Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO Favre to another team? skins mentioned

SkinSabbath

He's thinking of retiring because he wants to win so that takes out Arizona and Balitimore as possibilities. So if anything happens he'll be a Redskin. I've been thinking of this situation, but didn't think it could be possible.

it's not... there is nothing to this "rumor" if you can even call it one... why would anyone want favre anyway? I'd almost rather have brunell

ummmmm, and where do we get the money to pay him, I think the vault might be a little empty at the moment, besides I think we have the best vet QB in the league in Mark, another vet QB will not help the skins, we need to start blooding young Jason soon, Coach Gibbs has always taken time to educate his young QBs normally two years and this is jasons second year, so i would expect at the end of this year Mark will become a QB coach/mentor to Jason and Jason will start next year all being well

Hail all things redskins:

Favre isn't coming to DC, but people who would take Brunell over him or don't want him on the team might be just a apple short of a bushel.

Thank you. Let's not be so foolish as to think that Brunell is hands down better than Favre. How can you fairly judge a guy who was playing on an offense that: used Liberty's former 3rd stringer as the starting RB, used former Cowboy KR Reshard Lee as the starting RB, used recently released Rod Gardner as a starting WR, had a beat-up and extremely mediocre OL.

His supporting cast was MISERABLE. If you are going to mitigate Brunell's performance in the playoffs by pointing out that his OL and supporting cast were banged up (as most of us do) you certainly must do the same for Favre.

Put in an offense with this many weapons, Favre could most certainly be amazing. Certainly, anyway, he has a higher upside than Brunell at this point.

That said, the idea is ridiculous and will never happen.

']Apparently' date=' the Packers have entered the Arrington sweepstakes and may be the front runners. This is supposedly their way of showing Favre that they are committed to winning so he will come back for another year. ;doh:

I got this off of a thread on bigblueinteractive.[/quote']

I think this is a wise move, actually, for the Pack. If they add LaVar and draft AJ Hawk, they will immediately have one of the best LB corps in the league. Even if Favre doesn't come back, it's a good move. It's not like they don't have the cap space...

Didn't see this posted...

On "The SportsBash" with Erik Kuselias, callers were debating about Favre, his abilities, his latest deadlines, etc. Kuselias speculated that teams like Arizona, Baltimore, and Washington would sell their soles to have him for a year.

He was really enamored with the idea of Favre in a skins uni, and thought the skins would be FAVORITES in the NFC with Favre at QB...

I can't help but agree (even though I doubt it would ever happen). Brett would be GREAT with this team around him. However I can't really think of any scenario that would bring him here... And do the skins really need another aging QB on the roster?

Any thoughts?

He wasn't enamored with Favre to the skins. He was making a point and a very poor one at that. Brett needs to go mow his lawn this summer and just retire already.

I listened to that show, they had some strange ideas.

They suggessted that Dan Marino is thinking of coming out of retirement to play for the skins to finally win a superbowl.

Please tell me that you made that up. What gives with the sports media? Why stop at Marino, what about Fouts, and Moon? While we're at it Maybe all of the "killer bees" should come over to the team as well as Clayton, Duper and Crash Jensen. We need a back-up Tackle, where's Richmond Webb?

I've got a grand notion, how about the media giving credit to the team that actually takes the field and the Coaches that got them to a point where someone would even mention the Redskins and the Super Bowl in the same breath.

Favre won't be a redskin, and he shouldn't. He needs to just retire and stop all the drama, I swear he loves all of the attention he's getting. Furthermore, he's no longer the great quarterback he used to be. So I'd stick with Brunell who keeps the interceptions at the minimum, then the future HOFer who'll throw mutiple ones every game.

I would take Favre in a heartbeat. Favre with solid protection a good running game, with capable receivers and Saunders as OC could be a lethal combination.

The problem is we already have an established starter with Brunell and I doubt Favre would take kindly to the suggestion that there would be open competition at the position.

Some of these cats on this board are smoking. Favre had no Walker and then no Wideouts and was down to the SIXTH running back (as in, they had to bring guys in off the street.) As long as Favre doesn't have to do it all or "feel" that pressure, he'd be on point here.

Yeah, no WAY Favre gets the ball to Lloyd, Moss and RE and Cooley. :rolleyes: :doh:

Favre is certainly a better player than Brunell historically and today, but, he's not a guy who'd fit in our system. He's TOO much of a gambler and Gibbs can't abide that. Maybe Saunders could, but, Gibbs can't. For a different system you'd take Favre in a heartbeat. For ours, you wouldn't even look his way.

Brett Favre has made some of the gutsiest plays in the past ten years, he is widely regarded as QB for kids to emulate, he is almost cetainly a first ballot HOFamer. I still wouldnt take him. But i will not disrespect Favre, the man is warrior, and if (this is the biggest "if" ever, an impossibility) he wanted to come here it couldnt hurt to let the man compete. All you haters, try passing with what he has had lately. At D.G's home retirement game an eagles fan held up a sign that said "I may bleed eagle green, but I still respect Darrell Green" (which, btw, is the classiest thing an eagles fan has ever written, thought, or said). My point is that brett favre is the kind of player deserving of the same respect that eagles fan gave to Darrell. He is not, should not, will not become our QB, but the man deserves his props.

No way in hell I want Mr. INT

He was forced to try to make plays with his arm last year because his team was awful and they lost a running game and Javon Walker. So, your comment was kinda dumb. I would take Farve in a second if it was reasonable but someone will have to pay out of their ass to get him. Your only redeeming point is your James Cagney pics. He was the MAN.

Favre is certainly a better player than Brunell historically and today, but, he's not a guy who'd fit in our system. He's TOO much of a gambler and Gibbs can't abide that. Maybe Saunders could, but, Gibbs can't. For a different system you'd take Favre in a heartbeat. For ours, you wouldn't even look his way.

I don't know that I agree with you on that. Neither QB is a stud in their current state. However, Favre no longer is a gunslinger, which Brunell never was. Therefore, Favre is more likely to make mistakes, and even more than he did when he was younger. At their current age and physical ability, I'd give the edge to Brunell ONLY because he is smarter than Favre. Brunell may lack ability in the physical aspects, but because of Favre's dependence on his physical attributes throughout his career, Brunell surpasses him with mental ability. Neither is a "great" QB. But, I'd trust Brunell's ability not to make mistakes over Favre's deteriorating physical ability.

Favre had 20 TD's to 29 INT's. That is a VERY bad stat, needless to say. Sure, we can bring up the fact Walker was injured, but he has never seen a route he didn't want to throw to.

EDIT: Oh, and Brunell, according to Coach Gibbs, is SUPER SMART! :laugh:

Archived