Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

So, the top three matches at WM will feature 4 part timers. And Cena. That's exciting, I guess.

Taker will win, because the Taker match is now a check the box kind of thing at WM. Someday, he may lose to "give the rub" to someone, but it won't be Punk who doesn't need it and wouldn't want to be the one to end the streak anyway. Not that I trust the WWE to use a win over Taker to actually propel anyone. Whoever beats him will probably lose to Randy Orton the next night in under five minutes.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. WM is not a wrestling PPV any longer. It's a once a year entertainment event that funds everything else for the rest of the year.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

The Rock and Cena were awesome last night.

Rock's Lance Armstrong quote was perfect.

Did it seem to anyone else that towards the end he went more to the "heel Rock" kind of promo? Obviously, they're not going to have him turn... But I got the heel vibe from him rather than the funny baby face...

It's refreshing to see The Rock back and not cutting the ridiculous promos hes been using in his recent appearances, like saying lame Chinese food jokes and starting "Fruity Pebbles" chants.

I love having The Rock back in the ring, but as loyal as I'll always be to him, I also understand the criticism he's taken for appearing to take his recent wrestling appearances with a half-assed approach. That wasn't the case last night and it did an excellent job of creating initial heat for this match.

I also agree that he started to come off sort of heel-ish, but I think that fits with the likelihood that Cena is going to win.

If you smell, what The Rock is cooking. Yeah, he did seem serious. Hopefully we get silly Rock and Cena for the next three weeks and then they cut another serious promo the Monday before 'Mania.

No more silly Rock and Cena.

"PG" half-hearted Rock segments are painful to watch, and Cena's been silly practically his whole career.

I don't know why people think Punk needs to win at WM against Taker. Plenty of superstars who loss to him have gone on to have careers or already had great careers. Knocking him off at WM with Punks after all the legends that loss to him there? Just seems wrong.

I'm of the belief that the streak should end at some point.

And Punk is one of the best (if not arguably the best) main event guys the WWE has on a regular basis right now.

Punk's in the prime of his career and I can't imagine that Undertaker's going to be a legitimate enough opponent for too much longer (he's already 48 and can only do so much in the ring at this point), so if they want to put someone over by having them end the streak, booking Punk to do the job is as good of an opportunity as any.

So' date=' the top three matches at WM will feature 4 part timers. And Cena. That's exciting, I guess.[/quote']

I wasn't at all surprised when I got on Twitter last night and of course, Bill Simmons was saying something like "HHH, The Rock, Cena, and Undertaker each in the top 3 matches? Just take my money now!"

Oddly, he seems to have now deleted those tweets from his timeline.

I'm of the belief that the streak should end at some point.

And Punk is one of the best (if not arguably the best) main event guys the WWE has on a regular basis right now.

Punk's in the prime of his career and I can't imagine that Undertaker's going to be a legitimate enough opponent for too much longer (he's already 48 and can only do so much in the ring at this point), so if they want to put someone over by having them end the streak, booking Punk to do the job is as good of an opportunity as any.

What's the point of ending it like that? It's forced. It looks like he ended the streak because he's retiring then. 20+ guys walked down that ramp and loss. Legends, HOFers,etc. And Undertaker is gonna fall to Punk? I can say straight up I'd never watch again. If they were gonna end his streak in such a weak way they could have had Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton,etc who were more worthy. I can say right now I won't be ordering/watching WM if that's the weak way they end Taker.

No more silly Rock and Cena.

"PG" half-hearted Rock segments are painful to watch, and Cena's been silly practically his whole career.

I say that because we both know it's going to happen... :ols:

---------- Post added March-5th-2013 at 04:28 PM ----------

What's the point of ending it like that? It's forced. It looks like he ended the streak because he's retiring then. 20+ guys walked down that ramp and loss. Legends, HOFers,etc. And Undertaker is gonna fall to Punk? I can say straight up I'd never watch again. If they were gonna end his streak in such a weak way they could have had Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton,etc who were more worthy. I can say right now I won't be ordering/watching WM if that's the weak way they end Taker.

Punk is way more worthy than Orton. HBK couldn't do it because he was about to retire anyway. And they better not had let Triple H do it. You think people give him a hard time about being Vince's son-in-law now. :ols:

Right now, there are only two people worthy of ending that streak. Punk or Cena. And you have to go with Punk. He's hot right now, and looks like he is going to be one of the top people in the company for the next couple of years.

The UT isn't moving slow for effect anymore. :)

Seriously, I know next year is WM 30, but wouldn't this be 20-0 if UT wins? If that's the case, he should retire a winner.

Sadly, the right storyline if he was physically able would be him having one Title....fighting for the other title.....WINNING that other one. Unifying it....and then leaving. Basically creating a huge contest for a new champ at Summer Slam with all your prime players fighting for it.

Sadly, the right storyline if he was physically able would be him having one Title....fighting for the other title.....WINNING that other one. Unifying it....and then leaving. Basically creating a huge contest for a new champ at Summer Slam with all your prime players fighting for it.

That would be epic.

Undertaker is 20-0 now.

I follow all this stuff on the internet. All the "smarks" complaining about part time this, part time that. I, myself, complained about how crappy the card was shaping up just a couple of weeks ago. But I'm over it. It's Wrestlemania. It's the only time I'm going to get to go to one, screw it. I'm going to mark out. Rock/Cena? Sure. HHH/Lesnar? You go it. Punk/Taker? Lets go 20-1! IF all my guys lose so be it.

Unless Jack Swagger wins. If that happens I'm going to be pissed.......

Everyone realizes that The Streak is just a complete fluke that someone noticed a few years ago and then attempted to turn into something? It doesn't even include consecutive Wrestlemanias. He was not on the cards of 10 and 16.

This is "The Streak."

Washed up Jimmy Snuka

Jake Roberts

The truly awful Giant Gonzalez by DQ.

The washed up King King Bundy

The departing Diesel

There was not a meaningful match until WM 13. Here he starts to matter.

Sid

Kane

A truly terrible Hell in the Cell with The Big Bossman

HHH

Flair (which I do not remember at all)

Big Show and A-train

Kane again

Randy Orton

Mark Henry

Batista

Edge

Shawn Michaels (is this where the Streak became a thing?)

Michaels

HHH

HHH

It's kind of the genius of McMahon and company that they turned a fluke into a reason to buy a PPV. If someone had booke a screwjob finish 15 years ago, this never would have mattered. It's kind of amazing that Taker got through the Russo Era unscathed. It would be bizarre if he was 19-1 with the 1 being Mae Young or something.

---------- Post added March-5th-2013 at 05:58 PM ----------

Right now, there are only two people worthy of ending that streak. Punk or Cena. And you have to go with Punk. He's hot right now, and looks like he is going to be one of the top people in the company for the next couple of years.

That is such Dusty Rhodes booking. Take your biggest star....and pump him bigger. Invent matches for him to win. Create titles for him to carry.

If Punk's long title reign didn't give him all the credibility he needs, he should retire.

The person to end the Streak needs to be on the Wade Barrett level. Someone struggling to become a top of the card guy. Hell, even Ryback would make some sense since they have taken most of the air out of that balloon.

There is no one "worthy" right now, because there is only one star in the WWE and that's Cena. There is he, then some part time legends behind him. Then, I guess, Punk. Then the rest of the roster who are forbidden from rising any higher.

The WWE can milk the Streak for millions for a few more years. So, there is no value in killing it unless you are about to give the winner a Steve Austin-level push to the moon.

I don't think the WWE is interested in making any wrestler that famous ever again. The last three guys to get too famous left. Cena is the perfect level of fame for them. They don't want anyone bigger than that. And he's not going anywhere for a long long long time.

---------- Post added March-5th-2013 at 05:59 PM ----------

The only reason to do anything in wrestling is to make money off it. There is no money in having anyone beat the Undertaker right now - partly by choice.

Everyone realizes that The Streak is just a complete fluke that someone noticed a few years ago and then attempted to turn into something? It doesn't even include consecutive Wrestlemanias. He was not on the cards of 10 and 16.

This is "The Streak."

Washed up Jimmy Snuka

Jake Roberts

The truly awful Giant Gonzalez by DQ.

The washed up King King Bundy

The departing Diesel

There was not a meaningful match until WM 13. Here he starts to matter.

Sid

Kane

A truly terrible Hell in the Cell with The Big Bossman

HHH

Flair (which I do not remember at all)

Big Show and A-train

Kane again

Randy Orton

Mark Henry

Batista

Edge

Shawn Michaels (is this where the Streak became a thing?)

Michaels

HHH

HHH

It's kind of the genius of McMahon and company that they turned a fluke into a reason to buy a PPV. If someone had booke a screwjob finish 15 years ago' date=' this never would have mattered. It's kind of amazing that Taker got through the Russo Era unscathed. It would be bizarre if he was 19-1 with the 1 being Mae Young or something.[/quote']

The Streak is really more of a testament to Undertaker's genius with backstage politics than anything else.

Which is why ending it certainly wouldn't hurt his "legacy."

The Streak is like a footnote on Undertaker's career that people only remember when it's time for Wrestlemania.

Well, first, review the list that LKB posted of the opponents the Undertaker has beaten over his career to create The Streak.

Guys like Mark Henry, Big Bossman, The Big Show, A-Train? Jobbers. Edge and Batista were both awesome but their careers at the top were so short (especially Batista's) that holding wins over them isn't very meaningful in the long run.

Either he keeps The Streak going for another couple of years and walks out unretired, and leaves it at 21-0 or something, or he finally loses.

And CM Punk would be a much better choice, given WWE's current status, than Randy Orton or I think even Cena. And Punk would probably be able to actually get a solid match out of Undertaker, something I doubt Cena would be able to do.

Which is why ending it certainly wouldn't hurt his "legacy."

Legacies in wrestling are stupid and have nothing to do with wins and losses. Flair had one of the greatest "legacies" ever. I bet he didn't "win" 30 matches between 1985 and 1992.

I just don't see where the money is in having UT lose. There is no reason you can't wheel his carcas out once a year for the next three or four years to put on a ten minute match and have a built-in storyline for the top of the card. There's literally millions of dollars worth of reasons to keep it going down.

There is no reason to end it unless you are going to build the company around Punk. Which they are not going to do.

Who did Dolph Ziggler piss off? Taping out to the Miz? Why did he even win the money in the bank match?

---------- Post added March-5th-2013 at 10:50 PM ----------

Legacies in wrestling are stupid and have nothing to do with wins and losses. Flair had one of the greatest "legacies" ever. I bet he didn't "win" 30 matches between 1985 and 1992.

I just don't see where the money is in having UT lose. There is no reason you can't wheel his carcas out once a year for the next three or four years to put on a ten minute match and have a built-in storyline for the top of the card. There's literally millions of dollars worth of reasons to keep it going down.

There is no reason to end it unless you are going to build the company around Punk. Which they are not going to do.

Taker is going to retire soon. He is an old school wrestling guy. He will go out on his back...

---------- Post added March-5th-2013 at 10:54 PM ----------

Ryback/Henry stare down was interesting.

Hopefully one of them will get a post Wrestlemania push and take the belt off Cena

Edited by jobaga

Paul Bearer died :(

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.

Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans.

undertaker-holy-urn-4.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/paul-bearer-passes-26096670

RIP

Edited by spjunkies

Ok, this Paul Bearer stuff along with Taker V Punk has me thinking about the Brothers of Destruction and that whole history. If the plan is for Taker to win and then go one more time for WM 30. Then I've got the storyline for that, but it involves on final huge push for Kane and UT to be part of a 4-6 month storyline leading up to the event.

Taker wins this year. He also comes back early next year or late 2013 and wins one of the main belts.

After that there is a split (much later than probably) between Kane and Daniel Bryan leading to a match between them. UT helps Kane beat him and however they want to work it....become Tag Champs. So UT and Kane are Tag champs and UT also has a title.

Then around the Royal Rumble, Kane wins the other big title. So the brothers of destruction basically are the biggest of big dogs.

Falling out puts Kane v Undertaker for UT's final match and both world titles at WM30. UT wins...takes both AND Kane's half of the tag championship....then he retires leaving a void to reboot basically the tracks for the new unified belt and new tag team champs.

Then go from there. Its like a comic book rebooting their storyline after it gets too confusing.

Edited by Buford

Ok, this Paul Bearer stuff along with Taker V Punk has me thinking about the Brothers of Destruction and that whole history. If the plan is for Taker to win and then go one more time for WM 30. Then I've got the storyline for that, but it involves on final huge push for Kane and UT to be part of a 4-6 month storyline leading up to the event.

Taker wins this year. He also comes back early next year or late 2013 and wins one of the main belts.

After that there is a split (much later than probably) between Kane and Daniel Bryan leading to a match between them. UT helps Kane beat him and however they want to work it....become Tag Champs. So UT and Kane are Tag champs and UT also has a title.

Then around the Royal Rumble, Kane wins the other big title. So the brothers of destruction basically are the biggest of big dogs.

Falling out puts Kane v Undertaker for UT's final match and both world titles at WM30. UT wins...takes both AND Kane's half of the tag championship....then he retires leaving a void to reboot basically the tracks for the new unified belt and new tag team champs.

Then go from there. Its like a comic book rebooting their storyline after it gets too confusing.

That's not bad in theory. But that's an awful lot of Kane and Undertaker - which has been done to death, then buried, then resurrected, then hit with a shovel, buried again, and resurrected again - in 2013 and 2014. I think fans would get pretty bored with fat, bald Undertaker if they saw him on tv every week.

WWE doesn't see Kane as a "top guy" at this stage of his career (according to insiders) and they aren't gonna put a mid carder in the main event of the 30th anniversary of WM.

Also, I'd bet money that Punk is winning this year. He is a top guy yet he's been jobbed out the last 3 months and needs that defining moment

---------- Post added March-6th-2013 at 03:55 PM ----------

also, aren't you tired of seeing kane vs taker?

That's not bad in theory. But that's an awful lot of Kane and Undertaker - which has been done to death' date=' then buried, then resurrected, then hit with a shovel, buried again, and resurrected again - in 2013 and 2014. I think fans would get pretty bored with fat, bald Undertaker if they saw him on tv every week.[/quote']

I hear you. But you could squeeze that into less than half a year. I mean, they did Punk for over a year there, so longer storylines can be done again.

Also, they are bring back HHH and Brock who aren't there hardly ever for a WM match. So, two 7 footers that are over with the crowd already? I think the fans would dig it.

---------- Post added March-6th-2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

WWE doesn't see Kane as a "top guy" at this stage of his career (according to insiders) and they aren't gonna put a mid carder in the main event of the 30th anniversary of WM.

Also, I'd bet money that Punk is winning this year. He is a top guy yet he's been jobbed out the last 3 months and needs that defining moment

also, aren't you tired of seeing kane vs taker?

Generally...yes. but for UT's final match I can't think of a better way to close the cycle.

I feel for Kane. All the guy does is consistently play whatever role they ask of him.

Edited by Buford

I've got news for you. The early favorite for WM 30 is probably Rock vs Cena unless they can talk Steve Austin back for one more match.

They have figured out that Wrestlemania basically sells itself with the current crowd and that the way the break records is to do Wrestlemania + nostalgia + celebrities. The Rock is the perfect headliner for Wrestlemania because he brings in the nostalgia crowd and the celebrity factor. The only problem is that he's actually been too involved with wrestling for the last year. He needs to go away for a while.

I'm sure Vince's dream WM XXX card is something like

Rock-Cena

Austin-Punk

UT - Wrestler to be determined later

Brock vs. Someone from the Shield

HHH-Michaels

Titties go bounce bounce match

Del Rio - Some Chinese wrestler because that's an untapped market

Miz-Justin Bieber

Dolph - Rhonda Rousey

10 other matches so everyone can get a payday

---------- Post added March-6th-2013 at 06:44 PM ----------

I feel for Kane. All the guy does is consistently play whatever role they ask of him.

When Kane had his debut, everyone assumed he was in for a six month run. Somehow, he turned a basic Earthquake/King Kong Bundy/Kamala push into a fifteen year career where he has never been off tv and never been lower than the upper mid card.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother