Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO Favre to another team? skins mentioned

SkinSabbath

He was forced to try to make plays with his arm last year because his team was awful and they lost a running game and Javon Walker. So, your comment was kinda dumb. I would take Farve in a second if it was reasonable but someone will have to pay out of their ass to get him. Your only redeeming point is your James Cagney pics. He was the MAN.

Yea that is true. I would like to see him in the B&G.

Bad supporting cast or not, Favre was flat-out terrible last year. At times he would just blindly throw the ball down field rather than check down or take a hit. And off the field with those yearly dragged-out retirement thing... well, I'm just sick of the guy. Say what you want about Brunell -- he's been nothing but the ultimate teammate since he got here.

Didn't see this posted...

On "The SportsBash" with Erik Kuselias, callers were debating about Favre, his abilities, his latest deadlines, etc. Kuselias speculated that teams like Arizona, Baltimore, and Washington would sell their soles to have him for a year.

He was really enamored with the idea of Favre in a skins uni, and thought the skins would be FAVORITES in the NFC with Favre at QB...

I can't help but agree (even though I doubt it would ever happen). Brett would be GREAT with this team around him. However I can't really think of any scenario that would bring him here... And do the skins really need another aging QB on the roster?

Any thoughts?

never gonna happen in a million years...

I would boo Farve as a Redskin even if he was the 4th qb, and Im the biggest homer here. someone actually said I must be related to Ade Jimoh. To the hater that said that to me, hes still here and hes going strong. suck it! He has all the physical skills, he just needs to perfect his corner skills and his karma ship needs to sail in that is all.

Owing to all of the media hype in GB and all the "will he play, wont he" bs im bored of hearing this guys name in all honesty. I feel sorry for the Packers organisation in all of this honestly, because theyve been hogtied by one individual. Admittedly it hasnt been done in a malicious way a la TO and The Eagles but its still not the nicest situation for the team.

Obviously the fans (in Green Bay) love Favre and and everything he has done for their franchise, and rightly so. However i feel that from where im stood it looks as though he has developed a me-first attitude towards his team.

If he was putting the team first he would have made this decision about whether to play again, long before now. If only so that the team could plan Free Agency, the Draft and even OTAs, training camp etc. I would imagine a lot of stuff goes on behind closed doors and if youve got one guy on your team who "still isnt sure" that cant be good for chemistry.

Sorry to go on, and im sure ill get flamed for being a cynic on this. I do have an unholy amount of respect for Favre, the guy has contributed so much to football and to green bay and everything (one of my friends is a packers fan so i get to hear ALL about how good they are plenty) but i think this whole saga should just be over with.

Funny. Favre has one bad season and people call him Mr. Interception. I guess just throw out his HOF career for one bad season. After all the rest of GB did so well last season. Idiots.

As much as I would like to see him in a skins uniform, its not gonna happen in a million years. First, hes aging, and wont be brought in for just one year. Second, hes a gunslinger, and we already know Gibbs does not like gunslingers, it just would clash with the scheme of the entire Redskins team.

Funny. Favre has one bad season and people call him Mr. Interception. I guess just throw out his HOF career for one bad season. After all the rest of GB did so well last season. Idiots.

If you weren't chewing on his jockstrap, you would know he really hasn't been that good for more than just last season. Regardless if it was just one season, at his age, you just know he's in decline and it's not going to get any better.

Lack of recievers doesn't mean you nearly throw 30 interceptions, that is ridiculous. A veteran should know better. No one put a gun to his head and told him to throw into triple coverage, he's just too stubborn to realize he's no longer the player he used to be,

this will never happen, but if it did Favre would have a rediculous year here, with all those weapons, just sick.....the only reason he was so bad last year, look who he had to throw to, and the were playing with their 5th RB on the depth chart, an undrafted free agent from the Citidel, the guy didnt have start when he played in college and he was starting for the Packers, Favre is not washed up, just needs a little help around him....

this will never happen, but if it did Favre would have a rediculous year here, with all those weapons, just sick.....the only reason he was so bad last year, look who he had to throw to, and the were playing with their 5th RB on the depth chart, an undrafted free agent from the Citidel, the guy didnt have start when he played in college and he was starting for the Packers, Favre is not washed up, just needs a little help around him....

So the level of talent forced him to throw into coverage instead of being smart and throwing the ball away? :doh: If this was anyone else, he'd be crucified for that. Yet since it's the "great" Brett Favre, he gets a free pass on everything. Including holding a whole team hostage so he can get his last few moments as the center of attention. He's a 5 year old in a 30+ year old's body.

Farve is acting like a spoiled brat and Packers should cut him today, but on the other hand why are the Packers 28 million under the cap and are sitting on all of this money?

My guess is Farve says he waiting on them and they are waiting on him - its going to be a long season in packer land. They want him to quit.

So the level of talent forced him to throw into coverage instead of being smart and throwing the ball away? :doh: If this was anyone else, he'd be crucified for that. Yet since it's the "great" Brett Favre, he gets a free pass on everything. Including holding a whole team hostage so he can get his last few moments as the center of attention. He's a 5 year old in a 30+ year old's body.

your right if it was anyone else he would be crucified, but it isnt anyone else, its he earned the that right....if they had some decent players to throw to, a decent back, and didnt get a rid of half his O-line i think he would have been better....i mean look at brunny last year, look how his numbers considerbly dropped when we had to start Jimmy Farris.....and i dont see how he is holding the packers hostage.....lets say he does give the packers a decison, what will that really change....their future QB is already on the team and I am sure that he is preparing/learning for next season just as he would if he was starting next year....

your right if it was anyone else he would be crucified, but it isnt anyone else, its he earned the that right....if they had some decent players to throw to, a decent back, and didnt get a rid of half his O-line i think he would have been better....i mean look at brunny last year, look how his numbers considerbly dropped when we had to start Jimmy Farris.....and i dont see how he is holding the packers hostage.....lets say he does give the packers a decison, what will that really change....their future QB is already on the team and I am sure that he is preparing/learning for next season just as he would if he was starting next year....

If Brett decides to play one more year, they would attack free agency and the draft with the intention of winning now, instead of later. For example, since Walker is gone they'll need a new #1 reciever.

If Brett stays, they'll want to sign a FA reciever who has already developed and can be productive for Favre. Drafting a rookie wouldn't do anything because he'll likely do everything wrong. If Rodgers becomes the starter since Favre retires, drafting a reciever is fine because there is no pressure to win now. This scenario can be used in every position of need on the roster. Favre is holding all that up with his posturing and constant "What are they gonna do? Cut me?" talk.

Archived