Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, how long until Jacobs is released?

HailSkins81

When Patten wasn't hurt, he was pretty good at drawing a pass interference call. I think we will miss that talent if we trade him.

:D

His main weapon was being able to open up space for Moss. Not saying he's in the same league by a long shot, but a certain #81 used to do the exact same thing here in the '80's.

I still think he can be productive as a #3 next year, though.

His main weapon was being able to open up space for Moss. Not saying he's in the same league by a long shot, but a certain #81 used to do the exact same thing here in the '80's.

I still think he can be productive as a #3 next year, though.

Yes, he did keep double coverage down on Moss. He may be too pricey if we also get Randle El, though. Should be interesting. I hope Brunell can stay healthy, or that Campbell is ready, because that will be some good talent at WR.

well, if we get lloyd and randle el, then he's gone.

I'm sure he's got a little trade value left in him

You might be able to get a hot cup of coffee for him. :2cents:

If I coached the Redskins and he was my son, I'd cut him. He's proven to me that he's not an NFL-caliber WR. I do wish him well in all of his future nonfootball-playing endeavors!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Jacobs is gone for sure.I think it's going to be a battle for the second spot at wide receiver!!!The new guy from San Fran. better be ready to fight his guts out in training camp because Patten is not going to lay down easy for the second spot.Anyway I'm starting to get choked up just thinking of the talent that we are getting on offense.Speed kills and man are we getting it now for sure.The next thing I want to see is some offensive line help so the old man(brunell)will have the time to hit his targets.

Taylor Jacobs is not an NFL player. He was not the best possible selection for the Redskins at #44 overall in 2003 as Vinny Cerrato claimed at the time. Everything and everyone connected to the Spurrier regime via Florida Gator origins or trades made during that time have been purged, save Jacobs.

Time for Jacobs to find a new home.

Of the WR's already here, I think we need to keep Thrash the most. I don't see Jacobs sticking around now, especially if we sign Randle-El as well. I wonder about Patten as well.

I don't see it being too long until we let go Jacobs, though.

What are your thoughts?

depends upon the cap savings.. he is such a nice kid,and unlike ramsey he is not agitating to go elsewhere... might last until camp...

The sooner the better IMO. This dude sure turned out to be Shuler in a WR body didn't he? Watching him in preseason when he first got here, I thought we had a big game receiver on our hands. Sadly, he turned out to just be a preseason hero.

Jacobs is a waste of a roster space. He's only average on special teams, especially compared to James Thrash or Antonio Brown. How could he see the field so much last season and produce so little, it's mind-boggling...except when you finally realize he isn't a NFL caliber player.

Do we cut him now or in August? Does it matter? If we sign Randle El, you know for sure without a doubt that Jacobs will not be a Redskin in the season opener. So might as well cut him now, and allow whatever team out there who is delusional enough to give him a chance to sign him.

Archived