Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the whole draft here. (Merged)

Art

Worst Draft: Buffalo Bills(Donte Whitner a Top 10 Pick, no...hes good but not that good. As for John McCargo, so overrated and you know why)

Best Draft: Carolina Panthers(Richard Marshall and DeAngelo Williams will be stars)

What do you think? I know its not over but just saying.

I would say the Saints: Brees and Bush on the same team, very nice or

Arizona Cardinals: Leinart, James, Fitzgerald, Boldin...very nice.

I'm loving the Eagles picks right now. I'm very happy with this draft.

You should be. Three of the four picks so far have, luckily, fallen to them. This the the type of "trench draft" I always dreamed of the Redskins having.

You should be. Three of the four picks so far have, luckily, fallen to them. This the the type of "trench draft" I always dreamed of the Redskins having.

Bunkley, Justice and Jean-Gilles? Ridiculous. It's a great draft. Says a lot about how the Eagles feel about their Oline.. hmm..

OK, can someone explain to me what in the heck the Pats are doing drafting two TE's? First they take David Thomas from Texas and now Garrett Mills when they already have Daniel Graham and Ben Watson. Granted Garrett Mills is more of an H-Back type that they could move to fullback but they already have a guy like that in Patrick Pass. A real head scratcher there.

Bunkley, Justice and Jean-Gilles? Ridiculous. It's a great draft. Says a lot about how the Eagles feel about their Oline.. hmm..

It's the revenge of LeCharles. I think you guys are having a great draft... I see you just picked up Avant as well.

I don't know anything about Avant.

Is he any good?

Perfect WCO Receiver with tremendous hands (snags catches rather than catch with his body), excellent route runner, good size, very good blocker, and his YAC is extremely high. On knock on him is his 4.6 speed, but then again, Jerry Rice wasn't that fast either. Not saying this guy is a Jerry Rice type guy, but then again, who knows.

Overall, a perfect complement to Reggie Brown....good blocker, sure handed with moves and power after the catch. The trio of Brown, Gaffney, Avant, mixed with Pinky's deep threat and Lewis working underneath might give the Birds something that McNabb has never had, reliable options, that is as long as Pinky runs outs or deep posts away from Sean Taylor :laugh:

I don't know anything about Avant.

Is he any good?

3 year starter at Michigan. He is a good possession receiver that lacks speed (perhaps an upgraded McMullen or McCants?). He was academic all American for 3 years and is described as a hard worker. Apparantly he broke his hand at the Michigan pro day. Graded out as a 4th rounder.

Archived