Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the whole draft here. (Merged)

Art

Any Skins fan that bashes Rocky or the Skins for this trade/pick then you should be banned forever from boasting about Rocky or wearing any jersey with his name on it, especially if/when he becomes a great Redskin.

Never doubt the Gibbs... Never.

From all I have read Rocky is a super smart and super athletic and super instinctual football player and his toughness is unmatched... negative is he is on the smaller size and once blocked then he is out of the play... but Gibbs/Williams will bulk him up and teach him how to get off the blocks.

Gibbs has never made a pick that I have not been thrilled about... because it is his pick.

Looking at the draft chart the Skins may have gotten better value than what the Pats' gave up.

Jets' pick #35 = 550 points

Skins picks #53 = 370, #189 = 16.8

Difference in 2006 value = 161 points. 3rd round #86 overall = 160

Based on this trade, the value of next year's 2nd round pick is roughly equal to the #86 pick this year (two spots down from the #84 pick we gave SF)

Packers #36 = 540

Patriots #52= 380, #75 = 215 Total of 595

Patriots lost 55 points in value.

Why are people so upset about out pick? I really wanted Ryans, but Rocky is a good solid LB and will do just fine under Greg Williams. The good thing is that he doesn't have any baggage to deal with.

I think in the 5th we will get a DB or OL for depth and go from there.

I mean we filled a need this time where as in the past we would have taken another O-Lineman. However everything has worked out so why all of a sudden doubt what Gibbs is doing??

Rocky wouldn't have been there at 53...nor jimmy williams, nor thomas howard. Skins did what they neede to do to get who they wanted, we all need to chill and see how Rocky works out b4 we start criticizing....besides, Greg Williams will get the most out of him so we shouldn't worry at all!!

Archived