Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Turned on Raw for 10 min last night. A few things stand out.

1. Even with NXT or staff people at ringside, starting with anything but a match immediately is a mistake. There is no juice.

2. These "talk show" segments have always been bad. Even going back to Piper's Pit. But now everyone has one. Owens, and Miz and Bliss and oh...MVP is back?

3. Why doesn't Zelina compete more? She is a really good heel. Injury?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On Netflix I saw a program on Catch Fetiche, AKA voodoo wrestling, which is a big deal in the Congo.

WWF needs to up their game. In one bout of Voodoo Wrestling a spell was cast on a wrestler, he was put in a coffin and turned into a goat.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I would’ve done that when I was like, 20 and stupid. 

Did that every day after coming home from school (doing swanton bombs and 450 splashes off of furniture.

Dunno how I didn't break my neck

Edited by Mr. Sinister

53 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Compared to what though? 90 minutes of promos and fluff with 10 minutes of actual wrestling that the WWE and AEW put out each week?

Yeah, that's better than jumping off a mall railing just because you can. 

But do you actually watch the shows?  The opening match on AEW last week was a solid 16 minute match.  There were 5 other matches after that, I think.  RAW had even more matches than that.

18 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Yeah, that's better than jumping off a mall railing just because you can. 

But do you actually watch the shows?  The opening match on AEW last week was a solid 16 minute match.  There were 5 other matches after that, I think.  RAW had even more matches than that.

Tbf, off and on. It just seems like promos and backstage stuff has taken over the major shows. Perhaps its no different than before. 😕

Btw that mall leap reminded me of ECW stuff from back in the day.

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf, off and on. It just seems like promos and backstage stuff has taken over the major shows. Perhaps its no different than before. 😕

Btw that mall leap reminded me of ECW stuff from back in the day.

I went to one of those Prime Time Pro Wrestling events in DC last year at DC Brau. Nothing this crazy, but some guys tried to go through concrete. Seems like AEW right now is focusing on matches while WWE is focusing on mini-talk shows. Probably would be better served filling 3 hours of RAW with matches.