Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

What about mongo McMichael? was he there??? :)

I'm glad i decided to DVR this before I went out last night, should be a good watch later.....

What sucks is that it went a few minutes over. I watched it, and recorded it on my DVR as well, but it missed the ending. I meant to record the next show, but I forgot.

What about mongo McMichael? was he there??? :)

I'm glad i decided to DVR this before I went out last night, should be a good watch later.....

No bull. It seems like Mongo just fell off of the face of the earth.

The Flair tribute was very well done and not many top guys get to go out like that.

over the past 10 years i am, but as far as career, there really isnt anybody that could compete with flair.....

I can understand you saying The Rock, but all Jericho ever did was come out and whine and scream and then that would be it. He had no showmanship and had absolutely zero charisma. He was the opposite of charisma to the point of annoyance.

You could have said Stone Cold over Jericho and maybe gotten somewhere. But Jericho in my opinion is a horrible character. Y2J? Come on!! Fozzie? Really?

:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2rk43OleY

This is truly my favorite Ric Flair moment, he laid it all out that night in a true shoot promo.

That was the same night of my first live WWE event. March 26, 2001, Cleveland, Ohio. I still remember the look on Vince's face after Shane said "the contract does read McMahon..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wO1nU6fufM

That was the same night of my first live WWE event. March 26, 2001, Cleveland, Ohio. I still remember the look on Vince's face after Shane said "the contract does read McMahon..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wO1nU6fufM

Ha I was at that Raw too, I almost didnt go once I heard about WcW being bought by WWF. WcW was my fav and I wanted to stay home and watch it live, I taped it, somewhere its still around on VHS. The last Nitro, back when wrestling ruled.

Indeed.

Part 1

Part 2

Only one thing I didn't like about it, it was in the wrong ring. Ric Flair was and always will be NWA/WcW to me. From watching him wrestle at Thomas Stone high school back in the 80's to watching him at Nitro at the Gund. To the when him and Hogan finally competed, to seeing him wrestling Sting at the Great American Bash in Baltimore in 1990.

Guest sith lord
Only one thing I didn't like about it, it was in the wrong ring. Ric Flair was and always will be NWA/WcW to me. From watching him wrestle at Thomas Stone high school back in the 80's to watching him at Nitro at the Gund. To the when him and Hogan finally competed, to seeing him wrestling Sting at the Great American Bash in Baltimore in 1990.

Someone who gets it. :applause: :applause: :applause:

It's a shame that Vince did everything in his power to run the old NWA/WCW out of business, now he's profiting from it.

I remember NWA being held in HS gymnasiums!!! Man, I had forgotten about that. NWA was always the little **** brother to the WWF but it really came into its own and was pretty cool for a while there.

I agree that it was a shame that Vince killed it because I enjoyed it.

Someone who gets it. :applause: :applause: :applause:

It's a shame that Vince did everything in his power to run the old NWA/WCW out of business, now he's profiting from it.

What did Vince do that made WCW lose 20+ million dollars a year at the end?

WCW made money in 2 years. Every other year it operated at a loss. Ted turner didn't care if he lost money, Time Warner did. It was as simple as that....

Guest sith lord
What did Vince do that made WCW lose 20+ million dollars a year at the end?

WCW made money in 2 years. Every other year it operated at a loss. Ted turner didn't care if he lost money, Time Warner did. It was as simple as that....

I'm not talking about the dying days of WCW. I'm talking about the Crockett owned NWA of the 80's. You name it, Vince did it. The one thing that sticks out in my mind the most is Vince running the first ever Survivor Series on the same night (Thanksgiving) as the NWA's biggest event, Starrcade in 1987, which, of course, destroyed Starrcade's buyrate. That was low.

Vince was told by the cable industry to never do that again.

Starrcade 1987 was doomed from the get go. 1987 was a big push year for Crockett as they really wanted to try and make a presence in Vince-run areas. Crockett purchased the fledgling UWF and thought that running Starrcade 1987 in a non-NWA town would be a good move. Most of the cable systems were strong-armed into showing Survivor Series and not Starrcade which doomed Crockett when it came to making any money on the show.

Vince did such an incredible job at marketing his product across the US and globally. By late 1987-1988, the damage was done.

Guest sith lord
Starrcade 1987 was doomed from the get go. 1987 was a big push year for Crockett as they really wanted to try and make a presence in Vince-run areas. Crockett purchased the fledgling UWF and thought that running Starrcade 1987 in a non-NWA town would be a good move. Most of the cable systems were strong-armed into showing Survivor Series and not Starrcade which doomed Crockett when it came to making any money on the show.

Vince did such an incredible job at marketing his product across the US and globally. By late 1987-1988, the damage was done.

Incredible job of marketing my butt, that was just flat out nasty what he did in 1987.

Ric Flair and the NWA was a better WRESTLING PRODUCT in the 80's. They weren't cartoonish like the wwe was and they had overall better workers. Go and watch Flair from his NWA days and comparing that to Hogan's wwe run is a joke.

U know I was wondering where Shane Douglas was the other night and what he thought about it. lol

Guest sith lord
U know I was wondering where Shane Douglas was the other night and what he thought about it. lol

A lot of what Shane Douglas say about Flair is said to be true. Flair might be the greatest, but from what I heard, he kept a lot of guys down.

By the mid-80s, you could see the WWF on many cable networks across the country. Vince was sending tapes of his product to hundreds of local television stations to increase his exposure as well as investing money in TV time all over the US. By doing this, he could run shows anywhere in the country, draw good crowds and make money. The NWA/Georgia product ran from Florida up to WV & Ohio up until the mid-80s. What you saw on TBS on Saturday evening at 605pm post-1984 was the Georgia product. Vince couldn't draw near the amount he was accustomed to when booking shows along the East coast as this was Crockett territory. Crockett trying to make money and run their biggest yearly event in Chicago, clearly a Vince town was a terrible decision.

Starrcade 1987 was a financial death-knell for Crockett as they lost a considerable amount of money. They also lost money on the UWF buyout which really did nothing more than bring in about a dozen guys that were over in the Mid-South to Crockett. By 1988, Crockett was about bust and that is when Billionaire Ted came in to save my beloved NWA and turn it into WCW.

Guest sith lord
By the mid-80s, you could see the WWF on many cable networks across the country. Vince was sending tapes of his product to hundreds of local television stations to increase his exposure as well as investing money in TV time all over the US. By doing this, he could run shows anywhere in the country, draw good crowds and make money. The NWA/Georgia product ran from Florida up to WV & Ohio up until the mid-80s. What you saw on TBS on Saturday evening at 605pm post-1984 was the Georgia product. Vince couldn't draw near the amount he was accustomed to when booking shows along the East coast as this was Crockett territory. Crockett trying to make money and run their biggest yearly event in Chicago, clearly a Vince town was a terrible decision.

Starrcade 1987 was a financial death-knell for Crockett as they lost a considerable amount of money. They also lost money on the UWF buyout which really did nothing more than bring in about a dozen guys that were over in the Mid-South to Crockett. By 1988, Crockett was about bust and that is when Billionaire Ted came in to save my beloved NWA and turn it into WCW.

I know very well that Vince did an incredible job with marketing the WWE in the 80's. But that's not what I was arguing about. I was just talking about some of the shady things Vince did to try to run the NWA out of business and now he's making money off of it.