Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO Favre to another team? skins mentioned

SkinSabbath

Funny. Favre has one bad season and people call him Mr. Interception. I guess just throw out his HOF career for one bad season. After all the rest of GB did so well last season. Idiots.

As much as I would like to see him in a skins uniform, its not gonna happen in a million years. First, hes aging, and wont be brought in for just one year. Second, hes a gunslinger, and we already know Gibbs does not like gunslingers, it just would clash with the scheme of the entire Redskins team.

Exactly and as to Favre holding his team hostage I say BS. He's watched that organization let go of too many good players, do nothing to replace them and just generally manage the team in a less than desireable manner. Given the state of his O-line, I'd have second thoughts about coming back at that age, too. I for one believe Favre can still play at near MVP level given a good team around him. That team is not the Packers, though. It seems to me that the Pack is in the early stages of a long dormant cycle due to poor management. Favre is right to see he wants to see a commitment to winning from the team's management before he makes his decision. It's the same as the Barry Sanders situation. He's come too far in the pros to play for a basement dwelling team.

Guest santana4prez

Brunell played well last year and we got Campbell for the future , we dont need Favre. He could produce but the balls he throws up in the air for grabs nowadays are sad. Favre may have 5 more tds then Brunell could have this season but 10 more ints as well.:helmet:

This is what you get when someone confuses NFL reality with their Madden team.

Gibbs likes A C C U R A T E qbs.

Your comment made me curious about Favre's accuracy over the last few years:

Year -- Att -- Comp %

2001 -- 510 -- 61.6

2002 -- 551 -- 61.9

2003 -- 471 -- 65.4

2004 -- 540 -- 64.1

2005 -- 607 -- 61.3

Given that, I would conclude that his problem is decision making, hence the INT's, and not accuracy. Now, whether accuracy solely entails INT's is another point to ponder.

If you weren't chewing on his jockstrap, you would know he really hasn't been that good for more than just last season. Regardless if it was just one season, at his age, you just know he's in decline and it's not going to get any better.

They thought Y.A. Tittle was "in decline"--he wasn't.

Your comment made me curious about Favre's accuracy over the last few years:

Year -- Att -- Comp %

2001 -- 510 -- 61.6

2002 -- 551 -- 61.9

2003 -- 471 -- 65.4

2004 -- 540 -- 64.1

2005 -- 607 -- 61.3

Given that, I would conclude that his problem is decision making, hence the INT's, and not accuracy. Now, whether accuracy solely entails INT's is another point to ponder.

That and the INTs are a product of having no defense which put undue pressure on Favre to score a ridiculous amount of points. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big time Brunell supporter and I don't expect or want to see Favre here but the idea that he's done or is now an INT machine is ridiculous.

Exactly and as to Favre holding his team hostage I say BS. He's watched that organization let go of too many good players, do nothing to replace them and just generally manage the team in a less than desireable manner. Given the state of his O-line, I'd have second thoughts about coming back at that age, too. I for one believe Favre can still play at near MVP level given a good team around him. That team is not the Packers, though. It seems to me that the Pack is in the early stages of a long dormant cycle due to poor management. Favre is right to see he wants to see a commitment to winning from the team's management before he makes his decision. It's the same as the Barry Sanders situation. He's come too far in the pros to play for a basement dwelling team.

Actually I think it's more comparable to the Marino situation in Miami than Sanders in Detroit. Not that Marino EVER had the talent Favre did, but Marino just got tired of the Dolphins twiddling their thumbs and putting scrubs around him and then expecting maracles and he hung it up. Don't be suprised to see Favre do the same.

i don't know about everybody else, but i am personally sick of hearing about Brett Favre. Everyday all over the TV its "is he coming back or his he retiring?" over and over again. I personally couldn't care less what he does and I think this game he is playing is ridiculous :2cents:

A year ago maybe? lol. Somehow I'm confident he could do it a again.

IT was 2004 - when he was throwing to a healthy-happy Javon Walker and Donald Driver. Unfortunately, Driver is NOT the same receiver w/o walker. He also had a healthy Ahman Green in the backfield. Oh how times have changed.

I suggest, seeing as you're from Ballmer, hun, that you look at the joke the Ravens have become (assuming you're a hurting Ravens fan). Wasn't Billick supposed to be a genius?

IT was 2004 - when he was throwing to a healthy-happy Javon Walker and Donald Driver. Unfortunately, Driver is NOT the same receiver w/o walker. He also had a healthy Ahman Green in the backfield. Oh how times have changed.

I suggest, seeing as you're from Ballmer, hun, that you look at the joke the Ravens have become (assuming you're a hurting Ravens fan). Wasn't Billick supposed to be a genius?

I'm not a ravens fan, hun. But since we're on the subject of joke teams, how about you take a look at the redskins? Lets see, you buy up nearly every good FA every year, and you still can't manage to win a superbowl. You're the yankees of football. Washington is the place Quarterbacks come to die. Can you explain exactly how you can just throw the kitchen sink at every single player in the league, and still not come up with any rings?

EDIT: And I was hoping and praying that Billick would've been fired last year. Hes a horrible head coach, but because the ravens had 1 or 2 good games, they let him stay on unfortunately

I'm not a ravens fan, hun. But since we're on the subject of joke teams, how about you take a look at the redskins? Lets see, you buy up nearly every good FA every year, and you still can't manage to win a superbowl. You're the yankees of football. Washington is the place Quarterbacks come to die. Can you explain exactly how you can just throw the kitchen sink at every single player in the league, and still not come up with any rings? Thought so "hun."

Who is your team then?

Yes, there were mistakes made. Name one team that hasn't made mistakes.

Am I predicting a Super Bowl? Nope. Am I predicting an NFC East Crown? Nope. Are they going to good? Yes. They play in the toughest division in football, and will still make the playoffs.

Here's the kicker though - no one and I mean no one has a coaching staff that can compare the the Redskins. Even the Patriots.

That and the INTs are a product of having no defense which put undue pressure on Favre to score a ridiculous amount of points. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big time Brunell supporter and I don't expect or want to see Favre here but the idea that he's done or is now an INT machine is ridiculous.

21, 17, & 29 int's the last three seasons. That's 22.3 per year. Not so good. :2cents: And he has avg 18 int's per year for his career.

I would love to have Farve but its looking more and more like we are going to have to suffer through another few years of Brunnells woeful exibition of QBism.

? Last year was hardly woeful, especially considering that he was throwing to one deep threat over and over.....

Archived