Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prostitution legalized???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have no idea of why the Christian Right just has to keep everyone living on the same moral ground as they so choose.

Lets say that prostitution is legalized. Let's say that there are more people visiting prostitutes than ever before. Let's say that more girls are choosing to go into this line of work.

Exactly where is the problem?

If you don't agree with it, DON'T DO IT. Just like if you don't particularly like sexually explicit movies, DON'T WATCH THEM.

What's remarkable is that nearly everyone in this country acknowledges that the era of prohibition was a horrible idea, but never seem to understand why it was a horrible idea. People were doing it anyway, they felt like it was their personal right, the bootlegging industry was inherently dangerous because of underground crime, and the only people making money off of it (and lots of it) were criminals (and Kennedys... lol).

How times have changed... :rolleyes:

Who judges that problem?? Why should a man pay more than a woman for the same "service" will men be discriminated against just because there men??

Supply and demand. that affects prices. not many women need to pay for sex, they just have to goto a bar and scream "I'm Drunk!" :laugh:

But legalized prostitution is men too. We just concentrate on women though.

I have no idea of why the Christian Right just has to keep everyone living on the same moral ground as they so choose.

Lets say that prostitution is legalized. Let's say that there are more people visiting prostitutes than ever before. Let's say that more girls are choosing to go into this line of work.

Exactly where is the problem?

If you don't agree with it, DON'T DO IT. Just like if you don't particularly like sexually explicit movies, DON'T WATCH THEM.

What's remarkable is that nearly everyone in this country acknowledges that the era of prohibition was a horrible idea, but never seem to understand why it was a horrible idea. People were doing it anyway, they felt like it was their personal right, the bootlegging industry was inherently dangerous because of underground crime, and the only people making money off of it (and lots of it) were criminals (and Kennedys... lol).

How times have changed... :rolleyes:

Well since close to 80% of the people in the US affiliate themselves with some sort of "Christ-based faith" and we live in a democratic society that is supposed to view issues as "Whats in the best intrest for the country as a whole" you will probably are going to lose if your pushing anything that is "anti-christ based", but lets not hijack this thread on another religious debate.

Out of curiosity would you go visit a prositute if it was leagal?

Well since close to 80% of the people in the US affiliate themselves with some sort of "Christ-based faith" and we live in a democratic society that is supposed to view issues as "Whats in the best intrest for the country as a whole" you will probably are going to lose if your pushing anything that is "anti-christ based", but lets not hijack this thread on another religious debate.

Out of curiosity would you go visit a prositute if it was leagal?

of those 80%, how many actually believe that the gov't should govern what is morally right?

and for the record, now, no I wouldn't. But when I was in college, a few times my friends and I went looking for the helluva it. Then we heard that the strip clubs had prostitutes. We decided against it, because by this time we weren't freshmen anymore, and well, the "pool" became a little deeper. ;)

of those 80%, how many actually believe that the gov't should govern what is morally right?

and for the record, now, no I wouldn't. But when I was in college, a few times my friends and I went looking for the helluva it. Then we heard that the strip clubs had prostitutes. We decided against it, because by this time we weren't freshmen anymore, and well, the "pool" became a little deeper. ;)

Enough that there seems to be an out cryfrom those who disagree with Christ based priciples and don't feel they should have to be subjected to those priciples even if the laws we have passed in this country were made to uphold those priciples.

Laws of a country must reflect the nature of that country or that country will lose its identitiy and no longer exist..........(note the Civil War)...thats what almost ripped the country in half establishing two separate nations.

Enough that there seems to be an out cryfrom those who disagree with Christ based priciples and don't feel they should have to be subjected to those priciples even if the laws we have passed in this country were made to uphold those priciples.

Laws of a country must reflect the nature of that country or that country will lose its identitiy and no longer exist..........(note the Civil War)...thats what almost ripped the country in half establishing two separate nations.

Personally I think it's more of a squeaky wheel gets the oil. I think it's a minority, but they are just louder, because the other side is just apethetic about it. They don't care either way, so why say anything.

I'd argue that among the men on this message board an illegal alien willing to work in a field for some money would get more respect then a hooker.

I resent that remark. Some of my best friends are . . . I mean . . .

Never mind.

:)

Thanks for posting that zguy. I don't really agree with it though.

I would suggest that we do a study on how well we enforce the strip club industry in this country. I know there are heavy regulations on what goes on in strip clubs. Do we do a good job of enforcing them?

If yes, then I don't see how we would be unable to enforce regulations in legalized prostitution.

If no, then we would probably see the same bad patterns that arose in other countries in the article.

Thanks for posting that zguy. I don't really agree with it though.

I would suggest that we do a study on how well we enforce the strip club industry in this country. I know there are heavy regulations on what goes on in strip clubs. Do we do a good job of enforcing them?

If yes, then I don't see how we would be unable to enforce regulations in legalized prostitution.

If no, then we would probably see the same bad patterns that arose in other countries in the article.

Some strip clubs yes...very regulated. Others not so much, but they usually get caught and closed down...at least around here they did

Once you leagalize things and it becomes part of society it in turn will be taught as acceptable practice,...would you want your daughter or grand daughter being told buy there high school guidance counseler that as a result of there test scores and future aspirations that they fit the profile for a prostitute? " Well Cindy it looks like your best suited for ******* guys, by the way when do you turn 18? I would love to be your first customer and get your buisness started!!"

Then these girls (even if they don't want to) have been conditioned by an accepting society that prostitution is there only way to go?

Then she can't meet a guy because shes a hooker and I don't know to many guys that are down with dating a hooker.

Then if she does get married does she quit her career and what she has been taught is her only way to make a living in society?

What do you tell your kids? "Leave mommmy alone sweetie, she tired from being pounded all day long by strange men."

I doubt Im kissing her when she walks in the door unless she gargeled with draino and alcohol.

Not a good idea to leagalize prostitution.......

Man, that is just pathetic. Once your kids turn 18, it isn't your business what they do anymore. They're adults. On top of that, if they chose to fail in school, maybe it's because the parents deemed it acceptable, not the councelers. Parents need to parent, teach their kids what's right and wrong and in the end pray they use it. Again, if that's what an ADULT chooses to do, be a prostitute, who are we to tell her not to? I can think of a million better reasons to lock somebody up.

Absolutely not. Prostitution transforms humans into commodity items to be bought and sold that devalues the people involved and all of us to some extent. I also wonder what it would do for marriage, which lets face it is already a failing institution in America. Making it easier to get some on the side won't help matters.

And the institution of marriage in America matters because...

Man, that is just pathetic. Once your kids turn 18, it isn't your business what they do anymore. They're adults. On top of that, if they chose to fail in school, maybe it's because the parents deemed it acceptable, not the councelers. Parents need to parent, teach their kids what's right and wrong and in the end pray they use it. Again, if that's what an ADULT chooses to do, be a prostitute, who are we to tell her not to? I can think of a million better reasons to lock somebody up.

Haha,....pathedic,......some could argue your views on what happens when you kid turns 18 is pathetic,................but I would say you just sound a little hateful about life..

Please try and articulate with out insults....

Haha,....pathedic,......some could argue your views on what happens when you kid turns 18 is pathetic,................but I would say you just sound a little hateful about life..

Please try and articulate with out insults....

Hateful? No. I was told growing up that after I leave to live on my own, there was no crawling back. That and I get sick and tired hearing about how much some parents love their kids only to hear later about how much they ignore them. My experience with succesful parenting is really limited to what I've learned from my dad. A lot of bad horror stories in Woodbridge.

...it's been the basis of human civilization since the dawn of time.

...the majority of Americans say it matters

...families are important because for their role in raising future generations.

Pick one or all of them or try thinking about it and coming up with dozens more.

I did everything back@sswards when it comes to life.

i went to a private university and private law school, then joined the military so that I recieved no GI Bill assistance.

I was in my mid thirties, and the year I join, the DOD states that next year there will be a policy that going to a pro will be illegal for all members- even in countries WHERE IT IS LEGAL TODAY!! :doh:

I've got a completely unrealistic proposition for you...

Get a college degree in something, then get your teacher's license. Teach 4 or 5 years, just to get a good sample. Then, take a close look at what you see are the differences between kids with stable, two-parent families and kids from families broken in one way or another, be it divorce, death, mom not being married in the first place, or mom not being competent to do the job so grandma, who is already tired from the first go around, has to try to do it again.

Then, come back and tell me if you think the institution of marriage in America matters.

Please note: There are exceptions. I've had students from two parent households who were totally screwed up, and students being raised by a single parent who were wonderful people. These are, however, exceptions.

A child needs a mother and a father. Children learn from each parent how to behave. Boys learn how to be men from their fathers, and how to treat a woman from their mothers (and fathers). It's the same for girls (but reversed, of course). Men and women bring different things to the table in a child's development.

A child needs the stability marriage offers. I'm sure everyone knows the kid that plays mom against dad, because each feels guilty about the divorce, and discipline suffers.

Is it possible to succesfully raise a child outside of this ideal environment? Yes. But it's harder. MUCH harder. And there are a lot more failures.

So, like I said, go get a teacher's license and teach in a public school for 4 or 5 years. Then, come back and ask that again.

I did everything back@sswards when it comes to life.

i went to a private university and private law school, then joined the military so that I recieved no GI Bill assistance.

I was in my mid thirties, and the year I join, the DOD states that next year there will be a policy that going to a pro will be illegal for all members- even in countries WHERE IT IS LEGAL TODAY!! :doh:

What you thought the military didn't own your genitalia as well?

WRONG!!!

Archived