allowed any flexibility on promos is Cena, HHH, Michaels, Rock, and Taker. Only one of those guys is a full-time wrestler. It seemed like Punk had that freedom for a few weeks, and it was awesome. Now, he's back to do silly skits with everyone else.

I don't understand why they don't get it. They clearly know what gets people excited. They did it with Nexus. They did it with Punk. They did it with HHH-Taker. They did it with Lesnar's comeback. Let the fans think that something "real" is happening and they will connect emotionally with the wrestlers - either by booing or cheering.

I'm not even sure Cena is that good when he goes off-page. He's okay at it, but there is nothing to compare him to.

I don't mind that' date=' because I've desperately wanted wrestling to get back to some rules for years. That was the biggest problem of the Attitude Era: wrestling no longer had any rules. It's really tough to be a rule breaker, if there are no rules.

I kind of wish that they would acknowledge this sort of thing though.[/quote']

That's the problem. They could have had Ace respond with, "Punk is drinking? What era does he think he's in? Does he think he's Stone Cold Steve Austin running around swilling beer and being a general nuisance? This place isn't run all willy nilly anymore. It's people power, and the people do not want a drunk on their shows anymore! In fact, this is why David isn't here tonight. I tasked him weeks ago with creating a new RAW and Smackdown rule book. There is a 12 hour period before the show through the end of it that a superstar cannot consume alcohol. We will follow the test, Chris, and if he fails, you're our new champion!"

This sets up a few things.

1) Otunga is a lawyer, and he's writing a rule book. Perfect.

2) Odd rules that favor Ace's people and hurt the guys not aligned with him.

3) Major heel heat every time Otunga, Eve or Ace enforce any of the rules

4) Explains that its a new rule

5) Sets up a comfrontation with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Even for just a cameo.

That's the problem. They could have had Ace respond with, "Punk is drinking? What era does he think he's in? Does he think he's Stone Cold Steve Austin running around swilling beer and being a general nuisance? This place isn't run all willy nilly anymore. It's people power, and the people do not want a drunk on their shows anymore! In fact, this is why David isn't here tonight. I tasked him weeks ago with creating a new RAW and Smackdown rule book. There is a 12 hour period before the show through the end of it that a superstar cannot consume alcohol. We will follow the test, Chris, and if he fails, you're our new champion!"

This sets up a few things.

1) Otunga is a lawyer, and he's writing a rule book. Perfect.

2) Odd rules that favor Ace's people and hurt the guys not aligned with him.

3) Major heel heat every time Otunga, Eve or Ace enforce any of the rules

4) Explains that its a new rule

5) Sets up a comfrontation with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Even for just a cameo.

There is nothing new in wrestling.

Paul E turned a skinny, ugly referee into the biggest heel in his company by doing this. Bill Alfonso banned the choke slam and would disqualify anyone using it.

Hell, Memphis banned and unbanned the piledriver dozens of times. To this day, if you piledrive someone in front of a Memphis audience, they react as if you just pulled out a gun.

I do like your idea, because - as I said - I love Johnny Ace as the uncaring beauracrat. I'm so tired of evil authority figures in the Mr. McMahon mold. The best villian in Harry Potter was not Voldemort; it was Dolores Umbridge.

Sad.

:(

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/25/buff-bagwell-broken-neck-car-crash/#.T5g0ttn217Y

Wrestler Buff Bagwell Broken Neck in Bad Car Crash

Former WCW wrestling star Buff Bagwell is in intensive care at an Atlanta-area hospital after flipping his Jeep ... reportedly breaking several bones in his neck.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the accident occurred "late Monday" ... leaving the 42-year-old with broken bones in his neck and face ... and a broken jaw.

7:31 AM PDT -- According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Bagwell called his wife from his Jeep around 1:30 PM ... and "advised her he was getting ready to have a seizure."

If you knew you were going to have a seizure, wouldn't you pull over?

Still. That is quite sad.

I was thinking that too. Perhaps he was trying to make it a safe location (like a hospital or home)?

Still...I wonder if the seizures were caused by wrestling lifestyle (drugs, brain injuries, etc)?

Bagwell never came across as the brightest bulb in the string.

Little harsh but yeah he should have pulled over.

---

So Someone was mentioning about the random Edge appearance Monday. Anyone notice Cena then had his chain wrapped around his fist when he confronted Lesnar at the contract signing later? I haven't seen Cena wrap the chain around his fist since his thug days no matter who he was matched up with. Come to think of it I haven't seen him wear it since his thug days(He wore dog tags instead) I know it might not mean much but I found that curious. Edge kept telling Cena to become the guy who was merciless to him and then Cena goes back to chain wrapped fists? Once again I might being looking at too much but there might be something there.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88