Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chat with Richard Sharpstein -- Taylor's Attorney. (DATED THREAD)

Art

Ok, where else but ES? Phenomenal work there Art, I am just aghast and agog at this whole cartoon, but I can stop laughing long enough to applaud you for actually contacting ST's attorney. It is things like this that keep this the BEST site online, bar none.

You can pay a visit to DJ Esquire IN PERSON on Saturday Nite in Miami. Here's the info:

Automatic Slim's - 1216 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach

305-695-0795

Saturday April 15

Saturdays at Slims

description: DJ Esquire spins Rock n Roll, Old School Hip Hop, and Funk!

cover: No Cover

Not sure if this was posted in here yet or not but per AP article

Redskins' Taylor's Prosecutor Steps Aside

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/sns-ap-fbn-redskins-taylor,0,4783538.story?coll=sns-ap-football-headlines

MIAMI -- The lead prosecutor in the assault case against Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor stepped aside Wednesday after defense lawyers charged that he was using his prominence in the case to promote his moonlighting work as a nightclub disc jockey.

Michael Grieco, the assistant state attorney handling the Taylor case, asked to be replaced because "he sees himself becoming the courtroom focus, rather than the individual charged with the criminal offense," said a statement from the office of his boss, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle.

I don't know if this pushes the new prosecutor to allow ST to plead to a misdemeanor in order to spare the office further embarrassment -- or if they will want to save face and continue to push to trial.

One thing that (vaguely) supports Sharpstein's allegation that Grieco was refusing to plead to a misdemeanor b/c of his fascination w/ the NFL is that on the cached myspace page, DJ Esq lists "Football" as his sport.

This website is truly excellent. No, not that website, I mean the one you're looking at right now.

A few days from now, a fellow Redskins fan is going to ccome up to me and say "Holy crap, did you hear about that thing with the DA for Saen Taylor's case?"

Should I yawn when that happens?

This is awesome. Extreme Skins... the best find on the internet!

Great job Art, I'm amazed. Honestly.

Thanks guys. I've said before, when things like this happen, it's because the community here is so large and active it gives us credibility to get responsiveness from people. Some sites might do a chat read/viewed 150 times in two days. This is over 4,000 in a few hours. The people we talk to know this. They come here, see what we're about, and realize how potent their message can be because of the strength of the community.

Kudos Art! Good stuff. As someone who was tired of Taylor's off the field antics (I won't review), this prosecutor is as low as one can go. I think there's no question now that the charges will be dismissed. I just hope Taylor stays the course he has set for the past several months.

Hail,

H

Archived