Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO Favre to another team? skins mentioned

SkinSabbath

Didn't see this posted...

On "The SportsBash" with Erik Kuselias, callers were debating about Favre, his abilities, his latest deadlines, etc. Kuselias speculated that teams like Arizona, Baltimore, and Washington would sell their soles to have him for a year.

He was really enamored with the idea of Favre in a skins uni, and thought the skins would be FAVORITES in the NFC with Favre at QB...

I can't help but agree (even though I doubt it would ever happen). Brett would be GREAT with this team around him. However I can't really think of any scenario that would bring him here... And do the skins really need another aging QB on the roster?

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't want Farve on this team for the vet. minimum. He tries to make throws that his body won't let him at his age, which is why he had 20+ interceptions last year, as he probably will this year. Plus, I think he is an arrogant ******* that wouldn't do much for the chemistry this team has developed.

the mediots are just finding another way to hate on the Redskins

reasons such as "Snyder will never let a groomed QB (Campbell) take over, vets only" and "Snyder would love to sign him immediately to take that team a game further" and of course, "Brunell is out of gas"

:rolleyes:

This is what happens when you give a moron a microphone & a show on ESPN radio.

Exactly.

I've said time after time on this very board that Kuselias is a fool. He's the epitome of what happens when you give a lawyer with a very basic knowledge of sports a microphone and tell him to do a show.

He repeats himself every two seconds and drags out inane thought after though. Other words, his show lacks substance.

No way. The media can try to spin the Favre situation all they want by saying he doesn't have a great supporting cast, etc. The fact is, yeah they have a bad team but he is not the young gunslinging Brett Favre anymore. He cant rely on his arm anymore when he tries to rifle passes into tight spots and he makes terrible decisions in clutch situations for the last couple of years, not just this past year.

I'd rather have Brunell who has proven he can still throw a deep ball and make smart decisions.

No way in hell this would ever happen. I'll say to this exactaly what I said about the thread that asked if McNair would be a good fit here - Brunell is our quarterback next year, then Jason Campell the year after that, everyone just needs to get over it. Must be something in the water in the D.C. area because I've never seen a town so QB contraversy crazy. It's like the season can't start unless we have one. Brunell is the starter for one more year...we have 2 other quartberbacks on our roster, Campell is the future, Collins is the insurance plan and a tutor of Saunders offense....thats the QB situation, it isn't going to change, deal with it.

I would take Favre in a heartbeat. Favre with solid protection a good running game, with capable receivers and Saunders as OC could be a lethal combination.

The problem is we already have an established starter with Brunell and I doubt Favre would take kindly to the suggestion that there would be open competition at the position.

I listened to that show, they had some strange ideas.

They suggessted that Dan Marino is thinking of coming out of retirement to play for the skins to finally win a superbowl.

Hell yeah! Let's get both Favre and Marino! We could innovate with a 2 QB set; opposing defenses won't know who's going to throw the ball! Awesome. While we're at it, let's resign Deion, I hear he's available. And where the hell has Bruce Smith been at, too? They're gonna need someone to throw the ball to, right? Jerry Rice, anyone? Screw it, let's go all out and talk Barry Sanders out of retirement as well! Go Skins!

Hell yeah! Let's get both Favre and Marino! We could innovate with a 2 QB set; opposing defenses won't know who's going to throw the ball! Awesome. While we're at it, let's resign Deion, I hear he's available. And where the hell has Bruce Smith been at, too? They're gonna need someone to throw the ball to, right? Jerry Rice, anyone? Screw it, let's go all out and talk Barry Sanders out of retirement as well! Go Skins!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived