Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various 'Skins Related News Items (Merged)

Renegade7

Guest santana4prez
I think we were looking at Ayodele(and Abraham) b/c we were not sure about Carter.

I agree , Carter is way better than Ayoldele. Maybe they wanted Carter at DE and Akin at LB , but I want Jackson from Maryland in the 2nd rd.:D

I agree , Carter is way better than Ayoldele. Maybe they wanted Carter at DE and Akin at LB , but I want Jackson from Maryland in the 2nd rd.:D

Jackson would be good here. Carter is better than Ayodele, but we only looked at Ayodele b/c we were not sure if Carter was going to sign or not. If we wanted to take Ayodele away from Dallas, we would have.

Guest santana4prez
Jackson would be good here. Carter is better than Ayodele, but we only looked at Ayodele b/c we were not sure if Carter was going to sign or not. If we wanted to take Ayodele away from Dallas, we would have.

We could have, I agree. Snyder has the big bucks.:cheers:

Sorry I ran thru the threads pages and didnt search, sorry.

Honest mistake , I actually do use the search feature. My luck the first time I dont it comes back to haunt me.

Mods please merge. Sorry FS36 and all ESkins members, it wont happen again.:(

Don't flog yourself, dude, but congrats :applause: on being cool about someone telling you, and not reacting like a victimized pissant :cheers:

Guest santana4prez
Don't flog yourself, dude, but congrats :applause: on being cool about someone telling you, and not reacting like a victimized pissant :cheers:

Thanks Jumbo.:cheers: You made me feel better about my mistake.

Word, I kind of felt bad when you apologized twice. No hard feelings, just a million threads popping up recently that end up having to be consolidated.

Guest santana4prez
Word, I kind of felt bad when you apologized twice. No hard feelings, just a million threads popping up recently that end up having to be consolidated.

Thanks for pointing it out earlier , if you wouldnt of I might not of learned that i nessed up. Thanks again, HTTR.:helmet:

Uh, when it's a signing bonus you get the money right then. All the players who were restructuring were not sacrificing any money guaranteed to them. The only thing they sacrificed was the ability to collect a fat paycheck weekly this season in exchange for a really fat check right NOW.

When accounted for under the cap the signing bonus is prorated while a roster bonus counts all in that one season. But this has absolutely nothing to do with when the guy receives it and whether or not he is guaranteed to receive it.

Like I said the player's are not dumb and while they certainly help the team by doing it, they are not hurting their financial position in the process...

And for the most part you don't see many teams doing this because A. no one around he is reporting on other teams, B. other teams don't have to do it nearly as much because they don't try and maximize thier cap year and and year out, and C. most teams don't spend like D. Snyder...

D. Most teams have tried this and don't like the idea that a player gets most of his money for that year early in the the off season and will have no fear of being cut because the cap hit would be awful and the team would look like a smacked butt for giving a player most of his money and then cutting him a few months later. In the Skins case almost the whole roster will have the lion share of their pay in their pocket long before the season and be receiving minimum salary week to week during the season. Also since it builds a player's signing bonus proration in future years it pushes back the point where a player's salary exceeds his proration and he then is at risk of being cut. These are the main reasons most teams who routinely restructured contracts to create space in the past stopped doing it.

Sorry I ran thru the threads pages and didnt search, sorry.

Honest mistake , I actually do use the search feature. My luck the first time I dont it comes back to haunt me.

Mods please merge. Sorry FS36 and all ESkins members, it wont happen again.:(

Yeah. Well. Gee. I mean. The rest of us have never had that happen to us before. :halo:

( I think once I actually posted a thread about some Redskins news item and left the thread. Came back 15 mins later and noticed I hadn't provided the link or any excerpt. :rolleye: And it may have been a repeat one too. :doh: ).

He picked the Boys after the Skins let him leave. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :)

If This is Not A New Thread.....My Apologies

Redskins | M. Washington restructures his contract

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:51:12 -0800

The Washington Post reports Washington Redskins LB Marcus Washington agreed to convert $3.4 million in roster bonuses and base salary into a signing bonus, which is then prorated to save the team $2.5 million in cap space this year, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Redskins | Team working to free up cap space

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:50:52 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Redskins have begun converting about $13.5 million in total roster bonuses due to players in 2006 into signing bonuses, which will clear about $10 million in total cap space.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

isn't all this restructuring going to bite us in the *** eventually????? I know, I know, experts have said this for years, but I can't remember when I've seen so much restructuring on a team.... all this does is push the cap numbers up in the later years of players contract...

isn't all this restructuring going to bite us in the *** eventually????? I know, I know, experts have said this for years, but I can't remember when I've seen so much restructuring on a team.... all this does is push the cap numbers up in the later years of players contract...

You have to realize that the contracts were designed this way from the beginning. This isn't the result of desperate salary cap moves, its the execution of a solidly designed plan.

yea it makes it tough in the longrun but players rarely play out their entire contract anyway, by the time we get to the years when they will be a large cap hit they are usually gone, cut or traded or end up signing an extension or new contract. Snyder has the cap figured out don't even worry about it, I was reading one of the many interviews about cap hell, and vinny was saying that every move they make they look at the long term affect, 3yrs, 4yrs, 5yrs down the road. They know what impact their moves are going to make in the long run so don't sweat it.

Archived