Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Day Without Illegal Aliens (and friends)

Fergasun

This morning I woke up at 6:15 am, getting an extra hour of sleep (in anticipation of light traffic). Typically leaving at 6 am would yield a 1 hour drive to work. Leaving at 6:15 am would make the drive 15 minutes longer, and leaving between 6:45 and 8 would give me a commute ~ 1.5 hours.

I left this morning at 7 am and got to work at 8 am. There was significantly less traffic on the freeway (I drive from the San Fernando Valley up north to Ventura). Local traffic around the Camarillo/Oxnard area (where there are lots of fields with illegal labor) was light. The fields were empty. I would say at least 500 workers are in these fields typically... with their beat-up expired registration muddied cars parked along the side of the road... leaving the roadway quite dusty and muddy. The roadway was clear of everything this morning, and the fields were empty. I'm sure the workers will come in this Saturday or Sunday to finish off the work.

My workplace was unaffected... that was to be expected. Our cleaning ladies were there and I heartily thanked them when they passed through my cube.

After work, I left at 4:15. Again, this would give me a 1.5-2 hour drive. I got home at 5:15 and excitedtly told my wife we were going shopping. The roads were clear and there would be significantly less crowds around. We drove to one of the local shopping centers. It was like a ghost town... PERFECT! At Macy's the customers were outnumbered by the employees. We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. There was no wait! They appeared to be understaffed, but it didn't ruin the experience for us. Went to Babies R Us and picked up some stuff for our baby... finally we ended the day at Best Buy, just window shopping. I played XBOX 360 (finally) and won on a hail mary with no time left.

Overall it was a great day. I have no sympathy for businesses that lose money, as they are either 1) In the business of selling to illegals or 2) In the business of hiring illegals. American born workers were able to handle all the work at the stores I mentioned.

I wish tommorrow we could have another day without the Illegal Aliens and their friends... perhaps even a week, month, year or decade. Maybe some places would go out of business due to shrinking customer base, and maybe some goods would cost a little bit more money . That money would get recycled through the economy anyways (kind've like the middle class tax breaks). All in all, today was one of the better days I've had here in Southern California.

I'm in Phoenix AZ.....

I work at circuit city so we get a ton of 9 people per householf groups buying 62 inch TV's:laugh:

either way I came in........and I had to laugh......3 people didn't show up and the floor's , bathrooms were a mess....not to mention DUST everywhere.......lol.......

We didn't even come close to our sales goals....maybe 65% tops......

we did have a higher amount of expected non-shoppers show up though.....

This morning I woke up at 6:15 am, getting an extra hour of sleep (in anticipation of light traffic). Typically leaving at 6 am would yield a 1 hour drive to work. Leaving at 6:15 am would make the drive 15 minutes longer, and leaving between 6:45 and 8 would give me a commute ~ 1.5 hours.

I left this morning at 7 am and got to work at 8 am. There was significantly less traffic on the freeway (I drive from the San Fernando Valley up north to Ventura). Local traffic around the Camarillo/Oxnard area (where there are lots of fields with illegal labor) was light. The fields were empty. I would say at least 500 workers are in these fields typically... with their beat-up expired registration muddied cars parked along the side of the road... leaving the roadway quite dusty and muddy. The roadway was clear of everything this morning, and the fields were empty. I'm sure the workers will come in this Saturday or Sunday to finish off the work.

My workplace was unaffected... that was to be expected. Our cleaning ladies were there and I heartily thanked them when they passed through my cube.

After work, I left at 4:15. Again, this would give me a 1.5-2 hour drive. I got home at 5:15 and excitedtly told my wife we were going shopping. The roads were clear and there would be significantly less crowds around. We drove to one of the local shopping centers. It was like a ghost town... PERFECT! At Macy's the customers were outnumbered by the employees. We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. There was no wait! They appeared to be understaffed, but it didn't ruin the experience for us. Went to Babies R Us and picked up some stuff for our baby... finally we ended the day at Best Buy, just window shopping. I played XBOX 360 (finally) and won on a hail mary with no time left.

Overall it was a great day. I have no sympathy for businesses that lose money, as they are either 1) In the business of selling to illegals or 2) In the business of hiring illegals. American born workers were able to handle all the work at the stores I mentioned.

I wish tommorrow we could have another day without the Illegal Aliens and their friends... perhaps even a week, month, year or decade. Maybe some places would go out of business due to shrinking customer base, and maybe some goods would cost a little bit more money . That money would get recycled through the economy anyways (kind've like the middle class tax breaks). All in all, today was one of the better days I've had here in Southern California.

By george -- you say the sky didn't fall? Earthquakes and tornados didn't ravage the land? No stock-market crash? Bless you - you brave soul - for venturing out into what was supposed to be a wasteland of a country. Perhaps....just perhaps....our nation can survive after all.

:1stplace:

By george -- you say the sky didn't fall? Earthquakes and tornadoes didn't ravage the land? No stock-market crash? Bless you - you brave soul - for venturing out into what was supposed to be a wasteland of a country. Perhaps....just perhaps....our nation can survive after all.

:1stplace:

America.......not iLLeGalPwNt :)

One of the most original threads I've seen. Kudos. But, as much as I am dismayed by this "protest", we need people willing to do this kind of work. I agree with a "work for citizenship" system, as long as there is a quota sustained, and strict rules that must be adhered by.

One of the most original threads I've seen. Kudos. But, as much as I am dismayed by this "protest", we need people willing to do this kind of work. I agree with a "work for citizenship" system, as long as there is a quota sustained, and strict rules that must be adhered by.
ALL THOSE MEXICANS AND ILLEGALS WHO DIDNT SHOWUP FOR WORK SHOULD BE FIRED.

ALL THOSE MEXICANS AND ILLEGALS WHO DIDNT SHOWUP FOR WORK SHOULD BE FIRED.

Great. So, will you show up in rubber gloves to scrub down the bathroom where I work? NO? Well, neither will the guy on the corner of Glebe and Wilson begging for money.

Great. So, will you show up in rubber gloves to scrub down the bathroom where I work? NO? Well, neither will the guy on the corner of Glebe and Wilson begging for money.

For some reason Hagerstown has no problem filling the jobs with fat pasty white teenagers with zits... :). I'm sure we can manage, we'll just import them...

Your description of reduced traffic and plenty of room in retail areas is perfectly consistent with what happened in Silicon Valley and the Bay Area during the tech crash of 2000.

:owned: :laugh:

/jk

I didn't really notice anything either. My school hires a lot of hispanic people for things like dining services. Everything went smoothly here too.

For some reason Hagerstown has no problem filling the jobs with fat pasty white teenagers with zits... :). I'm sure we can manage, we'll just import them...

is hagerstown thie-codex for alexandria?

is hagerstown thie-codex for alexandria?

Nope, drove to Hagerstown and was shocked to see Caucasoids doing menial tasks... I was always told they wouldn't...

I did see an HT mixed on the 32a exit sign though which does mean theres a RedHorse restaurant nearby...

I noticed the mexicans protesting in Mexico city, too.. a "day without Gringoes" they called it.

Maybe we should turn the tables, and give them a "day without America"

See how they enjoy that.

No more money today. No more grain today. Anyone caught crossing the border today is to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Maybe we should give the illegals a "week without work", and maybe we should give those farms that the initial post talked about a "week with INS up their ass". Maybe we should give them a "week of the IRS poking into their tax records".

I'm listening to this Mexican on the news with a megaphone last night hollering that "he doesn't want to be illegal".

I wonder if he felt the same way before the immigration bill was passed? I wonder if he ever gave a crap that he was illegal before it looked like we might throw him out.

If he doesn't want to be illegal, well, yesterday he took a day off from work. Why not go down to INS and begin the paperwork? Why not go to the proper agencies and begin the process of immigrating legally?

Nah, why bother. I'ts much easier to go to a rally and demand special treatment.

~Bang

Well, then that guy down on the corner of Glebe and Wilson shouldn't be getting a single penny of social welfare aid from the State or Federal government. So far as I'm concerned these jobs could largely be filled by unskilled people from the unemployment office, and if they don't want the jobs, fine. They just don't get a penny of state or federal aid either. Something tells me they'd be much more interested in these jobs given that ultimatum.

I have to agree... Northern Virginia including Herndon (largely hispanic) was nice and quiet yesterday traffic wise. I really didn't notice anything other than a) I was able to get into the 7-11 for a coffee (normally you can't get in there with all the people waiting to get picked up for work). B) large group on Elden street protesting..............waving mexican flags :doh:

I have to agree... Northern Virginia including Herndon (largely hispanic) was nice and quiet yesterday traffic wise. I really didn't notice anything other than a) I was able to get into the 7-11 for a coffee (normally you can't get in there with all the people waiting to get picked up for work). B) large group on Elden street protesting..............waving mexican flags :doh:

[insert sarcasm here] You are a bigot and a racist sir. How dare you suggest that if someone wants to be considered American, they have to act American and/or support America. I wish you wouldn't be so intolerant. [End sarcasm]

There were no Mexican flags before and there were none this time. How do I know? Someone on this board told me.

There were no Mexican flags before and there were none this time. How do I know? Someone on this board told me.

??? :wtf: you lost me dude... The group in Herndon on Eldon were sporting at least a half a dozen large mexican flags... there were 1 or 2 other countries flags as well...

??? :wtf: you lost me dude...

There is a particular poster on this board that insists there were only a "few" Latin flags at the last round of protests and virtually none in this round. Said he knows people that went and that is what they say.

Are you SURE they were Mexican flags and not American flags?

edit: I believe you saw what you say you saw, and I am sure you know the difference between the flags.

My day:

Well I live in Strasburg, where we have 2 hispanic people in the whole town. So I drove to work, almost ran over a lady that had to be at least 150 years old. I worked, it was busier than usual, but bills are due as it was the first of the month, than I drove home, I ate dinner, watched Wheel and Jeopardy, then Cops and 24 and went to bed. I did not encounter one protester or hispanic person at all for that matter. I would say it was a fairly normal day.

Archived