Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the whole draft here. (Merged)

Art

He wouldnt have been there almost 20 picks later, we made our move because it is who G. Williams wanted, and he didnt want to wait any longer to get him. We must have heard of another interested team. We did good.

Wait a minute! You guys gave up your 53rd to go 35 and give up a 6th and next years second for a guy who lost his starting OLB position last year? :laugh: :doh:

You can laugh all you want, the fact remains that our defense was top ten 2 years in a row and Gregg Williams knows what kind of players work in his system. We'll see if you laugh after we beat you again twice this season. :)

WOW! I am really impressed with some of you who have such superior knowledge compared to the rest of the Redskins front office. I mean, I wish our front office knew that McIntosh would be there at #53 like many of you apparently do. Who cares that both of the previous picks were linebackers? I'm sure no other team would have taken one if they knew that was what we wanted.

I'm fine with this pick. I think he is going to be developed by Williams and will be inserted into the starting lineup later in the season. From what I've read, he is an all-around linebacker, whose big weakness is fighting off blockers. With some work in the weight room, he will become strong enough to contribute later in the season. He is probably a special teamer at this point.

I'm not sure Jimmy Williams is a Joe Gibbs type of guy. A bit too ****y if you ask me.

Hmmm...on which side of the argument should I stand. With the coaches, scounts, and front office who have been evaluating players and film for months- or, the message board experts who have watched maybe 30 seconds worth of highlights on espn. This is a tough one.

Archived